Suttering Diablo III

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Vestar, May 29, 2012.

1. Vestar

Vestar Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
  2. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    No stuttering at all here on this laptop. I don't get why the system req's of the game are so much higher than WoW's when it doesn't look any better. Probably just for the cut scenes which are the only really good graphics in the game.

3. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    change diablo 3 video option from "fullscreen" to "fullscreen windowed"

4. Vestar

Vestar Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
    Don't know why, but Blizzard likes to make heavy games even if the graphic is really bad...
    I would say their progammers aren't really good.

5. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    For me with 12.4b and cap2 the game is solid 60fps all the time, runs even better on my AMD cfx 6970 system than on my SLI 670 sytem.

Ps. I dont understand everyone complaing about the gfx, with SuperSampled AA the game looks really good to me. Without AA it still looks good, but with SSAA its really good. So quit youre whining, its a great game, with descent graphics.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    at 1920x1080, no a P6100+Mobility HD5650 won't run D3 at max settings and still reach 130fps. At 1440x900 or lower, it's possible in places like New Tristram.... Reducing physics or shadows should reduce the stutter though. Physics is CPU bound and will cause stuttering if the CPU can't keep up and shadows place a heavier load on the GPU which can cause stuttering.

Diablo3 isn't a "heavy game"... Shadows do tend to heavily impact graphics performance though....and the proprietary physics engine used by Blizzard does tend to hinder performance on dual core systems. Being that your Mobility HD5650 is the equivelent of an entry-level desktop card, and your processor being a budget mobile processor....I think you're asking too much of the laptop to run at "max" settings.

7. Desi26

Desi26 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC
    I have stuttering also. Sometimes my player jumps from one side of the screen to the other. I thought all these issues was just needing to be connected to Blizzards server at all times. ALL on their end. The ridiculous DRM would have been a deal breaker if the game wasn't so damn addicting!

Digging act III on a level 31 Demon Hunter as of now. My character feels so overpowered as I destroy even the biggest swarms of enemies in seconds, and have only died one time because of a lag spike. Anyone else feel that the game is ridiculously easy on Normal setting?

8. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    :stewpid:

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Most of the "lag" and "stuttering" is server side and will be fixed for most players. However, those trying to play on entry-level systems at higher than recommended settings will experience stuttering regardless of what Blizzard does on the server side.

Don't worry, if your spec is wrong....you'll get a nice notification later....

The game isn't "heavy" and is actually better than it could have been had physX been used instead of the proprietary physics engine that was used...

However, if you're trying to run it on an entry-level system such as what the OP is using....yes, it will appear "heavy"...but, the game does very well on a mid-range system.

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    the ping is good.. texture high.. the rest off or low.. tick the low fx... getting 50~60 fps
    untick the the both max fps thing.. when alot creep get around 30~40 fps.. something i dunno y damn lag but after awhile ok already... like kinda not stable.. i'm using 12.4 WHQL + 12.4 cap 2

off topic:
    wat i can said 1.02 patch r sux.. auto join channel party.. can't del recent player.. error pop out when view achievement or profile (depend)... friend list & recent player duplicated..

11. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    i just used older drivers, worked fine outside the occasional lag caused by latency. Im on catalyst 11.7b right now if i remember correctly. The atiumag.dll is probably all you need. AMD has been failing hard with drivers this year.

12. Vestar

Vestar Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
    I swear, it is playable on max settings at 1366x768, i'm playing it right now... sure, it doesn't go at 60 fps all the time, but in combat drops a bit, like 30-40fps. (with a lot of mobs)