Sapphire Radeon 6970 2GB (Artifacts and driver crash)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tahirahmed, Jun 24, 2012.

1. tahirahmed

tahirahmed Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB
    Hello guys,

I am having some trouble with my Sapphire Radeon 6970 2GB. I started facing this from few days and the card is fairly new (bought like 4 months ago). The problem is when card temperature reaches like 80+ during gaming it shows pink box like artifacts on whole screen and my PC stop responding for few seconds then after like 3 - 4 seconds the game gets minimized and I see a message that "AMD Driver has stopped working and has recovered".

It works fine with every game and movie playback. But during intensive gaming (specially games that makes the card hot) usually cause this issue. I am worried about it because I didn't encountered this issue before only from few days, maybe the weather was pleasant few months ago and now it's very hot I don't know but I didn't faced this issue before.

I also haven't overclocked/overvoltaged the card, it is running on default settings and my powersupply is also good OCZ GameXtreme 850 watts (SLI Ready).

Changing the fan speed using Sapphire Trixx tends to solve the issue but I don't know why it is occurring in the first place ? Is this normal or something happening to my card ?

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    what drivers are u using,ive tried the latest betas and get coruption in arma2 and game crashes in many games...best drivers for me atm are 12.4`s

3. tahirahmed

tahirahmed Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB
    I have updated to catalyst 12.4 from Sapphire website (released in April) I have updated after having this problem to check whether it's driver issue or something else but this happened on previous drivers as well

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Could you check GPU temp #1-3 with GPU-Z?