AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 May 22) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Mine shows and I can set the slider, its when I restart system or power off my overscan has been reset. I have to keep entering CCC to fix it each start up.

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Dude I wouldn't even bother with this driver. Your card isn't supported nor will it ever be again.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  3. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Well u rarely hear me complain and if i do its cuz the OpenGL sucks.

Thing is AMD's OpenGL had been sucking since 11.5 and after those only 12.1 was any good. I play Second Life and make video's there so i need good OGL. I'm just about done with AMD and i've had a good few of their cards.. was looking at 7950's but they obviously havnt got a clue about OpenGL whereas Nvidia have a good track record so i'm now looking for a decent GTX 670.

Well done AMD another faithful customer is on his way to Nvidia..

I'm sick of modding the 12.1 OGL files into the newer drivers. :bang:

4. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    The only good driver AMD made, in this past 6 months or so.

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @asder what bout mobility driver?? thanks for sharing..

6. sexparty

sexparty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 690
    This was going to be my last AMD driver update before my GTX 690 rocked up but maybe I'll re-consider since everyone with HD 6970 isn't having a good experience.

Why are you so bad at everything AMD, why?

7. Yoshpop

Yoshpop Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 SLI 2.05GHz
    For you 6950 owners out there, while playing BF3 I noticed my performance wasn't as good as it used to be. The scaling seems to be off when using these and the 12.6 cap 1 profiles. On average, first card is 97% while the second is at 84%. When using the April 17th and 12.4 cap 2s I was getting 98-99% on both.

8. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m

I keep wondering why AMD can't just revert the damn thing to 12.1.

Since 12.2 12.3 and 12.4, it's been bugs galore. Sticky clocks.

Those who have intel laptops with amd gpu.....Are there still sticky clocks in 12.6 ???

9. iaTa

iaTa Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M
  10. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    The screen has black margined, after restart, and within seconds it automatically full screen, save overscan on 0 and again margined black, let a big ****, the crashed of Dirt Showdown still in crossfire mode and Battlefield 3 yet still stuttering.
    What the hell is this driver?

11. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    With 12.4 my 7970 would hit long-idle mode and lock-up my computer if I left it unattended. With 12.6 beta, the same thing happens while I'm actually at my computer...the display goes into standby and the system becomes unresponsive. Rolled back to 12.3.

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so a magical date change means the foundation is suddenly bad cuz they spent more time releasing it? there is no marketing to it, there's a reason nvidia doesnt waste time forcing monthly WHQLs

you're killing me, right there on your pic it says HTML5, you are not in flash (my FF is starting to do this these past couple days, but chrome is still correctly in flash mode, i am blaming youtube for changing something on their site, not the driver, not flash, not FF)

is there a need to have clocks fixed if a video gets processed in chunks into a buffer? how do local video files play? is either case nice & smooth video?

dude the first legacy release isnt even out, now you're gonna spread conspiracies about how the world is ending

1-what is so important about constantly having a driver update & who is forcing you to update? there only needs to be one if there is a bug or unusual performance fix like nfs shift 1 (& then would you want 10 drivers for 10 bugs a month or 1 driver for all 10?)
    2-never again yeah right... x1900s got more than their first year of 4 drivers, & did you know there was actually an AGP driver in march or april?

13. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    To answer your first one about legacy drivers: Are you insinuating that the legacy releases will fix the problems I currently have.

Conspiracy's, don't even go there. I purely meant updated optimized drivers, but AMD claims all that is tapped out - yeah right, I know bull**** when I smell it..

Ya second: Oh I don't know, what is so important about having the latest driver? Maybe to fix the problems AMD have completely ignored over the years.

And ya last: Pretty much covers the first. And no I did not know that. But still, compared to "Nvidia" AMD are mediocre at best.

WOOF.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  14. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    I agree, this driver is amazing for BF3.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    there are 3 states for UVD, low, med and high...so yes, it should jump all over the place in certain circumstances.

use rbe and check your clock states for uvd.

16. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Well if you bothered to read by post you'd see that I stated I have a HD7850.:bang:

17. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Yet your "Info-Pan" says you have a 4870.

DERP.

18. DeFade

DeFade Guest

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    Could be placebo but Tera seems smoother for me compared to 12.4 with these :) Happy

19. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    NICE!!!! Hardware Acceleration in Firefox *seems* to be fixed now.

Asus HD7750

20. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Should I try to install the CCC of 12.4 OpenCL Beta since it was the last one working correctly, or am I bugging the driver even more then?