AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 12.4 CAP2 (May 24)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ihatelolcats

ihatelolcats Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 CrossfireX
    i don't think so

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You don't have to uninstall other CAP releases first.

They may add up in the add/remove program list, but that's all it does. It won't mess up drivers or anything of the like.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The profiles are in that .blob archive (C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\Application Profiles) and for the driver releases it's atidxx32.dll and atiumdag.dll primarily.
    (I don't know the mechanics on how it works.)

That list there is since a few driver releases ago when AMD/ATI allowed you to use (and create) custom made profiles. :)

As for these it's nice to see Max Payne 3 support though I believe Rockstar worked with AMD this time (Maybe with both AMD and Nvidia, would be nice.) but it's good to see support for it.

Now to see how the actual non-leaked/beta 12.5 drivers are, should probably be out today or tomorrow, probably tomorrow but what do I know. :p

4. ihatelolcats

ihatelolcats Member

GPU:
    in other words the list is supposed to be empty? weird

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I'm poor at explaining things in a good way but yes I think it's completely empty if you don't have any custom profiles set since the default ATI/AMD supplied ones are hidden.
    (I guess it's a similar method with having to use a third party utility like NVInspector if those were to be altered or such tweaks, I'm not too up to date on what's currently available but RadeonPro or ATITrayTools probably has some such functionality.)

Also I think the CAP's can only do so much without needing actual driver updates however so while they do help (Especially for early Crossfire support in newer games though it could be better still.) but for any larger changes I assume the drivers have to be updated with new code or how to explain it. :)
    (I haven't checked but I guess the profiles are basically a exe name to link with and then there's different "flags" set for how it should behave or scale or if AA should be disabled for example, I don't really know what those .blob archives are composed of though I think they hook via the registry thus why a reboot is recommended for it to update properly and probably also if the previous CAP has some file still in use or effect though as above uninstalling isn't required first but it helps keep things a bit cleaner.)

6. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    The list should not be empty, if it is something is wrong on your end.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    My list has been empty on every single release (beta and WHQL) since they instituted it.

I assumed it was only for user defined profiles, not driver/CAT provided profiles.

What do i need to do to get it populated?

8. ihatelolcats

ihatelolcats Member

GPU:
    i can't imagine why mine is messed up. i did a clean install when i got my second card. so i dont think reinstalling will help

9. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Its not suppose to be empty, your suppose to select which profile you wish to use. The whole point of downloading these app profiles.

Try uninstalling all your drivers and do a clean driver and app cap install, may clear things up.

10. ihatelolcats

ihatelolcats Member

GPU:
    thanks for the help, my list is now populated and performance is better

11. Eluder

Eluder Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    According Rage3D's FAQ for CAPs, it's as I stated, the list is empty unless you create custom CAPs.
    And this is how it's always been for me, so I'm really surprised you guys see a list of CAPs anywhere in CCC.

12. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    This. The application profile area in CCC says "Manage user-defined application profiles for controlling the image quality and performance of games and other 3D applications".

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I got confused by that too at first, there's the 3D Application Settings and it's somewhat new "Application Profiles" list which is empty and holds user profiles but then there seems to be a second profile list specific to Crossfire (It's in the crossfire tab which appears when such a configuration is used.) now that I compared against the image on the previous page. :)
    (This post - http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4328783&postcount=19 )

14. kalniel

kalniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    The profiles don't need to be listed, they are automatically applied to games that have a profile. Even if the list is empty, create a user profile for a game that has a CAP and it'll warn you that there is already a CAP for that game.

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    oh man everyone got confused

THAT list shoulld NOT be empty, that list is when you want to 'use a predefined profile', meaning, forcing mass effect 3 profile for tribes as an example

i have a better question, why dont i see more games in this list, also around 12.2 some appeared that werent there in 12.1, even though they've always been in the driver/CAP for months/years

i would be happy if i can just write in the exe of the profile i want to force

& JB, those arent quite all the dlls

atiumdag.dll - 32bit dx9
    aticfx32.dll & atidxx32.dll - 32bit dx10/11 (a few dx9 things appeared last couple months)
    atioglxx.dll - 32bit ogl

64bit
    atiumd64.dll
    aticfx64.dll & atidxx64.dll
    atio6axx.dll

atiogl.xml - ogl caps or something... mostly older games & CAD apps