Gtx6xx rsod

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ..VeNoM.., May 27, 2012.

1. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Not sure if it's been covered here yet but I had it happen to me twice and I have seen others mention it. Just to confirm, this is not a faulty card, it's to do with program's accessing information from the card. Such things as GPU-Z or even tweakers like Afterburner/precision/GPU tweak can do it. With updates to these program's the problem of RSOD should be gone. Apparently it's something to do with how the BIOS works on these new cards.

Just thought you guys should know, if you didn't already.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Have not experienced any problems,everything running good.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah the red screen seemed to go away when I stopped having Precision open all the time. The flickering still remained between my monitors though. I get my replacement this week and I guess I'll see if the flickering is gone with it. But I think it's related to how I have 3 independent monitors running at 2 different frequencies and 2 different resolutions. I just hope that if it isn't the card, Nvidia fixes it with a driver soon.

4. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Like this one? This happens to me when I try to save the bios with GPU-Z. Other than I haven't experienced any problem with the card.

[​IMG]

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Nah, occasionally when you're running say precision or afterburner in a 3D app the screen will turn red. It seems pretty random, least it did to me, but it usually always happened in mostly static scenes, like for instance on the Skyrim start screen or the Diablo character screen. Alt tabbing would usually fix it for me. It was just annoying. Once I stopped having precision constantly open in the background it went away.

6. Apatch

Apatch Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX1080 OC
    2 days after I bought my Asus GTX670 DirectCU II Top, I had experienced it too. Red screen without any info, sound started to stutter, some apps where previously active : Asus GPU Tweak, Gpu-z 0.6.2, MSI Afterburner 2.2.1. I'm glad it's not a card fault cause it started to worry me.

7. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Ah, the red screen of death. it only happened to me only once. I updated my AIDA64 and it never occurred again.

8. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Yeah.. Not a faulty card mate.. Just software related.

Also the flickering has been reported on multi monitor setups and I believe it's driver related. Although not everyone suffers from these issues.

9. SoWErA

SoWErA New Member

GPU:
    MSI6950TFrozrIIIPowerE/OC
    Also had the problem ever since I first installed my new computer with my new Asus gtx 670 had about 4 rsod before I uninstalled Asus gpu tweaker/monitor after that not a single rsod my uptime now is 2days 6hours.

I was thinking of trying other drivers but doubt that's gonna work since it's a fix needed for not crashing when gpu monitoring programs check the old way! using the latest whql now.

10. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Yeah ASUS GPU Tweak was the culprit in my case on both occasions. Aida never caused me issues but I don't use it that much.