Battlefield 3 Premium sells over 800K since launch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

While many scoffed at Battlefield 3's late-arriving competitor to Call of Duty Elite it seems to have worked quite splendidly for the publisher. More than 800000 players have signed up for Premium in...

More...

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Huge lol.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's so funny? :p

4. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    Probably that 800K people are stupid f**ks :p.

5. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    Hows it stupid? You would pay more buying each DLC individually plus you get other bonuses.. So whats not to like? People are just wingers now a days

6. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I'm sorry, but I found BF3 very generic. How anyone can get into a pattern of playing the same recycled games over and over again and expecting things to change is beyond me.

Then again, that is the definition of "insanity." :)

7. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    Gaming in general is generic, most games copy each other and the core of the game is the same. I think if you don't like it then your in the wrong hobby. BF3 is just a extension and modernization of BF2, granted some things they cut, which tbh is abit backwards. But it seems that's the way modern gaming is now. :3eyes:

8. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I really love premium. :)

9. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I have been gaming for around 24yrs; a long time. Maybe it's just because there's so much verity to choose from nowadays, that it just seems like it. Or maybe developers care more for "quantity over quality" just to make a quick buck.

A few factors in play on this one.

10. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    Oh yeah I agree totally with this, I think the "quantity over quality" is very true, COD is a prime example of a great game being killed by being recycled far too much. Also games seem to be more simplified and easier (guess it's catering to the brain dead masses) I think the majority of the long term readers/members of guru3d are a dieing breed. Games are getting more pretty now but much more simpler which is a shame :(

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    400k of them have been paid in indian rupies, 300k in brazillian reals, 100k were actually bought at EA's price.

Thats my reading? :p

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    BF3 sucks bigtime,my opinion.
    Agree 100%.

13. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    One thing I will add which I think is wrong. Paying for unlocks wtf, ain't the idea of the game to unlock items and progress? I like having assignments and potential unlocks, adds more depth to the game for me.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Calling people stupid ****s for not liking the same games as you. I guess that makes you really intelligent right.

Anyway's £35 for 20 + maps new guns, vehicles ect is a pretty good deal imo I rarely spend much time with games these days but I always get hundreds of hours out of battlefield games so its worth it for me and other fans.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Misquoting something ftw? :)

I think, that one of the ways to perfect something is through repetition - and all FPS games have nuances.

BF3, I started playing really in the last few weeks for real and I have to say with complete honesty that I suck at it.

I can't get the K/D ratio that I normally enjoy through TF2; where I normally am at the top of the table at the end of each round. And, the way I look at it is that I simply need to learn how to play this game, and that will take time.

Half the time I just do not see people until it's too late, the other half I die with no clue as to how it happened, other than the post-death screen telling me the who and how details.

It's very confusing, but I do believe that I can get better at it, and have already started to get at least 1 kill per round, ableit a lucky shot, or a spray and pray moment...sometimes the occasional kill-assist.

The maps are superb though, with loads of nooks and crannies to wedge a prone sniper into, or a convenient rockface to hide a tank behind.

Liking it...but feel it needs a dedicated player to truly reap the rewards.

16. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Haha, I was going to post exactly the same. Paid less than half price for mine via India.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Premium is a rip off

18. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well I wouldn't call it a rip off, more like a money grab. The prices of the planned DLC would cost you more seperately.

19. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    All glory to the Premium Master Race™

20. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    @Loobyluggs:

Don't think to hard, smoke will come out. :p

All valid points, sure, the only way to get good is through repetition, but gaming... Sorry, I look for more than just re-skins.