WTF Crucial Real SSD M4 256GB Price

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by ..VeNoM.., Jun 14, 2012.

1. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
  2. Stop It RAWR

Stop It RAWR Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD7850 BE
  3. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    What's caused this? I Still can't believe it. Makes me feel like I should buy another just to RAID them. However, what's the chances of them dropping further? Or the chance of them raising again?

4. Stop It RAWR

Stop It RAWR Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD7850 BE
    Well, I think with everyone and their dog making an SSD now, we've reached a point where a few major players have started to reduce their prices, and it suddenly caused a price war.

In the last few weeks, OCZ reduced their Agility 3, probably to clear stocks in favour of their new Agility 4, then Sandisk dropped their Extreme SSD prices in response. Before you could say "Oh would you look at that" Crucial dropped their M4 price, and a few weeks ago Samsung smashed pretty much everyone by reducing the 830 to Agility 3 prices despite being (at the time) supposed to compete with the Vertex 3.

I don't think prices will go down again significantly, but I don't see them going up. If you wanted to go RAID though, it's a great time for it.

5. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    I guess I best start selling some of my old gear. After spending £900 on this GPU and buying a laptop for £1000 I don't think the Mrs will give me clearence for another "ELECTRONIC" item lol ;)

6. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    I still don't regret my crucial. My friends have Vertexes 4 which if you look at specs can eat my poor m4 for breakfast, but somehow every game we play, my loading time is a lot faster than theirs.

7. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Yeah prices are quite good. I ordered a agility 3 120gb for 99€. I think it cant get much better in the near future. Maybe prices will actually go up. I´m quite excited to see what a ssd will do to my system, never had one.:banana: