Asus Rog Phoebus released!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ESlik, May 15, 2012.

1. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I just ordered mine from NCIX. It took a bit of time,but the're out now. I'm very curious as to how this sound card compares to the Xonar Xense. I will soon find out,and report my impressions.

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    One thing is, it doesn't have a op-amp socket like your Xense does, but if you have no plans of never rolling op-amps then that will not effect you.

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I wasn't aware of that. I never get into changing or modding a sound card. I don't know how. I am very curious as to how it compares to the Xense in games. An expensive way to satisfy my being curious,but what the hell,It is,what it is. Thanks GenClaymore.

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm currently waiting for reviews to decide if I want to buy this. Its pretty expensive but I do love my sound.

5. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Awesome, can't wait to hear what you think of it! If the sound quality holds up, which it should, it would be pretty great to have that headphone console thingie...

6. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
  7. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thanks. Looks easy enough. I never had any good reason to change anything in any of the sound cards I have. Purolator tracking says my ROG is on the truck for delivery! Won't be long now.

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    When you get it can you upload the drivers, I wanted to see if I could ini mod them for my card to see if i can get any of the stuff working. Since the only difference between chips that I see that its native pci-e .

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm having a bit of a problem. The cd that came with it is NG. When I click on "driver" to start the install procedure,nothing happens. It stays on "driver" no matter what I try. I will call Asus,or contact support by email,and get another driver cd. Piss me off or what! I will get back here later. I'm going to try a few other things in the meantime.

10. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    NNNNNGGGGGG---

Man I feel for you. I mean, I'm totally pissed that I can't hear about it from you, let alone being in your shoes lol...

11. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Try their website directly; they probably have the driver posted somewhere on there...

12. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
  13. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
  14. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    After several hours of back and forth with Asus,it ends up with them exchanging my sound card. I could wait and download drivers whenever they decide to post them,return the card to NCIX for a refund,or have the card replaced. I opted to wait for the card from Asus. Oh well,back to my trusty Xense.

15. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    wait, how does replacing the card help you if you still can't install the drivers?

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea if any thing all they should had done was give you working software. Because that don't make sense to do a card rma if all that's doing it is software.

17. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Some sound card software searches for compatible hardware before it will even install, I had a problem with this one time. Perhaps it is the same here.

Just as easily could be dopey-ass customer support.

18. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    That's all I wanted in the first place. A CD. NCIX wouldn't,or couldn't send a cd. They would exchange the card,but I pay shipping. Asus wouldn't send just a cd either. That ain't how they do things,I guess. Asus will send me another new unit,and they are paying shipping. All I wanted was a way to get the drivers installed..Almost seven hours of crap,and I have to wait for the card from Asus. By the way,Asus won't ship my new card,til they recieve my "faulty" card. That adds up to about two more weeks before I can try this sound card. Go figure..

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    For those interested, stay tuned to the Guru3D Audio Lab for an upcoming full review of the Phoebus.

20. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm interested,considering I had one IN my PC already. Any Idea when you will post your review? Maybe I could learn something before my new card arrives. Thanks.