Continuing GTX 680 VSYNC Problems (RAGE) (Video Inside)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Brendruis, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    More GPU horsepower gives you ability to maintain higher settings at 60FPS 60Hz vsync.

Actually many SLI users prefer VSYNC because it minimizes "microstuttering" (frames arriving at uneven intervals)

but this issue isn't microstuttering it is giant huge chunky ridiculous stuttering.

but the video has SLI off for testing purposes to SLI is not even in the equation.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I don't understand. I always play with VSYNC unless an online shooter or benchmark. Many games its on by default like Skyrim

3. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    So...

Why are you moving the camera?
    It could very well be that the game engine is just streaming the textures and that's causing the temporary drop in FPS, it happens in numerous games.

Do you actually experience lag? I play fps games with vsync enabled all the time and often get fps between 50 and 60, but I don't even notice.

I don't see the problem here. Make a video with your 570ti for 5 minutes and show that the framerate is a solid 60 at all times in the same spot, while moving the camera.

4. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    ok just played rage with vsync on i can not see any fps drop with this game i am on 304.79 all good so far hope works out for u......

5. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Its a phone sorry my hands are shaky. The fraps meter is what is important. Rage is designed for 60 fps and auto adjusts to achieve that. It should not show 40 or 50 fps ever really.. And doesn't on 500 series. This is not normal behavior

I have other videos on my channel of 560ti but I will make another with rage maybe. It is solid 60 fps with 59 here and there with scene load.... NOT as in the video

6. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Hi. Disable sli and report back. Sli makes the problem hard to notice. Play first scene at ark easy to reproduce

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Is this using Rage's adaptive vsync or using Nvidia's driver version, and is it just the one game?

8. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    i get 60 fps to 59 with out sli on that game as said hope works out for u ..

9. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    i get 60 fps to 59 with out sli on that game as said hope works out for u ..

10. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    dont worried man, this game is a garbage, I have 2x6990 same bug, when I on the textures detail, is a dirty opengl code, made for nvidia users, but the bad action, is counter the same game. John Carmack buuuuu!

I was a fan of nvidia, Fermi was a big problem, since its inception, even before release, nvidia knows it, but money is the main thing for them, 2x480 crash all the time, year 2 and does not solve anything, http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=187401&view=getnewpost(system maintenance and updates) responses, users were the real Fermi stupid cheated. look at the link. I got out of my parameters, and buy ATI, I have no complaints, the only problem I had was that I could not run crossfire on BF3, but with the new patch will fix. maxpayne3 have flickering with crossfire on, anyway, with only one, the game run good. in rage I've always had problems, like I said, nvidia Carmack married and forget ati users. She did not foresee is that the game was doomed to failure, left forgotten almost or more than half of the players. but I see you came out the backfire. your game is a mess, so much knowledge wasted in a trash can without details, the textures are hurt, I've seen better graphics running on a console.

11. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    It's not using adaptive at all. Regular in game vsync. Occurs in many titles to different degrees.

Titan quest is one where it stutters a lot and the game is really light

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This,

And maybe try ingame vsync-on, 1 or 2 frames to render ahead in Rage profile (not app. controlled).

Also this custom cfg? It helped me by streaming ~ 285.xx driver.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=269515&page=94

13. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    The game has crap textures but it also had 60 fps on my 580 so why is it so crappy now on 680?

14. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    try your other card see if it happen on that card ...

15. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    try on transcode gpu.

16. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X

ahh okok I read the youtube response, sorry!. do you try with sli off, with gpu transcoding on??? I can run with texture detail off, only way for ati users. try this...I read in someforums about stutering or flickering, fix with ht off. do you have the problem every time????

17. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Thanks for trying to help man but I have already beaten the game.. I'm not actually playing to enjoy the game just to test the known stuttering problem with GTX 680. It occurs to varying degree in different games, but I believe perhaps some of the texture loading in this game may be exacerbating the issue.

I created the video for my nVidia bug report and was posting here for your guys input and to warn potential 680/670 purchases.

If anyone else has an opinion I would be welcome to hear it. Why do you guys think the 600 series is so fundamentally different with how VSYNC behaves?

18. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I will but they both score P9700 in 3DMark11 they both seem to be 100% stable

I think result will be the same since so far the 560Ti is only one that works for me.

Did you disable SLI or did you use Single-GPU option? In this game that makes a difference..

19. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    yes i did use single gpu i got 60 - 59 fps so i am one lucky ones so far..so try the other card lets us know how u get on ....

20. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I changed the in game settings to match what yours might be and yes I got the 59, 60, 58 frame sometimes.. sometimes 57 frames as you advance.. however this is incorrect behavior for RAGE. 560 Ti easily does 60FPS solid.. only drops are SAVE moments.