NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've seen other people mention this issue for World of Warcraft though they fixed it by disabling the Hardware Mouse option I believe.

There is an option to hide the mouse when typing I think in the Mouse Control Panel but generally I prefer the mouse to be hidden when not in use in games and benchmarks. What annoys me is when I'm playing a game with a controller and the mouse pointer is still visible slap bang in the middle of the screen! Maybe NVIDIA added something to the driver to intentionally hide the mouse when it isn't being used?

2. feared

feared Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770
    The mouse bug where the cursor disappears is definitely present in WoW as it's one of the main games I play. I've enabled and disabled hardware cursor also and if I disable hardware cursor it works like it should but it's sluggish as all hell. Mouse hiding while typing isn't checked in my control panel either. Even reinstalled mouse drivers, uninstalled keyboard drivers and fiddled with firmware on my mouse as well thinking I did something. Back to 301.42 where the issue just isn't there.

I googled "Nvidia 304.48 mouse bug" and theres a few topics that sprouted up.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I had to remove this driver. Just got a second 670 and I get flickering in BF3. Stuff in the background of mountains and bushes.

4. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    yup, SLI is for the birds. Cant tell you how many times I went SLI and ended up being back to a single GPU. Crossfire too. its just not worth the hassle.

I've learned my lesson... single fastest GPUs for me from now on.

5. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    6900xt Red D Ultim
    Back to 302.59 ...in no way i'd install these drivers making a simple clean installation but only forcing them with manual mode.

I didn't try to solve rebooting when asked to shut down...too

Never happened something to similar

6. JohnDoeGamer

JohnDoeGamer Member

GPU:
    3080ti
    Have EVGA 670 FTW.

Did a clean install over 301.42 to this beta.

Nvidia control panel SYSTEM INFORMATION still reads 301.42 driver.

ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS shows NVIDIA 304.48 driver installed. Im confused. Did the system information get borked? How do I know now what version I am using. Can someone check their 304.48 sys info line?

Im on Win764

EDIT: I see in the COMPONENTS TAB under the driver control panel, that 304.48 is fully installed but the DISPLAY TAB still indicates 301.42. Hmmm.

7. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    GTX680 SLI 16csaa DX11 run perfectly well. Try your setting and still working. :banana:

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Ah, OK, thanks. Looks like the issue is with my PC then rather than the drivers. Appreciate you trying it.

Will try increasing the voltages for my CPU overclock to see if it's that which is causing the freezes and I'll also try my GTX 680s at stock clocks in case the core/memory offsets I'm using are unstable with these drivers. There's also a new version of Afterburner as well on the off-chance it was that which caused it (unlikely I know).

It's very annoying to have one benchmark cause this issue - Heaven 3.0 DX11 on maxed settings is surely pushing my PC harder and that was fine. I also ran that DX11 Unreal Engine 3 demo this morning on maxed settings with high PhysX with issues. And all the other games have been fine too.

Most puzzling. :3eyes:

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    This set of driver is just excellent for me, better than the 302.80/81q.

Just that when watching avatar.mkv it stutters a lot in VLC, especially when the scene comes from far away subject to a close subject and inversely.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

All those benchmarks aren't that cpu sensitive, Capcom's LostPlanet2 & Resident Evil5 are the toughest cpu benchmarks atm and Metro2033 benchmark (@ high mode, dx11, aaa)

Im still kinda leaning towards OC issue, especially ram. Maybe you need to set higher QPI? or something that's responsible for Ram/gpu communication, kinda like MCH - north bridge by LGA775.

// edit:

Check these 2 settings,

0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x

0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)

although they're bsod codes, but imo its probably what you need to tweak

http://www.overclock.net/t/940091/bsod-codes-when-ocing-must-have-info

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the info, -Tj-.

I don't get a blue screen crash though so there's no error in the event log or anything onscreen to point me to what the issue is. I'll try upping the CPU Voltage to 1.35 V (currently 1.29375 V), the CPU PLL to 1.88 V (from 1.84 V) and the QPI/DRAM Voltage to 1.35 V (from 1.30 V). Before I do that though I'll drop the CPU multiplier down from 19X to 18X for a 3.6 GHz overclock and test that on the current voltages.

I only ran those Lost Planet 2 DX11 benchmarks a couple of weeks ago though on the exact same settings I currently have so it is odd that it suddenly become unstable just for that benchmark (Test A runs fine). Kind of wish my PC had blue screened instead of frozen to be honest as that would at least give me a clue. However, I did have a system freeze when I initially tested my 3.8 GHz overclock months ago with Prime95 so it could be the CPU overclock. I never bothered testing any further as everything else, games and benchmarks, were 100% stable and I haven't had any issues or freezes in the three or so months since I set it.

Maybe these new drivers are optimised for the game and the additional performance pushes my CPU over the edge?

12. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    FXAA seems to be broken in Max Payne 3 - but Vsync is so much better at a rock solid 60 fps (tesselation on normal all others maxed 4xmsaa).

Also the cutsceens seems like they run at a weird frame rate - not sure if it was like that before the new drivers. FXAA though is definitely not producing any change

13. Nuwidol

Nuwidol Guest

GPU:
    Titan SLI
    Ran the lost planet benchmark 2 on mine & it didn't crash.

I also get the flickering bushes in BF3 in SLI but I've had that since I've had 680s so it's not this drier release. It goes away after a couple of spawns & thee aren't any bushes near any fighting areas so ive coped with it.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    If you're using ingame FXAA *and* MSAA then, yes, MSAA appears to break or override it (since MSAA on its own is very poor IMO). Just disable MSAA completely and use FXAA on Very High. It offers the best anti-aliasing IMO even if the penalty is some slight texture blurring.

15. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    This driver is good for me however I experienced strange bug (not sure how else to call it) in Fallout New Vegas. In Global Settings NVIDIA Control Panel Vsync section I chose "Let 3D application decide". But even if in the game I have Vsync OFF it still locked at 60 FPS. I had to put Vsync OFF in Control Panel New Vegas Profile. I tried other games and it works fine with Global Settings "3D application decide" except New Vegas.
    Sorry if my English is not clear.

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Well I would have had to remove this driver anyway as I could not get past many of the menu's that people have talked about that were going at 0.9fps, Deux Ex being one.

17. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    Cool I'll give that a try. And I agree msaa does not do a good job in MP 3

18. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    KEEPERS KEEPERS they solved a lot of problems for me

great job NVIDIA !!!

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you tell me if you verified this worked with previous drivers and if so, which driver?

20. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid
    From what I remember the vsync setting in the game menu doesn't work, you need to edit one of the ini files manually.

The geforce.com tweak guide explains how to set it:
    http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/new-vegas-tweak-guide/#5