What car you rather have?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by top_gun36, Jun 14, 2003.

?

Which one?

1. Honda S2000

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  2. Toyota Supra Turbo

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Mazda RX-7

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Nissan Skyline GT-R

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  5. Mitsubishi Evolution

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Dodge Hemi Challenger

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    Honda S2000
    [​IMG]
    The Honda S2000 purrs to the tune of 240 horsepower from the plant in Sayama, Japan. Maximum horsepower is reached at 8,300 rpm, but the S2000 more than happily revs to 9,000 rpm. Torque is a little less impressive at 153 lb.-ft. With this combo the 2,800lb roadster hits 60 from 0 in 6.1 seconds. Not too bad by any standards. But time slips aren`t what the S2000 is about. It`s an autocross dream with its perfectly balance 50-50 weight distribution.

Toyota Supra Turbo
    [​IMG]
    280 horses and 318 lb.-ft. torque are fed through ceramic turbos into the 3.0L inline six-cylinder 2JZ-GTE powerplant. The last gen Supra ran the quarter mile in 14 seconds flat--stock trim. 60 is hit in 5.7 seconds. Imagine what this thing is capable of with a little massaging for more horsepower.

Mazda RX-7
    [​IMG]
    Powered by a 1.3L rotary engine mated to twin turbos the RX-7 hit 250 galloping horsies without breaking a sweat. But power wasn`t the only thing that made the FD a dream car--the way it handles is why so many enthusiasts swear by the FD. On the autocross it`ll likely keep up with cars with 50 to 100 more horsepower, it`s just that spry.

Nissan Skyline GT-R
    [​IMG]
    AWD, a six-speed Getrag tranny twin-turbos feeding more air into six inline combustion chambers and four seats--what else could you ask for from a car? Factory horsepower is rated at 280, but we have a feeling Nissan fibs a bit to meet Japanese government regulations; some have dynoed as high as 330 hp. Unsure of the exact power under the hood the GT-R is still capable of going 0-to-60 in roughtly 5.4 seconds--lightning fast for a 3,300lb vehicle.

Mitsubishi Evolution
    [​IMG]
    Stock numbers for the 2.0L turbocharged vehicle 271 hp achieved when the tach hits 6,500 rpm and 273. lb.-ft. torque in the 3,500 rpm range.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
    [​IMG]
    Mitsubishi ditched the 2.0L turbocharged engine and AWD system seen in the previous Eclipse. That combo now resides in the Evolution, but back to the new Eclipse. In place of the boosted four cylinder is a larger displacement naturally aspirated 3.0L V6. Even without a turbo that biggie V engine produces 210 hp and 205 lb.-ft. torque. Sounds like a decent amount of power, but it needs every drop it can get--the Eclipse needs to get on Jenny Craig as it weighs just under 3,400 lbs and suffers from serious understeer.

Dodge Hemi Challenger
    [​IMG]
    The high-compression single overhead cam Hemi V8 pushes out an insane 425 horsepower @ 5,000 rpm and 490 tranny snapping lb.-ft. torque @ 4,000 rpm.

Any of these cars will do :D but if I had to pick one, it would have to be the skyline....(BTW all teh cars r from 2fast 2furious)

2. osama1234

osama1234 Guest

GPU:
    Asus MX-400 64mb
    hey hey... i chose evolution,
    i was just noticing if you look at the polls it kinda looks like a street race... the evo and gt-r are same distance ahead... 2 or 3 car lengths behind the opponents :D

3. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

in gran tourismo series I've been partial to the nissan, in life, the supra.

4. fahad

fahad Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Albatron Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB/Hitachi CML174B
    Either the S2000, Supra, Hemi, or Skyline

I heard the RX-8 is cool too

5. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

gee fahad, don't get so pinned down by just one car :D

6. pitydafoo

pitydafoo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 Ti 4GB
    The Supra turbo had 320hp, and quite a few have dynoed close to that at the wheels, so it's likely a bit of an underclaim. Those are pretty conservative performance numbers for it, too. C&D got 4.6 0-60 and 13.1 1/4 mile. Most got in the 4.8-5.1 range for 0-60, and mid-13's in the 1/4. I like these cars, but their styling isn't quite my cup of tea. I like my 89, though.

Also, the Chrysler Hemi V8 is not SOHC, it's pushrod. It had to use a very convoluted system to actuate the valves. It was understandable back then, because no one trusted timing belts or chains very much at the time. However, the fact that the new 5.7 Hemi is still pushrod is dumb. The old 426 was quite a monster, though.

The Mitsus....don't get me started. I'll pass after my Eclipse.

The RX7 would be a great pick, if it were just a bit more reliable.

I picked the Skyline GT-R, though. If it was LHD and actually sold in the states in any real numbers, I'd love to have one. Of course, even with niether of those being true, I'd still love to have one. I hope Nissan releases a worthy succesor soon.

7. Abdul Alhazred

Abdul Alhazred Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TerraTec 5800 Ultra
    Hemi Challenger...

8. a k i

a k i Guest

where i come from there is a saying, if you own a honda you dream of having a supra, those who own a supra dreams of owning a skyline. I'd go for skyline king of the streets where i live.

9. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    I wuld love to have a tt supra with a nice veilside kit, altho the skyline is also hot. I think the only place u can get one is california tho, wich blowz, and the seat is on the right side as opposed to the left.

10. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Guru of 3D Bartender

GPU:
    Abit GeForce 3
    i go for the supra turbo...looks nicer and is more powerfull

11. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

my car is loseing, but not once I get into my admin tools :D

12. Sivo

Sivo Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9600
    Challenger for me, but if I was to go for one of the more modern cars i'd go for the Supra, I know a few people that own one and have raced aginst an Evo 7, Subaru UK300 and a Calibra Turbo 4x4. The Supras one with the Calibra Turbo a vry close second, then the UK300, then the Evo. The main reason for my choice is raw power, I dont like the highly refined cars like the Skyline for some reason..

13. AZAlex

AZAlex Member

GPU:
    2x 8800GT 512MB (XFX & BFG)
    The EVO is a pain in the ass.....I went out car shoppin with my folks, and everytime you go over a bump, i smack the ceiling....im 6 feet tall (and yes i had the seats all the way back and slanted and it still happens

Awesome car, if you're smaller than 6 foot

14. TerroH8er

TerroH8er Guest

I'd be happy to have any of them :)

actually any of the top 3 would do for me.

15. dr jonz

dr jonz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x HIS Radeon 7970 Ghz
    gotta go w/ the hemi

skyline's are good cars, but i dont see much point in having one here in the states after all the import costs and all. Just doesn't seem worth it, but of course, if you have the money to spend, no harm in having a skyline.

16. RoninCS

RoninCS Guest

Since I have a heavily modified S2000, it's my personal preference (there was also a point in time when I was selling Honda's, so I'm sort of partial to begin with). Trust me, the things you can do with that are are absolutely amazing, plus with the 10K RPM Redline, it's just like riding a bike. :)

17. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

nuff said...

[​IMG]

18. PixelDude

PixelDude Pixelated Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GT (Albatron) on a 19" 8ms LCD
    S2000, then the Evo... Supras (well all turbos) cost too much to insure.

The S2000 beats a Porche Boxter S which suprised me, but its true - and you wont have to worry about a Turbo blowing - as many WRX's (and my friends RX7) have been victim to.

Apparently the S2000 is the quickest naturally aspirated (non-turbo) 4 cyl ever made, this kind of technology is usually seen in Formula 1 motors...

19. priz

priz Guest

Gotta go for the cubes. Hemi power. I own a 70 Challenger R/T but it's only a 383, and it's in about a million pieces.:D After that I'd go with the Skyline. When I was stationed in Japan I saw those things and I said it then and I'll say it now, if they build them for the states they'll sell the hell out of them, if they're priced right. I had a friend (local Japanese) who owned a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4, that car was something else. Just odd the different cars between there and here, I think just about everything over there was intercooled and turbocharged and most seemed to be awd. Later on he traded the Evo in on something else that had 5 valves per cylinder. Don't remember anything else about it but it sure would scoot.

I read an article on these cars, the ones from 2Fast2Furious, in I believe Sport Compact Magazine. These or I guess I should say those cars aren't fast.(of course this is relatively speaking, ie compared to what you think is fast) They tested six of them including the Yenko clone. BTW they said the Hemi Challenger was real. The Camaro was the fastest running about a 13.6 or 13.7. I think there was one more car in the 13's, maybe two but very high, ie 13.9s. Then there were a few in the low 14s. The rest were even slower. I wonder how fast the cars in the first movie were, anybody know? I'm going to guess alot slower than they tried to make them appear, ie 140-150mph.....my @ss.

20. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    hmm don't know about any technichal details but i would deffenitely go for the mitshubish evolution