Core I7 950 to Intel Core i7-2600K BX80623I72600K

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Victor Morales, May 23, 2012.

1. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Depends, some people say that EIST/C1E screws with overclocking, I've never ran into that issue before and rather have a cool running CPU and it using less power when I don't need high performance (which is 90% of the time when I'm doing homework or just surfing the web).

deltatux

2. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    I was just reading an artical on this some say it causes stability issues some say it doesnt. I guess i will play with it..

Last and stupid question of the night how come on this righ it states in the system properies i7-2600 @3.40GHZ 3.40GHZ on my previous rig it showed i7-950 @3.06 4.26GHZ. How can i show that i know it doesnt matter its just me being picky.

CPUID is showing the clocks staying at 4682.99

3. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
  4. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Mine does the same thing now, since I upgraded from my 920 to 3570k. 920 showed the actual speed the cpu was running at. But Windows plays dumb with newer procs.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I've done minor tweaks on my system and used Turbo to overclock ... I find that to balance power savings and performance. It properly reports the CPU speed (I set 1 core Turbo to 4.0 GHz, 4 cores active at 3.8 GHz).

[​IMG]

I'm going to push my rig more when I get a new cooler.

deltatux

6. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    How did you get it to show. I went through all the power managment stuff in the UEFI and could not get it to change. The clocks stayed at 4.7 GHz i ran prime last night for about 6 hours the blend test in core temp the max core hit about 89 90c. I think thats to high. I have a H80 Cooler its set to medium maybe i will put it on hight tonight.

But prime ran with no errors and no crashes. The voltage is set to auto on the CPU and it looks like its running at 1.32 should i lower it.

If this thread belongs somewhere else please show me how to move it.

I am liking my new rig. I was just so used to a regular BIOS and changing volatages and FSB speeds to achive an overclock i see its different now. Anyone out there with a sabertooth please help me

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Either it's because your UEFI doesn't report overclocks to Windows (my old ASUS board doesn't) or maybe it will only show if you use Turbo to overclock your board.

deltatux

8. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Is that temp to high for the cooler i have

9. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    and correction on my last post the volatage shows in cpuz that its at 1.51V if you look at the picture about. I have it set to auto in the UEFI

10. kingnosser

kingnosser Banned

GPU:
    MSI560tiTFII/OC/1GB
    You should try to stay under 1.425v unless your on water otherwise the chip can degrade fast, set you voltage manually you shouldn't need more than 1.35v for 4.5Ghz.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    you need to take your cpu volts off auto. most likely the m/b is using too much voltage. I would set it at 1.4v and run a quick linx like 5 passes max memory. if linx passes run p-95 blend max memory. if you blue sceen with 0124 or 0101 raise your volts 1 step and p95 again. its a painstacking process as p95 takes forever but it is the best stability tester for SB

12. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    I put the core volt at 1.30 and ran prime for 2 hours blend test and no crashes. Now for my temps I just have to switch aroun the h80 to pull IN to the case rather push out so the top fans are the exhaust this is all running at 46 mulitplier giving me 4.6 ghz I wonder if I should go higher

13. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    So i fixed my cooler and added 2 fans on the side of my cosmos II here are my temps running at 4.6GHZ @ 1.31 Volts should i go higher prime is still running for the past 2 hours
    [​IMG]

14. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    is this good P11347 3DMarks