AMD Catalyst 12.x (9.00 June 12) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Jun 13, 2012.

1. walker2012

walker2012 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 680
    does it do that automatically or is that a second step to the install?

2. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    so wrong...

3. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Just installed these drivers and had horrible screen flickering,
    turned off the option 'alternate dvi mode' and it fixed it.

So far better than the 12.6 beta from May.:banana:

4. zandathrax

zandathrax Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG STRIX 4090
    +1

Crossfire 6870 Crash on loading map. Back 12.3

5. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Are more recent this CAP profiles that brings the 12.6 beta June 12, that the CAP 12.6 Beta 1 ?

6. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Same here. I get the system hang + hard reset when opening gpu-z, plus TRIXX and HWiNFO64, after running any game or 3d program (including the gpu-z render test). Been that way with all three 12.6 beta releases.

Back to 12.5 beta.

7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Windows 8 Experience Index is fixed here. Tried Witcher 2, not bad, not bad.
    3DMarks runs like crap on W8, so don't try them on this OS :nerd:
    Still no issues :banana:

8. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I get this on BFBC2 with Afterburner's monitoring & fps limiter on. The only way to cap the fps without problems was with Dxtory.

9. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

You really did not understand what I said. If he ends the driver leaks due to lack of respect every amd user who likes to have new drivers are affected. That's why it's not only a problem between marthand and guru3d. And now we have our worst case. Guru3d blacklisted his file sharing page, now it's finally over. :bang:

No more driver leaks in the future he told me, have a look to the start post. I told him that he should post his drivers in a different forum instead of a full leak stop, many AMD users would appreciate it surely, unfortunately it seems he isn't planning to do this. Thanks Hilbert and guru3d!

10. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    These drivers have been great for me so far... Granted I've only been playing BF3 and DayZ mod. Occasional web browser flickering is gone.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Weird these drivers don't work at all. well first for me :D every game starts flickering kinda after some 5 seconds. everything is fine with all earlier drivers tho

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  12. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    At least these drivers don't negatively affect me as far as I can tell. I am not one to run benchmarks as I feel they are artificial. As long as there are no visual anomolies I am happy with them.

I still would like to know what the Wireless Display option I have is used for. My mobo has wifi connectivity which I imagine is why I was offered this option when I installed these CATS. I suppose it's used mainly by notebooks, laptops as they all have wireless while desktops usually don't.

13. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Oh well, who wants to DL drivers at 25kb/sec anyways? :download:

I can't say I care if the guy is that touchy about it, he should probably take a break.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Greed ....

Marthand bas been using you guys for his own financial benefits.

He forcefully pointed the file downloads towards deposit file downloads as per 1000 downloads he'd receive a couple of dollars. So there was no reason for him to bring you guys a download 'just because it it serves a higher puprpose', it was merely about him making money of the drivers.

I have PMed the guy two days ago and not once (ever) he took the liberty of mailing/messaging me back to seek a solution or compromise. Could Marthand have lived with both his deposit files (with ads/popdowns/slow downloads) linkage and a Guru3D.com link with fast free downloads then I could have accepted that. But forcefully pointing my readerbase towards Deposit files so he can make money off of it just felt wrong.

I blocked deposit files downloads yesterday as I found out that marthand single handely changed all Guru3D.com download links (from the past few months) with a deposit files link. So example: Guru3D.com download here links all pointed towards deposit files as he had changed them secretly.

Marthand, my offer stands. Feel free to upload the files to deposit files and link to it in the threads. I have no problem you making a few bucks with it. However a Guru3D.com alternative link for our readers should be acceptable. It is a fair compromise to make because I want my reader base to have the choice where to download, not forced by you.

Let me know by PM and I'd happily lift the Deposit files censor.

15. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    you go hard H its your site and forums so everyone needs to play nice by your rules or face the Ban Hammer.. I for one appreciate the Guru3D download links so thanks alot :)

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I noticed this yesterday Hilbert, but it was 3Am and I was fighting mice in my server room (Heavy rain, fields are flooded, mice trashing local houses looking for warm/dry place to stay) so I didn't post about it him re-directing all the links, thanks for being on top of it.

Before I defended you and Marthand, but if he's behind changing the links from guru3d to ************ to make cash off your own website, yeah, I don't care if he manages to sneak out drivers or not, that's just damn low. I don't see him sending any of that money back to AMD staff that is actually making the drivers now do we? You know, the people actually doing the work.

EDIT: Also, I love the damn clowns who say that Hilbert "Isn't giving Marthand respect", when its Hilbert that -LET- Marthand for the time put these drives up on one of the worlds biggest videocard forums in the world, for free, and put up links that generated him money, money that Hilbert, the staff at Guru3D, or AMD saw none of

And then, not just a little greedy, but extremely greedy. Marthand secretly changing all the guru3D links to DP links, was just underhanded and just plain freaking wrong. Worst of all, is Hilbert is being demonized for doing the right thing cause Marthand does not give a freaking -CRAP- about you guys, something that's been shown because he has officially said he is going to stop leaking drivers cause he can't make money off of it, and the worst part is that Marthand's fans can't even see how they are being used by him.

In short, marthand, don't let the door hit you on the way out. We still got rflair, who is actually treating us with respect, and is actually doing this for the community, and not just to line his own pocket

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  17. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    <3

I just now registered here cause i had enough!!!... ENOUGH of reading you guys without giving you back some proper thanks!!!... for all the years of excellent and exemplary work Hilbert Hagedoorn and his team is offering us, free of charges.

Thanks

For all the frequent users who are willingly sharing their experiences and knowledge to the community! (so often I saw you helping other users with various good suggestions and advices, free of charges)

Thanks

This site is among the 'Essentials' on the internet!

We guys are a community because we share interests!

To everyone: I owe you my immense gratitude!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the beta drivers & stuff... Any sensible person wants the best of his hardware, and that indeed includes the softwares. An unnameable amount of issues has been/is attributable to faulty/bugged/code incomplete (for all the existing applications) video drivers. When the user is facing drivers issues with the official latest package, it's completely understandable to want a newer one, with all the magic fixes we need.
    Since the first day I got the latest HD7000 in last January, I have the impression of having tested beta drivers only (specially the WHQL's) from AMD. Coding quality drivers is a long process which is payed twice by the users: initial Purchase, then Patience!

It's normal to desire drivers that are newer than what's "officially offered" by this company. It's too long of a wait between real different/better driver packages and life is so short when you compare to it. We are AMD's biggest and wildest testing laboratory: WE ARE THE WORLD!

So marthan, Unwinder, Hilbert and you: Truly.... Thanks again!

18. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    these drivers are incredible in bf3. it's not that they give a boost in FPS, because I can't tell that there was a huge boost, fps seems same, maybe a few on the + side. but graphics are very responsive, smooth, yea smooth is the word I'm looking for, much smoother then before. i love it.

the only con I see right now is that this branch has got some issues in Windows, when I want to access some shortcuts in my rocket dock, the screen will flicker when I move from an icon to icon in dock. Overall I think AERO is glitched with this driver, switching to win+tab makes the screen go a bit crazy.

anyone else?

19. craig

craig Guest

GPU:
    HD7850
  20. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Looks like marthand has nothing to live on, if 25$ for 1000 downloads matter so much.