Nvidia GeForce 301.42 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, May 22, 2012.

1. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    just the same as the last few betas for me

2. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Good on my system, everything maxed out, using adaptive vsync in NVCP. I do not have the vsync stutter issue many have reported.

3. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I used performance instead of adaptive and set 60fps in Precision X and my stuttering is much better with these drivers (coming from 300.83). It's not perfect but it's way better.

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    downloading now - why not leave Nvidia supplied links up along with guru3d links?

5. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    I've never seen that, my problem is that it won't even budge from 50MHz. Have you tried reducing the clocks or bumping the voltage a little to make sure the card is not defective?

Not sure to be honest, I haven't heard of it on the 560's. You will know when you go to game though, things will be a slide show.

6. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I read it somewhere that every videocard with Directx 11 support and HDMI1.4 port will be able to do everything of Directx11.1, it's more software than hardware related stuff!

7. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Never needed any software with nvidia drivers. Since my TNT2, installing drivers with nvidia cards has been painless. Not even use uninstalling prior installing newer drivers. Just install, use clean install option and I'm ready to go.

8. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    They have a newer date, but an older driver version. So, I like my system running the LATEST build of the driver, not the one with the newer date. The branch is the same, just check the driver files. Newer builds are mostly likely to have the latest features, and fixes. The date can be just the date when the driver got the WHQL certification, not the date it was released.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  9. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Staying with the 302.59 ones as well.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    True but the v302.59 drivers do not have the Bully and F1 2010 DX11 fixes which are included in the v301.40 and v301.42 drivers so, as far I'm concerned, they are older and less complete. I suspect the v302.59 drivers pre-date the v301.4x ones for this reason otherwise they too would include those game fixes. Higher numbers doesn't always mean newer versions, particularly as the v302.59 are developer-only drivers from a new branch.

I'm sure we will see a v302.xx driver soon with all the fixes from the v30x.xx drivers included as well as the v-sync stutter bug fix.

Last edited: May 23, 2012

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I was under the impression that several branches are worked on at the same time by different teams, so you can't always assume that if something has a higher number, then it must be newer or that it will contain everything form other branches, especially if that is a beta/alpha driver.

12. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Well, I don't play either games, and 302.59s are pretty fast and stable here, so, no point changing again...

13. Solid004

Solid004 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Thank you very much. Tonight I'll install them and verify. :)

14. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I have downclockd my card so the Current Clock and GPU Clock match in Nvidia Inspector.

[​IMG]

I then created a custom fan profile with GPU Tweak and chose to start it with Windows and to keep it minimised and also to keep the settings for the next start on close of application.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

After that just restart and your clocks should work like normal, the reason i created a custom fan profile is because if you try to manually change the fan, try to over or downclock the card with GPU Tweak it will crash the driver, but if you downclock you card with inspector first and then open GPU Tweak you can create a custom fan profile without it crashing, make sure you have "user define" selected before you hit apply or the fan profile wont load at boot.

[​IMG]

I can also overclock my card with Nvidia Inspector to 900mhz, make sure you have GPU Tweak hidden in the notification area because if you hit apply in GPU Tweak while you card is overclocked then it will boot with that overclock, also don't exit GPU tweak if you do your custom fan profile wont kick in, just click on hide notification after restarting (it has a annoying bubble that pops up to say that it is running) its best to just pretend GPU Tweak doesn't exist (i wish it didn't), and leave it in minimised in the notification area.

If you do decide to overclock you might want to restart after playing a game because for me it wouldn't power down past (P8) speeds (405mhz) but it would continue to power back up to 900mhz if i wanted to play a different game without restarting.

There is a bug with GPU-Z and EVGA Precision.

[​IMG]

NVIDIA Inspector and MSI Afterburner show the same clocks and Judging by the FPS i was getting while playing Battlefield 3 (Train Mission) i would say that they are correct.

PS. Apologies for all the pictures.

15. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    all good here i like these ......:)

16. UltraMagnus0001

UltraMagnus0001 New Member

GPU:
    9600gt Sli
    My voice sync problem for 9600gt with h.264 hardware decoding is not fixed still! Clean install and everything, ah well, I have to go back to 280.26 driver:bang:.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  17. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I share your thoughts sir! :)

18. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I have decided to flash my BIOS with GPU Tweak, using the downclocked settings and custom fan profile i created.

[​IMG]

These are the settings GPU tweak programmed in to my BIOS if anyone with a Matrix wants to try it, the only draw back is my GPU volt has changed from 1.038v to 1.050 buts that nothing, also the clocks get stuck after i have closed a video but i think that's because of the driver, i am using NVIDIA Inspectors power saving feature to control my clocks so they work how they are supposed to.

On the plus side i can now uninstall the POS software that is GPU tweak, because my custom fan profile has been programmed in to my BIOS i don't need it any more and i can use NVIDIA Inspector to OC my card, i will have to install it again though if i want to restore my BIOS. :):):):):)

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    mkay, downloading now...

20. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Gaming is very smooth, and my desktop score went up 2 points in graphics, and my desktop feels faster.