NVIDIA GeForce 301.40

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 15, 2012.

1. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    i don't know if this is Nvidia's driver issue or the Tera Code... I think it's two issues though...

One is the 6xx GPU Utilization Issue which 5xx didn't have. Then there is the UI stuttering issue...

Btw, do you have the link to a post where they promise it'll be fixed? I've already sent En Masse's tech support a ticket. But it'll help if I have something to point to them that they are promising to fix.

The game does literally become unplayable after 4-5 hour session without a game restart because the stutter/freeze becomes massive like some 2-3 freeze...

2. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    " I wand to see what my 680 cards can really do "

What we need is some real Next Gen DX11 games. I don`t give a ratz azz about older or existing games. I want some NEW games that justify the need for my 680.

3. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I thought BF3 has DX 11 native support?

4. themaster(6th)

themaster(6th) New Member

GPU:
    gtx 295
    when did arma2 crash ? in game or direct on start ? did you use the
    programm "bluescreenview" to read what causes the bluescreens ?

its a free software. is it possibe you look into it with that bluescreenview
    and tell me what causes the crashes.

and btw. arma2 is the best game around ;) and with dayz its a bomb :D

5. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Witcher 2 maxed out?

6. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Witcher 2 is not a Dirext X 11 game. DX9 only.

7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Did anyone try the Quadro's to see if theres any difference?

8. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Testing these now. Gaming seems good, IQ good, and clocks are ok... Let's see for the longer run!

9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    As I said, I want some new games. Aliens Colonial Marines. Mechwarrior Online. FarCry 3....

10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    hehe sorry to say all high end cards are useless nowadays, i once wanted to get the best but seeing the next series midrange card crashed my high end old series convinced me to spare money and frustration:p
    i just buy one mid-mid high per year and i'm fine as far i can play 50-60 fps(depends really if is enough for u obviously).
    The market fools all, but in terms of real utility,don't give us more than we have already cause software is always one step behind hardware, sadly.
    u cannot buy the best when pc market is in continuing evolution, and new models come out so frequently but the games are already "old" and gpus cannot show their true potential.

11. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    A gm told me ingame when i was playing beta and reported the issue...maybe is discussed somewhere too

12. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    0x000010C1 seems to do the same IQ but has about 10-20% lower GPU utilization for me. 0x000010C1 seems to hover in the 50-80% area for me.

0x00020041 kept spiking to 99% and didn't seem like it was adding anything to make that worth while.

EDIT forgot to mention that is using SGSSAA. Were you using MSAA?

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can I get your graphic settings used in these games?

14. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Well, my current drivers has made Firefox hang the whole system twice. I guess it can't hurt to try these.

15. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i got a some boost on 3DM11 and been playing BF3 smooth no problems

funny thing is that i get more score on a bit less clocks

see pics

[​IMG]

new driver a bit less clocks rest all the same as above untouched

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

16. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I totally agree with you. It's not much of a coincidence, we have both 560Ti cards. And I'm very pleased with it! Before I had a Radeon 5670 (also a midrange card). Next will be whatever nvidia 760ti/radeon8770 card, as performance/price will go. I bought a geforce 9800GTX back when it was top of line, just for it to die on me and make me waste hundreds of bucks.

The only top videocard I have now is a Geforce 6800 on my older rig. Still plays Mass Effect 1 & 2 on it, like a charm! :)

17. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    LOL I thought that was normal, hovering around 58-62, I have noticed the stuttering but thought that was an SLI thing.

Will try these drivers now.

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Great news for those who use display scaling. It's working like a charm on these drivers! Very clear image, no distortion, fonts sharp, all great!

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    For the Heroes of Newerth issue, could I get your in game graphic settings and any overrides in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Does this occur in the beginning of the game as well? Last but not least, is your "Power Management Mode" in the NVIDIA Control Panel set to "Performance"? If not, please try to set it to "Performance" in the Manage 3D settings panel.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  20. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    There's some performance issues with Tera, but it's usually related to CPU or drivers. Honestly, even when I had my GTX680 on my old Q9450, I never dropped below 24 fps in Velika. Out in the fields, it would never go below 45fps, and this was at 2560x1440 with 2xAA + FXAA. Now that I have a 2500k, my fps never drops below 45, period. Disabling AA and keeping it with FXAA nets me a constant 60fps on the 301.24 betas.

The performance could be better, but it's far from unplayable. It's nothing like the infamous BFBC2, Rage, or Skyrim issue that AMD was having with their drivers.