AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 June 11) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    ok so tdu2 working properly now,no glitchy graphics,smooth game play and i can max settings again but wait....oh a new problem now windows keeps freezing and only solution is to manually restart ,no new windows updates and its completely new issue since installing these drivers

2. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    I really think that has something to do with OC. I also didn't want to believe it because my 7850 ran at 1050mhz core. But with ANY Beta Driver after 12.4 and with this 12.6 it seems to cause issues on desktop when overclocking. I don't know if it is the card (since i can't overclock any 7850 anymore without crashing) or if the drivers are the issue. It's sad because games never caused Issues with my overclocking.

3. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    OK i'm seriously confused. :3eyes:

I thought AMD/ATI switched to quarterly releases but these new drivers have the old numbering scheme. So did AMD reverse itself and are now doing monthly releases?

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no, they just stopped monthly WHQL releases.

They will have many beta releases with the same numbering scheme as beofre, just no WHQL until they feel the betas are solid enough...

Legacy products (HD4000 and older) have moved to quarterly releases

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    The legacy drivers for the HD2000-HD4000 were meant to have a quarterly release

The normal drivers have no set dates. They will still be numbered after the months they are released in, just like it was before.
    It seems that the Beta drivers are monthly though

6. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    Ok..Did they fix the HDMI disable thing in this whql or not.......it is fixed in the 12.6 beta...I dont want to touch it if it doesnt contain that fix.

7. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    I know..the hdmi thing has been messing with me since 12.3 I hate it. I am not loading the whqls until i get confirmation that it is fixed. Its fixed in the 12.6 beta. I may just stay with that.

8. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    It seems fixed I have restarted my computer multiple times and my tv still shows up in the selection.

9. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    I loaded them. They are the same drivers. It'll probably be fine. Thanx man. Its just that this hdmi bug is and was a pain in the @$$ forever.

10. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Well here is a little comparision 12.4 vs 12.6 http://3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/3763578/3dm11/3632130
    defiantly a improvement there.
    I still want to see how much faster the 12.7 betas are though since AMD is saying they are quite a bit faster than the 12.4 just not sure how much quicker they are compared to these.

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    does it at stock clocks,eitherway cpu doesnt go above 40-45c even @4.6ghz and gpu 62c @stock,have no issues oc`ing with 12.4

12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I'd like to see some sites doing driver performance tests on the HD5000 and HD6000 series as well, and not only the HD7000 series.

AMD said that by moving the HD2000-HD4000 to legacy, they would be able to focus on improving their DX11 GPUs. Would be interesting to see if the HD5000/6000 actually are getting improved as well.

13. egounix

egounix Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 CFX 3GB
    any bsod with flash /gsod/ or striped gray white screen with this release?

14. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Well new audio bug WMP doesn't work over HDMI even though they said they fixed it.

15. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Does "7600M Series" include 7650M, because 7670 and other are listed separately?

16. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    no, now it's TDRs.

BTW. To sort that issue out. Could any of you guys with a HD7XXX please do a burn-in Test with sisoft sandra?

Go to Tools -> Burn-In -> uncheck all tests but Bandwidth GP (GPU/CPU/APU).

I can't finish that test with 12.4 - sisoft crashs. With 12.6 i get a TDR(screen gets black for a short moment).
    If your screen freezes wait for a while and check if your HDD still runs it's not crashed.

I guess we can solve it that way to see if it has anything to do with the Drivers itself.

17. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    So ATI decided to not support newer drivers for 4800s and below? What is this?!? Marketing tactic to force people to buy their newer cards to have access to the latest Catalyst drivers? Just another reason for me to buy an Nvidia card the next time when my current 4870 dies. Have owned this card for about three years w/o hardware issues.

18. RonyS

RonyS Banned

GPU:
    hd5870+9800gt for physx
    what happened to HD 5XXX SUPPORT?

OK! here is the thing i am so pissed off.. and i have only 2 words GOODBYE AMD and Wellcome Nvidia! after aloooooooong friend ship with AMD since the ATI Radeon 9550 Pro 128MB time.

Cuz Nvidia is way better it is so true! i am not a fan of none but really! driver support from AMD it is not a good move at all!

19. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    ............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Ok, AMD has fixed the release notes and link now. They no longer mention the HD2000-HD4000 series and you are directed to the 12.4 driver instead

It was announced already when 12.4 came. It does suck however, these cards are still decent enough, and Nvidia's DX10/10.1 cards still continue getting new features.

Nvidia's Windows 8 driver even supports their Geforce 6 series, AMD's Win8 support for their DX10/10.1 cards will only be the one that Win8 comes with