Diablo III - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Must be a troll photoshop. I'd expect someone playing on inferno mode to do a little more damage than that.

2. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    All gaming is a waste of time if we are going to go there.

The thing about HC mode is it's MUCH more exciting. It really changes how you play and what risks you will take. It's really fun seeing how far I can get, the farther I get the more intense the sessions are. Try it out man! and play with buddies if possible. That makes it even more intense!

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    it's PSed.. but that's not far off lol

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I can understand that but it's not much fun if you die and lose your character through no fault of your own. I've had Diablo III sessions where the latency has been so bad that it didn't detect my character walking over Health Orbs! That kind of 'issue' could be a killer at Hardcore difficulty and it's not something you can do anything about; the onus is entirely on Blizzard's servers.

Speaking of which... my week old Support Ticket to Blizzard about the server lag, rubber-banding, etc. issues finally got a response today (with the usual apologies for being late blah blah blah). Their answer: check your connection! Gee, thanks, Blizzard. Now why didn't I think of that...? :bang:

Seriously though, if I can play UbiSoft's always-online DRMed games, which are more demanding graphically, and at flawless 60 fps without issues then why can I not play Diablo III consistently like that. This morning's near-perfect session was a fluke.

5. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Servers down again. It's the buggiest, most problematic game launch i've ever seen. Blizzard should be absolutely ashamed, especially with the amount of money they have available

Another example of a game released to the public, letting them test what is effectively a beta build of a game.

6. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Spot on ! :thumbup:

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh bless, that's hilarious!

8. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    Yeah, they obviously weren't ready, no excuse for that. I heard it was the fastest selling pc game ever. 3.5m in 24 hours or something. Things will smooth out after a few weeks.

Even with a ****ty launch, I'm having more fun with this game than any game in a long long time.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you clearly wasn't there for SWTOR launch. that was shambolic in every way. At least D3 works. SWTOR had hour long queues in the first week, the gathering nodes didn't work, the AH was a joke (trust me, a lot worse than D3 AH which at least works), there was a ton of standard MMO features missing.

Apart from login issues in the first few days and maintenance downtimes and some lag (not too bad imho) the game works straight out the box.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah i havent found it 2 stressfull either. but I do think the whole hacking of peoples accounts is fairly shambolic.

and then the "well you havent got an authenticator" comments. like people should have to pay an extra £8 for one...

also what's more i found out when I got mine (yeah after several dodgy things and messages about my wow account I actually emailed battlenet and said i was worried about Diablo3 launch...I played safe and got one just before launch) it doesnt have a battery you can replace. so perhaps in a yr or so you have to spend another £8...

speaking of bad launches shogun2 didnt have AA or the dx11 features it was meant to have...a classic case of an unfinished product released to fit a deadline.

still lvl 52 so far on my witch doctor and loving it (monk got a bit repetitive, barb a bit squishey, demon hunter/wizard...pretty quality).

my next will be either a barb or wizard. been toying with the idea of the wizard explosion/blades/skin build.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    authenticator is free on android and ios, same as for swtor and rift. if you don't have those, you have to pay obviously, but it's up to you. I myself don't use authenticators after having issues with them, just have a rock solid password. I got hacked before on my wow account, reported it, got it sorted within a few hours, so no big issues there.

12. Hangry

Hangry Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gt 550m
    error 37 again, i love that game, i dont whine that much about it but seriously AGAIN??!!
    blizzard what are you doing? it just makes me so sad :( and disapointed

13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I use winauth myself (nice free windows version of the auth), i used the source code for it and put it together myself (just to be sure). I have it setup to show the number as a bit map image instead of the direct number and it's all set to only work on my PC under my account.

It's not as secure as a dedicated key fob (which i'm not willing to buy), but it's more secure than not having one at all (as i don't have a phone that can use the free version).

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    My WoW account got hacked once (i think this was right around the time when they started the whole merged accounts under Battle.net). Was nice. Whoever hacked it didn't seem to steal anything. Leveled my Death Knight to 80 (Pre-Cata), got me some half decent gear, and a nice sum of gold.... was even still a month of game time left from a 60-day card that was applied to the account... which he probably did just in case, so that were i to notice, none of his personal information could be tracked.

15. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I'm done with this bull**** here. Later blizzard.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i need help.

im trying to install Diablo 3 on my macbook air with 64Gb ssd. it has free Gbs of 29GB.

and when i try to install the game it says

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Inferno too hard? :)

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    All very true (though lag/latency tends to be bad for me) but the sad reality is that the game might "work straight out of the box" but it just doesn't work very well for a good number of people, including myself.

Honestly, I expected better of Blizzard. After all they've had nearly a decade of experience with World of Warcraft and Diablo III had both an extended beta and a stress test. As others have said it does look very much like they rushed the game out before it was ready (as laughable as that may sound for a game that has been in development for as long as Diablo III has)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.