Help with graphics card

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Boozie, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Boozie

Boozie Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH 5750 Formula x2
    Can someone please help me, i think i need to upgrade my graphics card (tell me if i dont) and need help deciding which one for my set up...

I was thinking about the overclocked (as im not skilled enough to do it myself) powercooler 7850 being 1000mhz (i only look at specs etc cause thats all i can see if u know what i mean/dont know much just like to game and doesnt o'cing risk frying your system?) but ive heard of heating problems with it etc, i dont want to spend a fortune (around $300 or so) just something that will keep me happy on a 1900x1020 display

I don't use crossfire with my cards cause i feel it doesnt help at all and have always regretted the second card, have heard crossfire is better with newer cards, is that right?

Thanks dudes!!

2. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    long story short, unless your gaming experience is really suffering, I would hold on to that x-fire setup another year or so.
    My 2 cents.

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    i had 2 x 5870 cf`d and they performed really perhaps trying different drivers will sort thing,i recently ran 2 x 4890s and cf worked prety much with every game i have,i found best results with cat 12.2 and 12.4

4. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Yes,go for the 7850. O'cing is at own risk but safe if you do not go to extremes. Crossfire scaling is better with the newer cards but better xfire game support is still an AMD work in process.

5. Boozie

Boozie Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH 5750 Formula x2
    ok thanks maybe ill just keep going, i just thought with games like gran theft auto, metal gear solid, resident evil 6, tomb raider coming out that it may be worth it....?

cf i get flickering and when i bench mark it with f1 2011 i get less fps

6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Check out Hilbert verdict on his 5750 review. Good for monitor resolutions up to 1600 X 1200, that was 2+ years ago. New game are more demanding today. Compare the performance of a 5750 to that of a new 7850 clocked at 1000 mhz. Do yourself a favor and leave the flickering and negative scaling behind with a single card.
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5750-review-crossfirex/24
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/his-radeon-hd-7850-iceqx-turbox-review/22

7. Boozie

Boozie Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH 5750 Formula x2
    thanks icanium i really appreciate you putting your time in to post those articles, was thinking of leaving things like was said but now u got me thinkin lol are these cards gonna be worth it in a couple of years? Should i hold out a year or whatever for that 'next big thing in the technology' like direct x 12? I play f1 alot and the settings cant be pushed up too much at all really