GTX 680 Owners Check-In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xtreme1979, Mar 24, 2012.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I have my 2600k @4.3 so it is slow and i have 44 running processes also

i hope to go 34k gpu when 3930k on dice
    was thinking for 3dvantage close to 68k-70k gpu but i'm not sure
    its taking forever for your screenshot to open what was your gpu score?
    my sli scores look in line with others at hwbot

i just ran this at @5.1 ram 1600
    [​IMG]
    I will try my hypers in quad the next time i have the 3930k on dice,I tried that a few months back but it was only good for a few points i'm off 1000's.
    i dont care as much about 3d11 atm still pissed at the crap 03 scores with 680,even my 448's beat the 680 in 3d03.

Here is a 3dvantage gpu run at the same speeds as the First sli test i did on this mb it was 59k gpu now 64k with tri.[​IMG]
    if i can get 70K with 3630k on dice i'd crap my pants

i hard modded the slower of my two dcII's 1.34ishv got me to +198 thats the most i tried :wanker:,remember the card does 182+ stock :bang:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. TV addict#2

TV addict#2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EvgaGtx680+HPLP-3065
    did the gtx680 install yesterday,no os fresh install worked fine going from 2x 6950 to this one,ccleaner on the registry
    did a P9302 3D 11 score than a 12 hour Boarderlands session
    this game is smooth and max at 2560x1600,the cool operation temps and low power use are a nice improvement over my old tech

3. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI

For 3 SLI this is still low score. You have almost 100MHz boost more on GPUs.
    And the last one is reaaaaally slow. Only 9.9k points?

My score with one GPU on 2600k...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Cole i'm just testing gpu clocks not going for total score and i still cant get your screen to open lol i guess your gpu score is 11.5K+?
    it seems that this modded card wont start going till 1.35v then i tested up to +250 which it boosts to 1388 now
    still good temps with the h70.
    [​IMG]

5. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    [​IMG]

I know that you are just testing, but still it's very low score.

And with 3770K on 4700Mhz
    [​IMG]

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh i know i guess 3d11 is not my bag was getting some 11.8+gpu(overall same) scores but i only saved 1 screenshot
    about same 2600k clocks and just ram at 2133 helps with my overall score thuo
    this at only +215

[​IMG]

i'll see what i can do with a cold card today or tommorrow

7. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    That's better :)

You have to score 20k with 3930x and SLI ;)

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i will try cole :)

Got the better of the two cards modded today.
    ITS easy 1400 boost with only 1.305 max volts in 3d stock cooler its about 78f in room and max 65c on the card but have a 220 cfm on top of it.

+280 1.31v max 3d
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'm going to go get dice for the cpu now.
    either today or tommorrow i will put a card on dice too.

9. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    Can't wait :nerd:

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I did bad so far
    Was able to run 3d11 and get 24k+gpu scores np but believe it or not my physics was only 12K lol was on version 1.0.1
    if i can even get the 15k like i did last week i should go 20k overall
    vantage was np at +275 in sli thuo
    [​IMG]
    tommorrows another day i go back to dx9 cus i sick of 3d11

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    It was a bad day benching for me yesterday had the cards going +300 with 1.40v but the r4e stopped going into bios? just freaze when you hit delete button,good mount dont know what happened...
    ok then i got a u5dh and a 3750k it did not take me long to get that prepped for dice.... but i f'ed up and dropped the harddrive on the floor it worked one or two boots but it corrupted just not a great bench session
    i should just go fishing the way my luck is going this weekend but i will go get another hd today install xp and see what happens:wanker:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Bout the best i can do on stock air 1.42v
    [​IMG]

I should get the cpu on dice to help with the scores in vantage

[​IMG]
    aleast nothing wacky happened this session

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I know this sounds crasy(you know me right)but you guys are not total clueless boons that think all you get is 1.17 max with the 680 cards right?:wanker:
    I also know you guys here also know that you do add voltage with software right?
    like dont be a clueless bullcrapper and spread bs that all is max at 1.17v or you cant add voltage.:wanker:
    You guys are smart enough to check with a dmm and found that 1.21v is max and you do add voltage with software(sorta)...ok moving on :)

14. Order_66

Order_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    Next tuesday 6/19 I am due to receive an EVGA superclocked gtx 680.
    A couple of months back I bought a pair of 7970's, it was the worst experience with video cards that I have ever had and it was due to the horrid drivers, it was at that point that I decided "never again" when it comes to AMD cards, their cards seem like good hardware but they fail at making drivers.

It's a funny story, I bought the cards with a credit card that I normally use for emergencies but I really wanted to upgrade.
    After fighting with the cards for a solid 3 weeks I decided to take them back for a refund or exchange for a pair of 680's, unfortunately the only 680's they had were sold out so I went home and figured I was going to just order them online.

At some point while I was taking the cards back I had a disaster at home, the entire gutter assembly on one side of my house gave way and fell to the ground demolishing the whole thing and screwed up the siding as well.

That was one of the emergencies I was saving the credit card for lol

So I was almost out of money and didn't have anything decent to put in my pc to play games with, I was checking craigslist and found a used gtx 260 for 20 bucks, went and bought it and surprisingly it has performed rather well for being so old, I can play BF3 on the lowest settings really well, the experience with the 260 is so much better than the 7970's were that if the person was also selling a 7970 for 20 bucks I would have still bought the 260.

Can't wait til tuesday!

15. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Evga 680 sc signature sli

Going to be getting 2 x EVGA 680 SC SIGNATURE to replace my 580's.
    Can't wait to get them, anyone else here using them?

16. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    Guys, I started having crashes while OCing my GTX 680 to +155, which was stable to play BF3.

Driver stops responding. 301.42

Now even +115 crashes. As anyone had these issue? Quick performance degradation.

17. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    It happened to me as well. I changed drivers to 302.81 from 301.42 and wasn't able to overclock to +150MHz on core (max +80MHz on core), it crashed. Then I changed back to 301.42 and got same results +80MHz on core max. My first thought was that's driver problem, but I think it's the card what's making a problem. What's your thoughts?

18. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    I did not do extensive testing, but I am under the impression that I am already seeing a performance degradation. My impression is that I would need more voltage to hold the initial OC that was stable.

It seems to be happening too quickly. Also it could maybe explain why we have no voltage unlock.

Just speculating. We will hear more about this very soon if the performance degrades too fast. There was a rumor of a major recall regarding that. It was debunked but there could be a certain truth to the allegations.

19. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    I'm getting full cover water block next week for my 680. I think other components not getting enough cooling, possibly card automatically shots down. Last night I took apart my card there was no heat sinks on voltage modules or any other components except gpu, changed paste on gpu for good one but didn't get much change in temps. Hopefully water block will help. Use to water cool my gtx 570s.

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Idk guys i'v had a ref. 680 on a h70 for sometime now and just a fan on the vrm and they were not hot to the touch at all.when i added voltage they did get hot enough for me to use heatsinks but never any degrading at all and i pretty much had that ref card maxxed out afew times.

you say you have shutdowns is that your issue?

Also remember different ambient temps one day or night to the next has some recoasre on you clocks also,not so much with keplar as in the past but some none the less

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012