Lucid Virtu MVP testing ...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by krpetrov, Mar 9, 2012.

1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ahhh bummer...

The GPUenumerator trick no longer works with this latest version and my Z68 board obviously isn't on the licensed list :(

2. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    Well I confirmed that Virtu MVP Virtual Vsync + Regular Vsync = silky smooth gameplay with no tearing or mouse lag. Awesome.

A problem I ran into though is the software is not activated on my wife's Windows login. Whenever I try to enable Virtu MVP under her login, it gives an error "not implemented". In the Virtu MVP control panel under the "About" tab it has an option for "Manual Activation" which after I click it prompts me for a license key. I don't have a key, and this "Manual Activation" button doesn't show up at all in the control panel when I'm logged in under my own name. My wife's Windows user has full admin rights.

I have sent in an email to both Lucid and Gigabyte about this. I just can't understand why they would limit the software to be functional for only one Windows user on the same PC. I have Googled about this, and apparently nobody else has had this problem. I guess I'm the first person to ever try using Virtu MVP with two different Windows users?

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  4. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    Excellent! The multiple Windows user issue must have an "internal bug" that was fixed. Now the software is activated and works fine under my wife's login. :)

5. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    guys im runing a Gene 5 Z77 and 3570K and SLI of GTX680 why just lucid dont work for me, just make BF3 goes horrible slow and flicker and 3DM11 crashes, i installed all correctly and can activate and deactivate lucid perfect

am i doing wrong or maybe its the raid0 (says on manual not recomended on raid)

6. Symbiosis

Symbiosis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I'm afraid that Lucid Virtu MVP is not compatible with SLI and Crossfire setup's which is why you are having issues. According to Lucid this is something that they are not even bothering to address in the foreseeable future.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Or maybe you didnt select install for all users?

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Makes sense.

You are talking about a tiny percent of an already small percentage of users.

9. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thanks for the reply mate so i just uninstall it ?

10. Symbiosis

Symbiosis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Yes you may as well uninstall the software (I have), it wont even work if you deactivate one of your cards....you have to physically take one card out.

11. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    Didn't mean to post, going to post in another thread.

12. blufonci

blufonci Guest

GPU:
    sapphire hd6870 crossfire
    so i have msi z77a-gd65, i5 3570k, hd6870 crossfire...
    latest drivers, win7 pro 64, lucid installed and configured in bios to use d-mode, primary gpu as external, dual monitor enabled.

monitor is connected at first external gpu just as without virtu.
    windows works well but when i start bf3 i get black screen, after ctrl-alt-del task manager game crashes. then i connect monitor to igpu and start the game again and it works ok. but when monitor is connected to igpu i cant use ccc so i used gpu-z to monitor gpu activity.

one card takes all the load and works at full speed while other one takes about 10-15% load and works 300MHz core gpu but 1050MHz mem.

considering only one gpu being utilized i'm confused with fps shown ingame. its almost as with crossfire enabled without virtu. although minimum fps was about 70 and that was not the case with crossfire, average was about 140 while maximum was 200 briefly, this was while playing metro multiplayer with graphic settings at high textures ultra 1280x1024.

also thing to notice was better mouse feedback, sharper gameplay as far as i can say,
    thing that bother me is why i have to connect monitor to igpu for game to work?

just wanted to share my experience about virtu,

regards

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    From post #106

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Without Virtu MVP I get awful frame lag in Diablo III, even while at 60fps, with Virtu MVP my game is smooth, apart from the drops to 55 and back, which I think has something to do with the way new objects are loaded on Blizzard's end.

15. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    Guys, i have a question. Those who say that lucid MVP is perfect and all, are you guys using Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge Systems? With my Sandy Bridge System, i tested a truck load of games, and Virtual Vsync / Hyperformance is just plain bad?

I Mean, only one game got really smooth and without any lag with Hyperformance + Virtual Vsync: Sonic Generations.

I Tested a truckload of other games like With Hyperformance On and Off, Virtual Vsync On and Off, and both On. See here the results of my experience:

Sonic Generations:
    Perfect With Hyperformance On + VVSync On.
    Tomb Raider Underworld: Got really smooth mouse movement, but the gameplay was jerky (I could notice that the frames were not being sent in sync to the screen, it was like playing under 60 FPS....)
    Track Mania: Same thing as Tomb Raider.
    Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning: Same Thing as Tomb Raider
    Batman Arkham City: Same Thing as Tomb Raider
    Deus Ex - Human Revolution: This one Refuses to work. It always says "Invalid Direct 3D Configuration"
    Borderlands: Can not start. I see the exe in the Task Manager, but thats all.
    Batman Arkam City: Same thing as Borderland.

I Also Seem unable to redirect my Discrete card to Photoshop. Photoshop detects the card, but when i start a new document, Photoshop just sits there, and does not open anything?

I'm using the latest drivers for AMD + iGPU HD3000, and also the latest Virtu Software (114 one, released on 17 Jun).

Any ideas why im seeing this super strange results? Here is my detailed system:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    i7 2600K Stock (I have an overclock profile for when needed)
    Asrock Z77 Extreme6
    HD5870 1GB
    Gskill DDR3 1600 Mhz 4GBRM CL7
    Corsair AX 850W
    CM690 Advanced II

Thank you for the help in advance.

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It has stability problems in a lot of games with VSYNC.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Virtu doesn't support drivers released after it was. If you're using the 12.7 beta drivers, the current version of Virtu doesn't support them. You would have to use 12.6 or older. And as Chillin said.....Virtu has some stability issues with a lot of games... I could never get it working at all in i-Mode (iGPU as primary)

18. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    I'm actually using 12.6 Drivers, i dont really use BETAS much. I even downgraded my intel drivers to my CD ones, but still the same. So, it looks like the only game i can play correctly with Lucid MVP is Sonic Generations :/ Oh well, at least it's not that bad: If i connect 1 screen to my onboard, and one screen to my HD5870, my HD5870 can now go to it's lowest idle state, getting really really cold :)

19. krpetrov

krpetrov Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 at 1135/6000
    Did you find any way to start the last version of MVP on Z68?

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    New version out, 2.1.115:

http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-mvp.shtml