AMD Catalystâ„¢ Application Profiles 12.4 CAP1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by BenchAndGames, May 4, 2012.

1. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    Yes, they are.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2909

2. smoney

smoney Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390
    No tribes ascend? :(

3. g00f

g00f Guest

GPU:
    Xfire AMD 7970's
    This is sadly something true... I have confirmed its a CFX issue ONLY when Eyefinity is enabled and running...but totally fine when its single monitor.

I re-installed my OS twice and spent over a week installing/removing/cleaning/system restoring back to 12.3 because 12.4 and on (betas) would not allow the 2nd GPU to do anything as it was stuck at the 500/150MHz default speeds. Called my ATI contact, and it was the first he heard of it also. I wish it wasn't true, cause I did see some great increases in BF3, but I couldnt get to to run consistently in CFX.

Sometimes I could trick it by disabling CFX then enabling it...but then it would slowly revert back to one cards GPUS while playing....my FRAPPS would just nose drive over 1 minute and be slower then 1 GPU on its own. I tried every conceivable combination but could not get CFX and Eyefinity running EXCEPT with 12.3's only.

I hope they can reproduce it to identify the issue.

4. jrandym

jrandym New Member

GPU:
    2x5850
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems with crossfire and these drivers. I've also tried the 12.5 betas as well and with the 12.4 CAPS and still no crossfire with or without eyefinity. 12.3 catalysts work fine for me for now.

5. BlueDream

BlueDream Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5970
  6. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Yeah, this really, really sucks. Especially running at triple-GPU :(

Yah, Guru3D (and I'm sure some other sites) tend to include *everything* that's in the driver (or at least, the last few revisions). They may also do it as given it's a CAP1, people might not realise all the prior CAP updates from 12.3 etc. are there. In any case, it's usually only the first section that is the most recent :)

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    tribes - use afr-friendly or masseffect3 profile, if you also want vsync, use d3doverrider to force triple buffering otherwise the game stutters & fails

you will have minor shadow flickers rarely, use the hard reset profile to stop those but the fps will be a little lower

bf3 is not in the release notes for THIS cap, as in people say the cap improved bf3, the xml has not changed for bf3 nor is it in the notes for this cap

cfaa = Compatible Forced AA, caps require a reboot always

8. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Are you saying that this CAP should not improve performance in Battlefield 3?

9. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    EDIT: :bang: keep making stupid mistakes, bf3 IS changed in this cap

the 'dxx' part has been altered, but the 'cfx' part is the same

so you should compare the 2 caps to see if bf3 is better or worse for you

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    wtf they disabled cf in nfs world again... why...it was running fine for me

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    o_O they disabled it a long long time ago

it never ran fine for me, i would always drop to stuttering 30fps after exactly 5min of driving until i alt tab or toggle vsync

that game needs more than 1 gpu?

12. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    Depends which game

By Blades of time i use ingame AA and enhance that to 32xCsaa + traa 4xss. It worked ok with 296.xx or now with new 301.xx drivers.

Something like U3E Tribes Ascent? has some issues with forced AA,
    [​IMG]
    actually a lot U3E games do, well those without build-in AA.

FXAA & SMAA injector is the only fix or Stalker Supersampling flag, but it can be a performance killer..

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  13. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    what? stuck at 500/150 ? How comes ? in idle i got 500/1425(XFX DD BE 7970) on main GPU and 2nd is in ZCP, when 2nd gpu gets activated it goes to 300/150 !
    And yes! Sometimes also happens to me that 2nd gpu is stuck to 500mhz (but i thought Vram goes up to 1425! not sure though...) When it happens i OC vram to 1426 and GPU to 1001mhz ! Then it clocks correctly!

Anyone tested Firefall with Crossfire ? getting 35-45fps in single GPU and 38-50fps in crossfire! Way to tiny improvement! also do i only get around 65-85% GPU load. :(

14. bronzodiriace

bronzodiriace Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x
    I have bad performance with crossfire enabled.
    Better performance with only 1 gpu but some slowdown during the game.

How can I resolve?

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    firefall is UE3 right? do what i did to tribes, make sure TB is forced with d3doverrider & try some common AFR friendly type profiles

16. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    No it is not (it uses a modified Offset engine), and there is already a profile for it as I got it added in the 12.5 CAP 1.