Diablo III - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Six of my RL friends who played this and myself all quit the game and agreed we wouldn't bother play again until they fix this catastrophe. We thought 1.03 would fix a few things and slowly set the game on the right path, I figured in about 6 months this alpha would reach a beta-like state, I was mistaken.

There are hot-"fixes" left and right nerfing anything that could possibly fun preventing any type of run aside from their intended boss runs (also nerfed) along with constant character nerfs most people don't even know of because these things are not listed in the hot-fix notes. 1.03 was a promise of a better game and less "lulz you got 1 hit killed for 200K damage even with 90% damage mitigation" monsters, but it seems what happened in reality is they just buffed all monsters, reduced drops even further, nerfed items and nerfed all characters. Getting hit for 200K with 90% damage reduction (armor/res/passive/direct reduction) means some things randomly hit for 2 million, broken much?

Guess none of us will be returning to the game. Oh well, all but one of us got some of our money back by selling items on the RMAH, I only got $30 back (out of $113) but one of us made at least $350.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    time will show. balancing such a game isn't easy. it's all good saying they should have nerfed it by 25% but what if that wasn't enough? Look, they assumed that nerfing it by 50% on most items will bring it down to the level of other stats. which is only fair.

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I said this twice before, but I'll say it again. My issue with IAS nerf was never about balancing!

It slows down the pacing of the game as your character now has longer cast time on everything and that just makes it a borefest (not harder because monster dmg was nerfed too). Again, nothing to do with balancing because I agree that IAS was too good compared to other stats, or I should say other stats were no where near as good as IAS since it's not the IAS that needed heavy nerfing.

It's not about fairness, it's about entertainment and right now with 50% nerf game is boring.

4. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    I totally agree with Gaizo diablo 3 was already too slow for an arpg.

5. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Ha, apparently it costs 79g to repair per broken barrel, so breaking stuff is actually a net loss since they no longer drop items and very rarely drop gold. Also, it seems mele are spending 100k/hour in repairs WITHOUT even dying.

6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    50% nerf is too much, especially for monks. Time for a re-roll for me, imo monks are vitually rendered useless after all the nerfs that has been happening.

Just fought an elite pack with extra health, never been so bored..

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I just tried the new patch and yeah it seems way slower, okay so I am using a totally different set up prior to what I had before but I just replayed through Act 4 Hell and instead of always being overwhelmed I was able to actually have a think about what moves I was doing. Put it this way, prior to the update I had used the same set up more or less for my character so most of the moves where reactionary rather than considered but despite having totally changed my character set up I still had time to think about what to do next.

Oh and the game is still a laggy piece of arse.

8. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    [​IMG]

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea... i'm kinda wishing i had skipped on D3 and just kept playing Tera. Subscription-based... but seems to have put a better spin on the Action-RPG genre, making you actually able to DODGE attacks, rather than rely on a certain stat to increase your chance of dodging.

10. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Im on act 2 normal with a demon hunter and played last night - like a hot knife through butter but today after the patch, shiet just got real.... harder :)

11. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Hey guys is the game harder after the patch?

One more thing and this really ****ing sucks!

My character's weapon a fist weapon used to have 1.67 attacks has now been reduced to 1.47. My 10k damage is now around 8k+

Did any of you guys have your weapon damages reduced?

WTF is this shyt?

12. lebrine

lebrine Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 680 gtx
    I've just uninstalled, as a monk I was struggling in act 2 inferno. Getting gear is a nightmare. Now with patch 1.03, its even more of a struggle and my repair bill is through the roof o.o

13. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Seriously i think only shooting characters have a bigger chance of making it.

First time i come to play with the new patch and some dude is bitching at another player for not being good enough to play inferno. I'm sure he was good before but just didn't know it became more difficult.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Seriously, why would they do that... you know... make the game less enjoyable? It seems to me from the comments I've read about the v1.03 patch that Blizzard have intentionally set out to make the game less fun to play and I just cannot understand that at all. Have they nerfed the loot drops to try and force, sorry, I mean 'encourage' people to use the Auction House or something? :3eyes:

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    They still havn't balanced out WoW since it came out, and it never will :p

Diablo 3 wont be any different.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Onwards
    Yes, attack speed has been reduced so you lose dps, it was announced weeks ago.

This patch was supposed to make inferno 2-4 easier, maybe they made last 2 acts of hell harder so the jump from hell to inferno isn't that dramatic? Then lowered the difficulty of acts 2-4 inferno?

You people complaining that the game is harder... Are you playing acts 2 onwards on inferno? somehow i don't think you are.

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Everyone hating the game and Eclap still defending it. ;)

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, millions are playing it, it's not fair to say everyone is hating it. And i was only asking a specific question about the change in difficulty. And yes, i love the game.

And why do you keep popping up? You stopped playing and all you do is come here to tell people to go play different games? Nice

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    It's entertainment for the rest of us.
    Y'know, the millions of others who don't play D3, just because it's also not fair to say everyone is loving it.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I didn't say everyone is loving it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.