does your CCC crash after a gaming?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by chinkgai, May 16, 2012.

1. chinkgai

chinkgai Member

I've had this issue with pretty much every version of ccc in about a year or so that I can remember of. I've changed everything during the course of this year, from the video card to a fresh install of windows to different versions of ATI drivers.

The problem is before a game, I usually adjust the fan setting via Overdrive so it runs cooler during gaming. After a game, when I launch CCC again to change the fan setting back, it'll crash and the windows message that says "this program has stopped responding, do you want to close it. blah blah" comes up. if i try again and again, it'll usually work after the 2nd or 3rd time. not a huge issue but definitely annoying.

im currently using 12.4 whql but it's been like this forever. recently reinstalled win7 x64 too. fully updated. still have this problem.

what gives?

2. Irocing

Irocing Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 OC Edition
    Posting system specs would be a start as those that might help would
    get an idea of what your working with.

Just a suggestion.

Later:)

3. chinkgai

chinkgai Member

thanks but like i said, i've gone through several different cards/installs of os's, and even mobo/cpus. i dont think hardware is the culprit since the issue has been recurring forever.

4. Irocing

Irocing Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 OC Edition
    I've thought that before also,

But like I said, It would help if you posted them if you want help.

Later:)

5. chinkgai

chinkgai Member

sure thang, for giggles:

my most recent build is
    i5-3570k
    ati 7970
    z68xp-ud5
    8gb ram
    corsair force gt ssd
    corsair 850w psu

windows a fresh install and fully updated from a week ago (winx64 sp1)

6. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Nm..

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Is it only when you set the fan speed, or does it happend too when you just open CCC after close a game ?

In case, you can too use MSI Afterburner or Trixx for set the fan speed ( if it is related to this .. )

8. chinkgai

chinkgai Member

well the thing is, before when i had a 5970 instead of this current 7970, it also did it. back with the 5970, i only adjusted fans because that thing was a space heater. with the 7970, i occasionally adjust just the fan and occasionally adjust both clocks and fan.

it crashed in the same behaviour with both the 5970 and the 7970. different builds of windows.

i'm not a nub when it comes to troubleshooting things either but for some reason, i cant figure out this problem.

9. chinkgai

chinkgai Member

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    As Lane mentioned why not use Afterburner to control fan speed?

11. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I dont know, never face it, but maybe it is something related to the fan speed modification and the idle state, when exit the game... Look strange as i dont see any report with it.. have you another specifc third party software related working at this time ? ( like TS, skype, or a message board, or any game community soft )... any specific monitor, tv setting ( dual screen etc )?

hard to find the cause, i hate this type of little problem, as if not reported by many, it is hard to find the cause..

Anyway try do the same with Afterburner.. if it dont bring the same problem, you have an easy and free fix. ( or any 3th party software given by your gpu brand )

12. chinkgai

chinkgai Member

well i suppose i can try another third party program but im not looking for an alternative as much as i am wondering why this problem keeps occuring. and is it just me?

im not running dual monitors, or any gaming software like skype or whatnot. the only thing common that has been running across all these builds have been FRAPS and my 30" dell monitor