NVIDIA GeForce 301.40

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 15, 2012.

1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Glad the shutdown bug is fixed... really wish the VSync Stutter bug would get fixed. I really hope that makes it in the next driver!

2. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    What vsync stutter bug?

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Apparently the v-sync stutter bug is not that big of a problem, so im not surprised they havn't fixed it yet, they are probably working on issues with a higher priority.

4. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    So i'll give the .40s a go tonight.... .34s were great drivers...if there wasn't this bug!

I had a stuttering problem with the .34s...switching cpu-multithreading in bios to "off" did the job! :cyclone:

Last edited: May 15, 2012

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah its not a huge problem, but it is still annoying. Not sure if it only happens on the GTX600 series or it is just a 300.xx series driver bug.

6. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    this driver is very slow in anything other than BF3, really bad performance on my gtx 680 in diablo 3, as well as the worst stutter i've encountered in 300 series yet

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    this a diablo 3 driver? any fix for skyrim's missing AO yet? :(

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's a GTX 6x0 series issue only that causes intermittent stuttering due to the driver polling used in the GPU Boost feature. What happens is that instead of a relatively undemanding game maintaining 60 fps with v-sync on, it will fluctuate between 58 and 60 fps or even drop to 55 fps then go back to 60 fps. When this happens it causes a minor stutter that some people notice more than others. These are games that run well above 60 fps with v-sync off by the way.

NVIDIA have acknowledged the problem and apparently found a fix for it but it'll be at least a month before we see a driver with this issue resolved. That means the GTX 680 will have been out almost three months by then, which will surely be frustrating/annoying for those people eagerly awaiting a fix for it.

9. Ouranos

Ouranos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 675M
    Notebook driver still doesn't support GTX 675M :bang: Can anyone modify files?? (W7 Ultimate X64)

10. killfactor

killfactor Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    Dont think its a 6x8 only issue... on my GTX570 I recently noticed that the fps graph in msi afterbuerner is constantly jumnping between 57ish to 62ish... its not stable and flat like it used to be in most games that can easily achieve 60fps.

This goes for Skyrim, TDU2, BF3 etc... I noticed the stutter and its annoying but playable.... but def occurs on my GTX570.

Also my GPU does not clock down when at desktop, can anyone confirm if these fix this issue? If they do I'll take the plunge, if not then the current drivers are fine for me.

11. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    These Drivers Are Actually Pretty Good :) Gained 100 Points in 3DMark 11 lol now i got p17244 and Also Games Tested, Rift, BF3, Batman Arkham City, Tera Online All stutter Free so far. Downloading Diablo 3 hopefully these drivers are good for it.

12. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    I hope this aint a Diablo3 driver as the performance is apalling

Seems blizzard have no fixed known FPS issues from the beta. Lots of ppl getting massive fps spikes and awful performance. Im using this driver right now and the game is running as if im running it on a poxy console! either random drops to 30fps or screen tearing all over the place if i disable vsync. Heard the .24 drivers work better so about to try those.

Hopefully blizzard or nvidia will fix this gamebreaking bug asap.

13. ferdy

ferdy Guest

GPU:
    gtx980 TI hybrid
    do y use two monitors of a diffrent resolution...the unhook the side monitor and voila...because of the 2 diffrent resolutions it will stay in low 3d power...i had the same problem with my GTX580 dr cII,on my 23 inch(1920-1080) & 19 inch(1280-1024)...got rid of the other monitor and my gtx580 clocked down again...

14. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    nope .24 drivers didnt fix the fps issues with diablo3. Guess its totally blizzards fault. Dam them to hell!!!!

15. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    tl;dr

has somebody already tried if this fixes the low fps bugs in TERA with a 680? DL takes time

edit: stays same ingame, but dunno if placebo but the controls feels a bit better, faster

16. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I've just installed this driver and it fixed the driver stopped responding i've had in all other 300 series drivers on my GTX680. I was getting the driver stopped responding after a short blank screen every time I booted into windows. Also Youtubve seems to play smooth with this driver. All other 300 series drivers was giving me stuttering even with my GTX580. I havent tested any games yet but everything that is GPU accelerated in firefox is a lot smoother now.

17. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    people with the 680 try bf3 yet? Looking to get a bit smoother and I aM NOT home yet.

18. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    nope. some nvidia guy said he filed a bug report in regards to low performance in dx9 on their forums

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Try the console command sys_maxfps # and enter what you want your fps to be, also remember to disable vsync.

I dont think the engine is limited to 100fps, a friend of mine has 3 GTX580's in SLI and at 1080p in certain scenes he pulls in around 180fps.

20. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    Guild Wars 2 (dx9) also has this same bug on the GTX 680. GPU use drops <40% and the clock drops to 1006mhz down from boost speeds.

Seems to effect a lot of U3 games.

I can swap in my GTX 580 and won't get this idling issue.