NVIDIA GeForce 304.79 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just had my first bsod in a very very longtime,i blame it on this driver as event viewer tells me so.

Any driver that has any optimizations for Win 8 is a massive fail.

Bad root=Weak tree.

Rolling back to previous driver which i had 0 problems and any driver before that i had 0 problems.

2. jetfx

jetfx Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 670GTX DCIITOP 2G
    confirmed :( 304.79 no go for Powerdirector 10. :puke2:

3. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Why do you need the latest drivers with 8800GT i don't get it?

Its not like it will make any difference in games...

4. jetfx

jetfx Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 670GTX DCIITOP 2G
    oh sorry! i forgot to update my specs lol. will do right now.

using 670gtx

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Why i play diablo and the GPU LOAD is 99% but the Fan is only 68% max ?? FullScreen, Window mode, Window Full Screen, nothing change it. and the GPU show artefacts on 90c ! it almost crashed. Geforce 480GTX

There is a problem with the FAN in this drivers ! someone tell NVIDIA or we will be with bricks !

EDIT : if i put it on manual mode it works as it should compare to the C, but as soon as i choose Auto it revert back to 60-68% , Wtff they want to burn our cards

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  6. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Nice :)

7. devnickle

devnickle New Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 680 sli
    BCCode: 116 crashes

The 304.79 drivers are crashing mostly playing BF3 and Crysis2. Sometimes
    randomly while web surfing. Black screen, no video signal, then my PC reboots with "unexpected shutdown" message. 304.48 driver also caused actual blue-screen memory dumps. No problems with 301.42 whql. 304.79 is fast. 500 point gain in 3dmark 11. Using GTX 680's in sli, overclocked.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Did anyone check their Fan Speed in diablo 3 or other games with nvidia inspector ?

Please check to see if it passes the 68% fan speed

9. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    I'm using fan curve which overrides the auto setup.
    I normally don't bother checking auto results so can't compare to what I'm seeing with this driver - leaving Auto for mild OC (+50) w/ reference cooler pretty easily brings my GPU to 90c while stressing EVGA OC Scanner. fan reached about 73, it didn't seem to stop climbing, though obviously is late to the rescue, lagging behind.

I never trust factory Auto setting anyway, and although it may be a driver fault, I always recommend a custom fan curve.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

Can you explain me what to download and how to set fast settings ? like just C that it run % that, when idle or lower than that % that.

11. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    I use EVGA Precision X, you can set custom fan curve via properties / fan, or just press "fan curve" on the main screen under "fan speed".

alternatively you could use MSI Afterburner and do the same.

there are more possible tools (inc. Nvidia's own "Nvidia System Tools"), but the mentioned above are highly recommended.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  12. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    I have exacly the same problem.

13. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    my mouse cursor dissapeared in WoW and EVE...fixed in wow by disabling hardware cursor...

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Thanx works.

Any useful to enable Frame Rate Targeting without Vsync or do i need Vsync Enabled (adaptive or just on) ?

15. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Virtu MVP crashes when enabled for me under 304.79 ... doesn't matter what game I try. Had to disable it. Another annoying thing is when you turn it off in the cpanel it turns itself back on?? I had to turn it off in the bios to stop it from turning itself on constantly and making all my games crash.

I have the latest virtu mvp software from the website as of july.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I too have the same problem with Virtu Mvp. I had to disable it completely. Nothing worked with it.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got a profile update yesterday (7th July) but I've no idea what was updated as NVIDIA are too lazy to include release notes! I can't understand why they don't as AMD do for their (IMO, confusing) CAPs.

Anyone know what the changes were?

18. Jraptor

Jraptor Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 680 x2 SLI
    I have this problem too. I had to switch back to DX9, which seemed to fix the problem. This is with 680 SLI. If I try DX11 it slows to a slide show or crashes.

19. skippy_watford

skippy_watford Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 680 4GB + 570Physx
    Beta drivers defintely seem unstable

further to my earlier post, 301.42 still hasn't crashed on anything other than Crysis 2. But both the beta drivers crashed everthing in DX11. As other said, they were fast - didn't test 304.79 on 3dmark11 but with 304.48 my 680 was scoring 10489 in 3dmark11, whereas 301.42 are only getting me 10072. But at least the latter are stable. BF3, Batman AC, Metro 2033 all crashed with a freeze and then the GPU resetting itself and having to close the game from task manager. Crash report as listed previously on page 8

20. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    Can anyone tell me how to enable the gaming profiles for a quadro card? All I get is normal applications. But when I use nvidia inspector, it shows only gaming profiles and no applications. I'm really confused. :infinity: