AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    wth, nerds christmas is 24/7/365.

Santa is here all year long.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. pixoide

pixoide Guest

GPU:
    Powercolour HD5850
    :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  3. chest_rockwell

chest_rockwell Guest

GPU:
    cfire 5850 1gb
    hey all.. whats going on.. hope you doin well ppl
    I like to ask something.
    Right now I am using single 5850 and the reason I got rid of cfx setup is electric bill. I also rolled my oc to default of sb2500..
    so..this 7000series is on its way. Will there be a card can outperform 5850 performance YET remain consuming half of its wattage or something similar?

I saw some charts of BF3 ultra setting benchmark and it didnt look good to me. BF3 maybe the first game shows us what dx11 really can do and 7000 series still cant maxout the game with decent framerates. paying 500$ and getting same fps doesnt look good at all. I am convinced to not to ask more performance cuz its obvious they dont make good chip, just gonna cut down the wattage of chips etc until next gen consoles.. and also there are no games to play with these monster cards too..

4. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Done, delete.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

5. Assyb

Assyb Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 4890 in CFX
    TwL, you still in this thread and forum? Just checking back to this thread after a while and see no new posts from TwL in months. Still wondering what the best AMD drivers are for xfire these days, and also if TwL is still working on drivers.

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, they cut some of the branches and this topic has been dead for a while. I'm still following it and cooking as said before something new to add, but there's not much atm I can do. Addition of OCL 1.2 would be nice and would be nice to have at least 1 dx9 driver still, but seems we'll never see such again or dunno where the other branch is buried. I'm not sure will there actually be another version of my drivers as long this continues plus the fact I don't own an HD7 GPU to test.

For past sometime I've been looking at something a bit scary code.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. Assyb

Assyb Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 4890 in CFX
    Good to see you're still around TwL. Thanks for the reply. Will wait a while to see what AMD comes up with I guess. Maybe by version 13.? they will get them perfect. :p :3eyes: :leave:

8. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Nah, they actually build the branches more to the beta/alpha trees. Some of the huge enhancements are added and usually those are tested to better core driver / better stable driver. All WHQL drivers are kinda useless as they use same branch (which the new effects/improvements are added), but the problem most likely is we haven't see (or I haven't simply noticed since now days rare) there being an alpha/beta core driver released after the series 12 started flowing might too be that I simply missed it at 12.2 since I think that was last core which had positive effect on a bit tweaking. :)

9. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
    I'm seeing some nice gains in Diablo 3 from using ye olde 5.10 drivers of yore. :thumbup:

DX9 specific games I always switch back to TwL's 5.10 gem.

I'm still using your cleaner with current drivers, would there be any need for an update on the genetix cleaner build or is it still doing the do?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Interesting.
    Can I use the drivers only for some games-copy the DX9 files from the drivers?
    If yes, which files I need?
    Like with OpenGL and file atiopenglxx.dll...

11. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
    I've just been running a clean install of the tweaked drivers.

Dug out another driver to test and it's running Diablo 3 even better than 510 driver, don't think it's listed in the OP.

genetix_final350_cfx_105-x64 is the folder name I have.

Diablo 3 would always hitch slightly while scrolling the playarea and the ingame AA would give a horrible blurred smear. I'm running x8 edge detect, high quality x16 AF and adaptive AA all singing nicely locked at 60fps vsync. Butter smooth scrolling and very nice quality sharp image.

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Basically the cleaner was after something like v4.xx updated to progress by existing style so cleaner should still be golden. using the last one is
    recommended. Only thing the cleaner might miss is some ocl files possibly and there was some extra paths on 11.9 or something so if that was ever
    installed there might be extra path under programdata folder.

Anyway other than that should be working just fine.

No it won't work that way, you have either DX9 or DX10-11 core driver (although coming closer together lately by 12.1 and 12.3-4 to be combined).
    Ideally you could boost up DX10-11 in DX9 driver branch. As what goes to OpenGL yes you should be able to update OpenGL alone but unless you are
    simply looking for extensions (which driver has to understand also) you also will need the driver processsing files to get the boost of driver X on driver Y
    you are building. File you are indicating or atiogl32.dll would actually be the file you could as well drop on your application folder and it would be used
    thanks for Windows Vista (for like older OGL which works pretty well).

--

As for Diablo 3 subject.. Yes, my old builds would actually run Diablo 3 better and smoother as it's not developed to be the latest and greatest in
    technical sense, but uses same optimizations used back when I was testing the modded drivers I build. Ideally best driver to run diablo 3 is the last
    driver branch released which was optimized for DX9. (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=362726 <- this probably is from correct branch of driver
    which probably again is really bad on any DX10-11 titles)

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  13. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
    Aye, running 12.4a with 12.4 cap 1 at the moment and it performs much like the 350_cfx I was using earlier.

Scrolling in Diablo 3 has a very slight judder in comparison but it is minor, I'm more than happy with a modern driver that performs this good with DX9 in crossfire. Looks like these 12.4a's are keepers.

14. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i think benik wanted to mix & match dlls on a per game basis, which i do all the time already with great results (like fixing borderlands CF, fixing sparkling dots in UDK, old opengl games that break on newer drivers, etc)

one day i will look at twl's files

15. Assyb

Assyb Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 4890 in CFX
    I would like to try out the 12.4's also, as we have the same card. I still use the old 10.4's mostly because they seem to run all the old stuff and most of the new stuff just fine. Where can I dload TwL's last cleaner from?

16. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Yes. I made it with Rage and file atioglxx.dll.
    Maybe I will try to copy all of the files and see, if it will have some effect :D

17. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
    Listed in the OP, Genetix Cleaner v4.91.

18. Assyb

Assyb Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 4890 in CFX
    I see the link for it but the files seem to have been removed on the other dload site.

Edit: Nvm, I already had this file, but after extraction the folder is called (gpuclean), that is why I didn't think I had it. Never used it yet though.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  19. Assyb

Assyb Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 4890 in CFX
    ^^^ :pc1:

20. Gorki

Gorki Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1800XL 256Mb
    TwL any heads up with new driver sets? Still messed up? Are you still looking HD7xxx series beta testers? If you could find any good starting point PM I will gladly help you as much as I can.
    Cheers.:)