Smooth Video Project - Frame Interpolation

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Chillin, May 19, 2012.

1. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
  2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Try and fool around with the "search radius", "wide search" and "motion vectors grid settings" and see if anything change.

Remember, you can set up several presets. e.g., - One for anime, one for 720p, one for 1080p, etc.

3. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    Thanks for the information. does that program run at startup or starts when a video player is opened? also, any startup background services/process?

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    it sits in the system tray and auto-loads with media player classic when you open a file with it. I have it on my bedroom HTPC (which has an older non-120Hz TV vs. my living room) so this comes to an advantage to give that "smoothness" on my older TV. Runs through XBMC like a charm.

I just don't use this on my living room HTPC as my other equipment does this for me already.

5. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    When using this i have an odd feeling that I'm watching some grade b/c movies.
    I guess my mind is used to sub 25 fps. The only movie that felt "normal" was Avatar.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. chainik

chainik Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 5670
    Hi all, I'm one of SVP developers. It's a bit confusing having two topics here but the one in "NVIDIA Drivers" gets a lot more people :)

It'll pass few movies later. Use SVP for a week and you won't watch ordinary 24 fps again :D
    Even in a theater. Especially in a theater.

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hello Chainik,

First of all, thank you for your great software and support of it.

As for threads, this is the main one that you should post updates, etc; but feel free to address the second thread as well.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  8. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Well I'm re posting again if this is the more "official thread"

I don't watch 1080p movies but tried a few samples and they were all pushing the cpu load to 100per and it wasn't watchable with SVP of course :/

Is this the most my core i3 2100 can do or there's a work around ?

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Is GPU acceleration enabled?

10. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Yes I'm using madvr as the video render. Followed the maken 1's guide.

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No, in the SVP control panel (right click on the icon in the toolbar) there is an option for "GPU Acceleration (Open CL)", is that checked? Also, is LAV filter set on DVXA2?

12. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Yes open cl is enabled and I've selected nvidia cuvid in h.264 settings.

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nvidia CUVID... I could have sworn I saw your specs with an AMD 5760. No matter.

What's the bitrate on the files you are playing? Also, you can lower certain options in the SVP manager panel (double click on icon), I'll let Chainik list what's best.

14. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Yes I just updated my profile had a 6850 listed previously. Anyways thanks! Will wait for his reply.

15. chainik

chainik Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 5670
    How it works.
    There're 5 predefined profiles sets for different hardware power:
    1 - tested for two Phenom II cores at 1.5 GHz
    2 - three cores at 2.0
    3 - four cores at 2.8
    4 - six cores at 3.0
    5 - above

At installation time we run quick performance test (that's why it freezes for a second on license page) and select one of 5 sets.

The test is not very accurate (+-10%) and Core i3-2100 is on the border between 2nd and 3rd sets so may be it installed 3rd set for you, which is too hard in FHD.

You can run "Reset profiles" from start menu (as administrator) and type '2', 'g', which means "reset profiles to 2nd set with GPU support".

Or just adjust 3rd set's settings to match you hardware ;)
    change "motion vectors precision" to "one pixel" or even "two pixels" for example

And may be it's a madVR that slows down your system. Try switch to EVR first.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012

16. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Aah I didn't notice the profile reset exe in the main folder. It listed core i3 2120 as 3 which is just 100mhz or so faster then my processor and selected gpu.

Even 8k bitrate videos are now a breeze. Thanks.

17. chainik

chainik Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 5670
    thug_angel
    SVP should work on any hw above c2d 2000 so it's my duty to find out what's wrong with your rig ;)
    What is CPU load with SVP disabled?

18. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Wait I just tried 10bit 1080p samples and its still lagging although normal 8bit ones work great which weren't working before the profile thingy.

With svp disabled on the 8bit one my usage barely goes above 15per with svp disabled and with 10bit its more then double. Varies quite a bit goes above 35per and stays under 40.

19. chainik

chainik Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 5670
    10bit decoding is software only today so in your case you need to lower some SVP settings down by yourself.

20. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Thanks! your software made a couple of my videos which looked laggy not lag now :)