NVIDIA GeForce 301.40

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 15, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Gives me same performance in heaven bench and 3d mark as 301.33 driver.

2. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    ive had a BSOD 4a (ARMA2 DayZ), and a BSOD 1a (Diablo 3) with these drivers.
    I don't get any usually. I installed via custom / clean install.

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I work for NVIDIA. Can I get your graphic settings so I can take a look? Screen resolution?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    http://i.imgur.com/NzQuF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yxIbG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oEcRU.jpg

vsync off
    GPU usage at 99%

i don't know if its the game , or the already reported dx9 performance in general.

when i used 301.40 driver, everything was stuttering like crazy in game, when zombies popped up, it would freeze up for 1-2 seconds. rolled back to 300.83, stuttering is still there but not as bad.

i ran heaven unigine bmark, and lost around 3 fps in dx 11 and 4 fps in dx 9 bmark, with dx9 getting 15 fps less than dx 11, and 10fps less than dx10

there is also evident stutter in heroes of newerth, as example play amun ra and do the combo q+w, there is a little micro stutter between spells, also when tortuter does his spell combo

once again hon is a dx9 game

5. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Still has the 3D clocks bug for me. :bang:

6. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Arrgh wanna swap my cards for yours *-*. Damn, I'm so pissed I didn't go for the 2GB version at the time >.> The cards are great, the only thing holding me back is the lack of vRAM :(

I'll wait for the official 300 series release without all the annoying bugs...

7. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    Could you report this internally if it has not already been bugged?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Specific to the GTX 680 on any 301.xx branch drivers:

In dx9 U3 engine games during complex scenes I get a huge drop in GPU utilization that I can't replicate on my GTX 580.

Usage will drop to under <40% and the card will go into a non performance power state. FPS will drop to unplayable rates. If I use a utility to look at kernel threads, the nvidia kernel mode driver is spiking CPU use during this time. If I drop my old GTX 580 in, no problems during the same scenes.

Some titles impacted by this are the U3 mmo games: Tera, Guild Wars 2, DCUO, etc.

Tried the latest developer driver and still have the issue. Driver 301.40(r301_07-60)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

8. miguel

miguel New Member

ManuelG, is the new driver (Unified Whql, as you stated in NVIDIA forum) still coming in a few days?
    Thanks in advance.

9. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I can confirm performance issue on the GTX670 (on 301.34 driver) regarding Unreal 3 Engine MMOs. Tera in particular. The game never utilize over 70% of GPU. Even when frames drop to 30-35 on my GTX 670 @ 1080p reso (which shouldn't happen....) the GPU usage is at like 40-60% still. however, clock speed are all boosted.

Also, there is HUGE stutter when trying to open menu when the game is on for more than an hour or two. Though I suspect this a problem with the game's code not the driver... but who knows...

10. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    I notice this driver makes some of the W7's windows transparent edge look thiner, like those in Windows 8. It's odd, but I find them to be quite nice :D

Oh, and it's funny how we now have DirectX11.1 in all DirectX11 enabled GPUs, but we don't have the DX11.1 runtime from Microsoft.

11. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    good to know then it was placebo for me, but how do you even get 70% GPU Utilization, my OCed GTX 680 never gets over 20% only if applying at least 2x SGSSAA the Utilization goes up to 70-80% BUT i don't gain any fps which should be clear but funny fact is, the frames aren't dropping like a rock if something is going on on the screen.

and btw
    Did you tried disabling your UI in-game? For me it boosts my FPS about 60-80 and the issue only existed after the last Tera CBT :3eyes:

12. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Can confirm 3D clocks bug for me to , Rolling back to 296.10 again .:bang::bang::bang::bang:

13. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Tera don't take normal AA sampling methods. You have to use compatibility profile, none of which I found work well... However, Tera can use FXAA (which works on everything).

And I am using GTX 670 not GTX 680. That's why maybe I am having bit better GPU usage (around 70% peak)? My old GTX 570 is 90% usage average on Tera which is about right, and 99% when during intense... but the GTX 670... not so >_>

I've tried several profiles for Tera:

Starcraft II - best looking, not so good performance
    Bioshock - Ok look, ok performance
    mass effect 2/3 - Ok look, better performance
    Elder Scroll - ok look, better performance

I haven't tried other profiles yet... but none of them give better performance than forcing FXAA... but even with FXAA my GPU usage never goes pass 70%...

And that opening/closing UI stutter is massively annoying.

14. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    Same here....

15. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    best driver for me! very nice IQ in BF3! upgrade from .34

16. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    because it was asked, here is the best AA compatibility bit for Tera:

0x00020041 (Nurien-Mstar, Huxley, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Turok, Hour of Victory, Fury)

also, you guys talking about the interface lag in Tera. that's separate from the low utilization issue I'm describing and can be replicated on any config, ATI included.

however, I noticed if you're using the SMAA injector it makes the UI lag worse due to CPU pegging.

17. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    i'm laughing cause this was already a known issue in beta and they promised to fix in the release launch...if u play without the interface ull see u have no issues at all, and maxed out fps. Seems the interface conflicts with the game dropping the fps a lot...i'm glad i didn't buy the game,cause was unplayable already in beta and there is no point playing it without interface

18. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    I still can't get nVidia Inspector custom program profile work with 301.xx drivers...

19. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    not signed for me. No matter it seems to be a good driver.
    gtx680 sli

3dmark11 X6314 keeper

:banana:

20. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    i also noticed something peculiar in diablo 3, when there are lots of enemies on screen, the gpu usage drops by about 30%. don't know what to make of it, ihave quad core 4.4 ghz pc....hardly a cpu bottleneck