GTX 670 HUGE Stutter

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Nookie80, May 19, 2012.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Actually, he's saying exactly what nVidia is saying....which is that it's a driver issue related to v-sync.

Customer Satisfaction is only part of their concern. The other is all the sue happy idiots that are more than willing to file frivolous class-action suits over minor issues.

3. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    well , I believe them on this it remind me of latency issues with GF104 that get fixed by a new driver.

and honestly vsync issue is more software related than hardware related .

4. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Every single 1 of your posts is a subtle jibe at Nv. What are you going in the Nv side of things with a 7950 anyways?

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^ He's suffering from what he's accusing everyone else of:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    I don't have red glasses. It's just that this place is more NV centric than even the official NV forum, and I can't help but try for a little balance even thought I'm not very happy currently with AMD either. I also stated that I wish there was another alternative apart from red and green since 2 party systems are as progressive as bingo evenings.

When I have to read that Nvidia is so much faster and better, that their drivers never have issues, and such nonsense, it just rubs me the wrong way like extremely unbalanced views usually do.

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Your 7950 is @RMA.
    The F you have to be unhappy with Nvidia :3eyes:

And trust me - you're wearing HEAVY tinted Red glasses by now.
    Because that is exactly how I become NV fanboi - seen a bunch of crap, and responded trying for a little balance.

Now... It is highly unlikely that AMD and NV are equal when it comes to quality.
    Surely ones have to be be better than the others.

And so it happens to be that huge majority thinks that the NV are better ones.
    So I'd suggest laying off the Internet for a while, or perhaps from driver threads if that bothers you too much :)

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I may also suggest that your fanboi posts are quite tiresome. Differing opinion is allowed and encouraged.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Differing from what.

same advice btw...

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    From yours, now move on.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I got a fix turn f'in vsync off

12. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    And then have a giant line running across my screen whenever I move, I don't think so! I don't (and I bet you and everyone else) spend money just to be told that something that you paid for doesn't work and you have to disable it.

13. gstanford

gstanford Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080Ti
    You are in the nvidia graphics cards sub-forum -- what did you expect?! In fact with a 7950 in your signature, why are you in this sub-forum at all, except to stir up trouble?!

14. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Guest

GPU:
    -
    Do you still get screen tearing or stuttering when you limit your FPS to 60 through Nvidia Inspetor?

15. Mikcannon

Mikcannon Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 Strix w/c
    Funny how somebody mentioned NOBODY has trouble with nVidia.
    These forums wouldn't exist if drivers and hardware worked 100% of the time.
    Buy a card and if it works the way it should, you don't complain. If not, join the forums.

16. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Does using adaptive vsync help much? I'm thinking about getting another 670 after finally getting a RMA for my reference 670 but I demand a solid unwavering 60fps and these stutter issues are making me think twice about the 6xx series.

17. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    You know if it's a boost clock issue, I think you can manually control that... just set the clock to the maximum allow so it wont' boost any further?

Or if it really is the issue, Nvidia could easily just allow a driver update with the option to turn off boost clock... I don't think they would take this long for a solution if the solution is that simple

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't think so, v-sync fully off is the way to go for no stutter (although im not 100% on that, as i don't have a Nvidia card), and i wouldn't think twice about the 6xx series, the stutters not much of a problem from what ive been told.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  19. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    The stuttering just makes the max frames dip 3-4 frames. It's not like the cards are broken. Nvidia already said it was a driver issue, it will be fixed eventually.

I don't know what your last card was but given that all previous Nvidia cards were slower than the GTX670 I think it's safe to say that even with the stutter you get a much higher minimum frame rate.

20. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I'm considering buying a EVGA 670 FTW. So with all this stuttering issue, should I wait? lol