AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.1 June 25) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Ah, interesting, and thank you.
    One person however, a few posts above, said that he had the crashes/GSOD problems, just using the CCC to overclock (mildly), not even Trixx at all, although he didn't say if the problems happened with the card purely at stock speeds....

The real way to test whether it's just a trixx problem, or the 2D voltages getting used (as i suspected) when the card needs 3D speeds, is to use the /XCL switch in Afterburner to extend the CCC clocks and just use the CCC to overclock (or heck--just use the CCC without Trixx or AB, and see if you can reproduce the problem).

Have you tried reproducing the crashes, *Just* using the CCC ?

If the problem CAN be reproduced just using the CCC, then Spyre might want to hear about it, so the issue can be fixed. Could be an "Oops" driver bug, or related to changes for the ghz editions...

2. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Can't reproduce it with scrolling/moving. However it seems to go into 3d Mode SOMETIMES. If that's the reason then it sucks. It means i can't overclock my card anymore. Which is pretty bad compared to my clock right now.
    No i don't use any OC-Software right now. But i also have this issue with the Powercolor HD7850 PCS+ (which is overclocked by stock) if this means something.
    Btw Trixx doesn't use 2d-Voltage at all. It uses *fixed* 3D Voltage even for 2D Mode. And it also crashed (with cat 12.8) when overclocking with Trixx.

I had this issue on 3 different HD7850. First one was a Sapphire which i had to RMA because of a noisy/broken fan, second one is the Powercolor of my brother. And third one is my new Sapphire HD 7850 but the Problem with the Betadrivers is still there. Never had this issue with 12.3 or 12.4.

In another forum a guy told me that using a "fix CPU-Vcore" fixed the Issue for him but i don't want to try that yet..

Sorry for my bad english i hope you'll understand me anyway ;D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    deleted by op

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive still got zero problems with these, still on my normal OC through the Overdrive, so great drivers for me, all i got with the 12.6's, was random coloured screens with vertical stripes down them, and 100% fan, so had to hard reset, and with the earlier 12.7's, i got a security alert upon install, and i had to re-do all my settings, as they had all gone back to defaults, also got a black screen crash with 100% fan.

5. Erizo

Erizo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB
    Silly question, is that still your PSU? I don't think it can handle that card o_O

6. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I appreciate this information as it's pretty much the same issues I had with those two drivers. Looks like I'll give these a try then.

Cheers!

7. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    I got a "be quiet 580W" now. But even a 300W PSU would be enough for that.

8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I get hard freezes whenever I open TRIXX, HWiNFO64, or GPU-Z a second time after exiting a game or 3d app.

I can initially open any of the three and close them with no problems. It is after that initial opening when I run gpu-z's render test or start a game and exit I run into problems. If I try to open TRIXX or HWiNFO64 or GPU-Z again I get the hard freeze within in seconds. They don't even get opened before the freeze.

In my case this started with all the drivers after 8.97-120418a (12.5 beta).

Back to 12.5's.

9. roflmaogcb

roflmaogcb Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 OC
    does anyone know if this fix the xsplit problem ?

(for those who don't know, xsplit doesn't work for all the people running a HD 7xxx since at least a couple of months, and AMD promised a fix.)

Pretty important issue since everybody buying out a new computer in order to stream (like me) just can't.

thx in advance !

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I was just going to stick with the 12.5 betas (April 18th), but thought what the hell, i can always roll back if i get any probs with these (which i was expecting after the earlier 12.7's and the 12.6's), and they are fine so far, so they are worth a try :)

11. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT720
    I have try this driver on HD4650... the installation it's ok.. but at the restart no driver it's been installed and windows continue to use standard VGA driver.

What's the the latest driver i can reinstall for my HD4650 ??

From AMD site it's been suggested BETA 12.6 but i have try and same result..... help.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The 12.4's were the last set for the 4 series as far as i know.

13. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I can't vouch for his brand of PSU but my 460W unit never uses more than half capacity in anything but stress tests. 160-180W from the socket while gaming is normal.

And I reckon a 6950 draws more than a 7850. Ditto for 2600K vs. 2500K.

14. Natalia

Natalia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1080 Ti SLi
    Videos on YouTube are just showing up as green to me :-\

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea driver would be nice if it didn't black screen on me when ever my card is overclocked. Prior 12.6 may 22 betas Didn't do this to me. So in up going back to them.

Sure If I got my card and didn't planned to be overclocked. Then I would keep it installed.

16. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    Driver is 12.6 and a half

Well my TDU is working fine with no abnormalities.

QQ Dancer? WTF AMD? Did anyone actually buy a game called that? Please AMD do better....
    Still getting flickers in 2D mode with VGA cable. Digital HDMI is fine.

...and it's not 12.6 or 12.7!
    /lol_troll

17. Drinker

Drinker Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD7950
    Similar experience here as well:

12.5 I got BSODs referencing atikmpag.sys

12.6 No More BSODs - but I got the random colored screens with vertical lines

12.7 (previous release) 4 days with no hard resets needed - now I am getting screen freezing but only in 2 games.

It seems to freeze randomly, but more often when playing a game like WOW or Diablo3, and having firefox playing pandora at the same time. Sometimes with just the game with firefox closed, but less frequent. When it happens the keyboard and mouse both lock up as well. If I hit Num lock or caps lock the keyboard is non-responsive, and the mouse light turns off. Still have to hard reset.

I have tried everything I could possibly think of outside of the drivers - updated BIOS, chipsets, sata controller driver, ssd firmware, moving and replacing ram, nothing makes a difference except the AMD Drivers, which seem to have an impact but are still not quite right. It is improving for me with each release though.

Also... My wife leaves Pandora playing 8 - 10 hours a day with not one problem to date. If i launch wow or d3 then it will freeze within 45 minutes.

Going to try these and see if it is fixed yet

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  18. Drinker

Drinker Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD7950
    Right click the video screen -> uncheck/disabled hardware acceleration

That worked for me.

19. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Seriously AMD? Skyrim problems, Max Payne problems, F1 2011 problems, etc, and you fix this crap? LMAO

20. egounix

egounix Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 CFX 3GB
    fix QQ Dancer for Perfect Combo! nice work AMD!!! perfect :asd: