NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That issue annoys me as SLI is disabled anyway so the game runs on one card yet I cannot enable GPU encoding even though I could when I had a single GTX 680. Such a silly/stupid issue really. Wouldn't be so bad if you could manually force it but you can't.

I read somewhere that it was disabled because it's not possible to assign the transcoding to a specific GPU. But if SLI disables the second GPU then how can the game use anything other than GPU1 anyway? :3eyes:

2. Coolit

Coolit Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX OC
    I tried these drivers out earlier but unfortunately there seems to be a problem with WOW, even at the login screen there is a massive shudder making them unusable if you play Warcraft. By shudder I mean the animation in the background starts, then stops, and continues that pattern.

Re-installed after using driver sweeper for a second time but still a no go. Other games I tried were fine.

Rolled back to 301.42 until they fix the bug.

Win 7 64Bit version, 680GTX.

3. Windego

Windego New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC
    Hmm no such problems with WoW here, played about 7 hours with these drivers last night. I did have WoW crash once, but no mention of anything other than application problem. Are you using 64bit WoW?

4. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    mouse flickering in EVE now, rolling back even though they fixed my Fraps issue.

5. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
  6. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I don't play on "Max" settings but I can run Crysis and Skyrim in 1680X1050 @ over 30fps on my 330M. I've obviously tweaked the shadows and shaders in both games and I'm using process lasso/ game booster and some other mods to get to this FPS- but there ya go.

As for these drivers...WOW, massive improvements in Diablo 3. It's like a new game! I'm running it in 1920X1080 with a consistent 30-40 FPS and 90% of the stuttering is gone! Most of the performance hiccups I was experiencing have completely disappeared! <3 Nvidia

7. Coolit

Coolit Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX OC
    No its the default 32bit client, I do have the DX11 API enabled so I'm wondering if it's that in conjunction with a 680.

Thanks for the heads up, I've posted all the info in the thread you linked :)

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just load up both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the Missing Link DLC (1920x1200, DX11, maxed settings incl. Tessellation and Soft Shadows, FXAA) and sat through its million loading screens in their entirety: the game runs at 60 fps throughout apart from small dips during the loading screens. In-game it's 60 fps, as it was before with the other R300 drivers, so I didn't see the 1 fps behaviour that other people have reported....

... thankfully! :D

9. inco9nito

inco9nito Guest

GPU:
    GTX460 ECS 768MB
    i dont get low 2d mode. I just chage for max performance with this 304.48 :)

http://img.techpowerup.org/120619/nvidia_20120619_132813.png

10. Nuwidol

Nuwidol Guest

GPU:
    Titan SLI
    Yea good point. I'll try it when I get home.

I also noticed a little positive effect these drivers have. I've been messing with the cards to see how much I can squeeze out of them & running through Heaven 3.0 to test them out as it seems to stress them very well & will crash if they've been pushed too much. On any previous driver release when it crashes I'd have to hard reset but with these drivers I get a CTD & a D3D11 error & I'm good to go again :)

11. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    civ v(dx11.exe) doesnt start with this driver, no probs @dx9.. backed to 301.42

12. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    For the TERA Players out there, no i don't have a fix but i don't think thats a issue with the GTX 680 here.

Cause i just put in my Emergency Card Msi TF II GTX 560Ti @ 950/2200 and get the exact same fps as with my GTX 680 and yeah i tried the 304.48, 285.62 and 296.10 drivers so it's a issue with the Game (UI) itself.

13. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    also getting the 1 fps on loading screens for Deus Ex: Human Revolution :(

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Same here

[​IMG]

It Appears DX9 is not messed up though

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  15. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I went back to using the quadro latest drivers. sticking with quadro forever , like i always did anyway. Quadros are the best.

16. gloves085

gloves085 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    Confirmed crash

Got the game to start, but got a crash 2 turns in on dx11.exe

17. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    yeah dx9 and dx11 windowed seem to work ok

18. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    I'm having the same problem with Deus Ex: Human Revolution as everyone else. Should of came here first instead of reinstalling it on Steam.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't get that at all and I'm using DX11.

Do you have any third-party codecs or anything installed, e.g. K-Lite Codec Pack, that could cause that kind of thing as I don't use them myself?

@ Drewho - I see 60 fps throughout all the loading screens under DX11. I haven't tested DX9 but I doubt it would be any different.

20. Nuwidol

Nuwidol Guest

GPU:
    Titan SLI
    Just tried Deus Ex again with vsync. Still fine for me...