12.6 lockups?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by heroxoot, Jun 14, 2012.

1. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Is anyone else having a weird lockup where it doesnt crash it just freezes and your speakers make buzzing noises. I have got this on and off since 12.6. I thought it was a bad OC but I have proven it to be very stable.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Had it happen one time.

3. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Twice so far for me. ALways while playing a game called maplestory and watching netflix. The game max res is only 1024x768 because its old. So I put it in window mode and play with netflix next to it on my 1080p monitor. The game is very old and was based on a P4 so even with an unstable OC it couldnt crash a dang thing. I just did a much more extensive cleaning on my pc too.

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    heard of this over the years, so it could be anything & possibly related to OC

(not that there's not enough power or cooling, it could be a simple timing mismatch since gfx cards arent with perfect error correction, a little skip could confuse the driver or OS, boom)

5. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I've had the same stable OC for a good 8 months now though, and it just started now. I have only had 12.6 for only a week and a half at most.

6. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I run a 1225/1650 overclock 24/7. All three of the 12.6 beta releases have lockup (screen freeze) with me. Had to do hard reboots to clear them. It wasn't during games tho.

I use TRIXX for my overclocking and afterburner for my temps on my logitech g510 kb lcd. Also I have HWiNFO64 to monitor my system with. With the 12.6 beta drivers installed I would get a lockup any time I tried to open TRIXX or HWiNFO64 after leaving a game. They opened just fine prior to starting any game. Weird.

Doesn't do that with 12.4 or 12.5 beta. Back to 12.5 beta now.

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yeah my OC on my 7970 isn't stable anymore on 12.6 betas like it was on all previous drivers up untill now.
    Very Strange.

Not sure whether to try the new leaked June 12th Betas or go back to 12.4 whqls

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I got the freeze first time, then i just got random coloured screens with stripes down them, went back to the April 18th 12.5 betas, and all good again :)

9. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    fake no problem with any 12.X whql or beta...bad oc on gpu/mem or cpu/mobo

10. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    It just happened to me as well, with Maplestory open and browsing the web. First time.

11. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    i was playing residente evil 5 and it was already having some wierd freezes but didnt care at the time but came tho that part where you fight with that bow that falls from a capsule you can stil see the vídeo of crhis and sheva going down the elevator and then boom screem freeze next to a black screem and hard reset becouse the computer blocks but i can stil hear the sound of the game runing wierd but its not only me then something realy bad with those drivers i guess ati shouldnt rush their drivers becouse things like this are stupid it works great on sme games and on others this things apear

12. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yeah i tried the 12 June unofficals, seemed ok for a day but back to lockups in BF3 last night like the 12.6 offical betas did.

Going to go back to 18th April 8.97's aswell as those and the 12.4 betas were fine for me.

13. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    i've been getting occasional "gray screen of death"-lockups since i installed the 12.6 betas. didn't have such problem with any driver before.
    anyone tried if going back to 12.4 whql fixes this?

-andy-

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im now using the Official BETA 12.7's (June 25th), working fine so far.

15. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    unfortunately, i can't test the 12.7 betas, as they are 7 only (no vista support included).

-andy-

16. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    i get TDR's if that helps. Could be the same Issue. I have a HD 7850.

17. slice313

slice313 Member

GPU:
    hd 7850
    I registered just to confirm the problem with me too. Since I installed last beta 12.7 I have been sufering weird lockups, I am using trixx too. The OC was rock solid before...

I installed the new 12.6 official the other day and the problem still there... Something is wrong...

18. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    I can´t even install 12.6 at all, it´ll just black screen during driver install and the screen won´t come back up at all, after I reboot the system, the driver seems to be installed but I have these ugly back borders around the screen because I can´t access CCC. :(

19. Powerus

Powerus Guest

GPU:
    gtx1080
    Don't download this "whql" 12.6 driver it will make you freeze and crash in any game (sometimes only with a video).

Same problem on 2 computers here with 6870 and 6970 cards.

This driver is a poison for your graphic card!

20. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    I'm having this problem after i updated to 12.6 official. 12.6 and above are broken.