Enablecrossfireautolink registry key?? Enable or disable?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by moheban79, May 13, 2012.

1. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Anyone know what Enablecrossfireautolink registry key does? I have performance issues so I am currently turning off all 'enableulps' and setting them to 0 as I need to disable and enable crossfire to get performance. Could that be because enablecrossfireautolink is 0??

Thanks

2. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    do not touch it

3. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    oops

I kind of did and enabled each and everyone. This time disabling enabling xfire did not nothing to bring back performance. Rolled back to 12.3 and now have all cores running at full speed :)

4. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    thats a zer0 help mate...

5. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    If you don't know what you're doing in the registry keep your fingers out! Drivers will work 99 times out of 100 right out of the box. The only time you need to mess around in the registry is if you're doing some tweaking or tinkering, and if you're having performance issues then I assume it's to do with previous tinkering/tweaking. Try your best to revert everything back to stock/default and then see if you're still having issues.

6. mcfart

mcfart Guest

GPU:
    HD 5970
    As said, modifying the registry is generally not a good idea, and even if you know what you're doing, you should only change one or two things at a time then see the results.

As for your question, the new drivers let you disable Crossfire, so did you try them?

7. momashi

momashi Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 3GB
    Not to be a troll guys but your anwers are just infantilizing and disrespectful. The OP has a right to be curious about his registry and this place (a forum, a place of learning and exchanging ideas) is the place for him to ask. It's not a place for some smart asses to be slapping him on the fingers and telling him that he shouldn't touch that as if he was a child.

OP, if you want to expreriment with the rigistry, you have to keep a record of what you do and provide yourself a way of backtracking. You can do that by using the export function in reg edit, select Export Key only (not the whole registry). This way you can export the key that has the entry that will be edited before and after making the changes so that you can keep a backup of the values. You should also make one or two changes at a times to see their effects. I would research an entry very thoroughly before changing it. Should any changes you make prevent you windows to startup, you can use safemode to backtrack, if safe mode doesn't start you can use use this link (http://superuser.com/questions/690982/edit-another-windows-installs-registry) to edit your windows registry from another windows or install media.

After a good hour of searching through forums, it doesn't seem to me that anyone in the forums knows what EnableCrossFireAutoLink does or even what Crossfire Autolink is. Disabled by default, I think I'm going to try enabling it and see if I can figure out what it does.

That is not true, there are tons of tweaks and fixes recommended by top IT professionals (even by Microsoft fixit pages) that involve registry edits.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not trying to be funny but...

Thread R.I.P