AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.1 June 25) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. THEFOOL

THEFOOL Guest

GPU:
    DriverVer=06/25/2012, 8.981.2.1000

This hotfix driver resolves the random black screen issue seen with the online game QQ Dancer

Hotfix 8.981.2.0

2. dreamslides

dreamslides Guest

GPU:
    AMD/HD/6480G
    My 6620G still doesn't boot with this driver, it just proceeds through Windows logo then blackness. Sorry :(

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    does you hard drive light show any activity after the back screen?

4. dreamslides

dreamslides Guest

GPU:
    AMD/HD/6480G
    I think so but can't be sure :-| It does load through the Windows logo then when it would switch to the desktop it blacks out.

8.97-120418a works fine though

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    try this, go to safe mode, disable your nic, then reboot normally...re-enable the nic....

tell me what happens...

6. Augmented

Augmented Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD6990M
    I switched from 12.4 to these mainly for AA support in Diablo 3. Now, I'm getting some weird lines and 'tearing' on my desktop (2D) when I mouse over icons on ObjectDock, click my Windows orb or mouse over certain UI elements. Is this a known bug?

7. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    This driver was quite buggy for me. Now I'm on the "AMD official 12.7 beta's" and no issues at all. Give them a try.

8. Augmented

Augmented Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD6990M
    I'm also using the latest (6/28) official betas. The only remedy I could find for my strange desktop issue was to enable then disable LCD overdrive.

9. dreamslides

dreamslides Guest

GPU:
    AMD/HD/6480G
    I think I figured it out, but it makes little sense. With these drivers I can't boot directly with an external LCD monitor connected via HDMI, it just shows the Windows Logo and when it's ready to switch to the desktop it blanks out both the laptop monitor and the LCD. I have to open the laptop and let it boot first to the laptops monitor? The old driver never exhibited this strange behavior, what you think?

Infact no drivers ever exhibited this behavior lol Oh well

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Still working great for me these. :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

11. billym

billym Guest

GPU:
    HD7950/XFX/3GB
    Hi, I am new here :p. I got a problem with catalyst 12.6+hd7950. when the clock changes from 3d to 2d (i think), sometimes my screen "shakes/jump" or something like that. Someone has that problem? i have a problem with scale too when i restart my pc. Black stripe until my PC is fully started.

I don't know if catalyst 12.4 solved my problem, but it seems to be solved so far.
    i tryed catalyst 12.7 beta but seems to have same problem. What would be? drivers, monitor or VGA? :flame:

Sorry my bad english... i just bought the HD7950 and this happens. I don't wanna send for warranty or RMA. :bang:

12. nofear4u

nofear4u Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    Because you are using a single card...try buying a second 7970 for crossfire using these or any drivers and you will regret it.

AMD dev team no longer has working drivers for crossfire users. :/

13. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    How do you mean? I'm using several games under CFX (including some games that aren't designed for it... like NFS:HP, for example) that are fine.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Back on the 12.5 betas (April 18th), got a black stripy screen, followed by a fullblack screen, then 100% fan while playing Fear 2 :(

15. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Been gone a while but thanks for the early gift. working great for me with my obsolescent P4 rig.

16. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Guest

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire

it just baffles me why some 7970 crossfire users are having soo many issue's , but one thing i have noticed is that most users with issues have newer platforms then x58 , not sure if that's a connection or not just my thoughts

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    For me too, free of CF issues

18. nofear4u

nofear4u Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    Finally took the plunge from 12.4 since June decided what the eff and installed 12.7 Official Beta.

Any reason to upgrade from 12.6 Cap1 to 12.7 Cap1? I increased about 100 points in 3dmark 11 going to 12.7 Beta, should I even bother with 12.7 Cap1?

Besides Diablo 3 MSAA & SSAA, I really dont see anything significant on AMD website to upgrade to 12.7 Cap1...

19. fluxetreflux

fluxetreflux New Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770 CF / 5870m
    I think i did a clean install (Driver Sweeper, CCleaner in Safe Mode) but CCC says that i'm in 12.4 (see picture below) :

[​IMG]

And if i want to update via CCC :

[​IMG]

Is there a trick in the registry to get rid of this ?

Thanks in advance for your help... :bed:

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001/Catalyst_Version