Still having massive issues with Fraps and the 670...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by miffywiffy, Jun 12, 2012.

1. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgbyTbfB2A&feature=youtu.be

Going from 150FPS to 24 and it's so stuttery, even worse that the video which makes it a lot smoother, I couldn't believe I got that far round the track it was so unplayable.

It's a problem since I got the 670 which shouldn't be performing like this. I'm waiting for drivers to hopefully fix it but it's coming to the end of when I can take these cards back and get a refund or exchange for something else.

Just wondering if it's a known issue because I've tried everything and I get higher FPS when recording with a Nvidia 460 than the 670s...

I have turned SLI off as it ruins performance in so many games it's mad. Came from AMD because of their bad drivers in crossfire to have poor performance in SLI lol.

Thanx.

(Not my music, the servers)

2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    SLI is just broken in Trackmania and it seems Nadeo has no intention to fix it.

The only fix i found was using a custom SLI profile for Trackmania 2. You'll have to use Nvidia Inspector to edit the SLI Compatibility flags.

Trackmania 2: Canyon
    SLI Compatibility Bits: 0x00700045

The settings Nvidia provided cause horrible stuttering if SLI is turned on.

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    One other question does this only happen in Trackmania 2 or all games?

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Years ago I had stuttering in all my games, finally thought "hey maybe fraps has something to do with it", after 3 generations of cards and microstutters it was all gone by simply disabling fraps. (Talking like 6800GT to 8800GT era) just get rid of fraps. After my problem I read around and have come across many users with issue's while running fraps. For frames, use an in-game frame display or evga precision, for movies, use a different program. I swear against fraps after all that.

5. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I use fraps all the time with no problem. Now if you are recording that is a different story.

6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Your playing a game while FRAPS is rendering that same game in the background which uses alot of CPU/Hard Drive so expect some frame drop...Ill bet it runs Great with fraps off...

Edit:Hmm.. I wonder if a Solid State Hard Drive would speed up Fraps while Recording?....If the Game/Fraps was installed on said SSD...?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  7. gunman127

gunman127 Guest

GPU:
    980Ti 6GB 960 2GB
    It's the drive the video is writing to and the raw CPU power of the machine that matters.
    The graphics card is barely relevant IMHO to FRAPS video capture

8. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Video recording while using SLI or Crossfire ruins your performance, i made some tests and if i have crossfire on i go from 180 FPS to 50 with major stuttering , without crossfire i go from 90 to 85 without any stuttering.

9. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Problem is it's not the PC because it works just fine with other cards and my friend has the exact same issue. I assumed it was something to do with the Nvidia drivers vsync problem thing as Fraps locks your FPS to whatever you pick. I can select the SSD to record to and I get the same result, just loads of stutter.

10. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    See look it's some weird stuttery issue and my settings does not have any impact on framerate it always goes low when it never did with my last card. However as soon as I upload it to Youtube the stutter seems to go away :\

I just don't get it.

11. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Was this just in Trackmania 2 or all games?

12. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    All games I just play a lot of trackmania 2.

13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Gotcha the SLI profile settings I posted for Nvidia Inspector will help quite a bit for that game. No idea why Fraps would make your game stuttery. I haven't noticed any problems myself.

Trackmania 2: Canyon
    SLI Compatibility Bits: 0x00700045

14. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    This is one card I took the other one out cause SLI just makes everything worse. Just wish I could host a video of my frames being fine but lots of stutter when recording but all file host sites suck and if I uploaded it to Youtube it stops the problem...

15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    What framerate are you recording at? Youtube converts all videos to 30fps.
    I usually record in Fraps at 30fps and it sticks to 30fps the entire time. Granted it is slower than the 60fps I usually play at. My CPU & Hard Drive are too slow to capture at 60fps I think. When I have tried this I get stutter and framerate problems.

16. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    If I record at 30FPS my Framerate drops to unplayable and stutter but if I record at 60FPS my Framerate goes to about 40 which is ok but I get stutter still and any other like 120 it's the same story.

It shouldn't be like this and the PC is the same as when I had my last cards and it was fine and they were Nvidia. Only since getting the 670s and I know it's a software issue somewhere because my friend with an AMD CPU has the same problem since getting the 670.

I just heard that these Nvidia drivers were bad so was waiting for the next ones to fix whatever Vsync issues they're having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-_uSLgr6EM&feature=youtu.be

See look as soon as it's in Youtube, all gone!

17. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah because Youtube converts the video to 30fps, so it drops every other frame from the video when you upload it.

Try recording with VSync off and set the framerate limit to 60fps. You can set this in Trackmania 2 in the Advanced Options. Fraps also has an option to lock the game framerate to the capture framerate. This should help with stuttering as well.