Forced Vsync with AMD Drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Xzibit, Apr 9, 2012.

1. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

may be you have a driver release with a bug in vsync option, but what i say that the option for vsync in d3d it's present and "usually" working in CCC, no need for third party apps to enable vsync.

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Restored my system, tried D3DOverrrider - all is OK, vsync works :D
    Thanks to Rich_Guy for that tool :banana:
    Well, Vsync from CCC doesn't work for D3D apps here, maybe they will fix it soon!

3. Law-II

Law-II Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080ti Extreme
    Hi

"And another question: If I'll switch to another task for game with forced Vsync wiith D3Doverrider and back to the game, vsync will work?
    With Radeon Pro, sometimes it daoesn't work correct. It(vsync) may be disabled when I switch back to game."

With you on this one, some games and applications do not like being "alt tab"ed and seem to loose v-sync lock, some and some

atb

Law-II

4. jarckendar

jarckendar Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon x1650 DDR3 256
    So AMD even now that is on catalyst 12 has not yet fixed the vsync? I'd love to see it fixed one day, and they really impress me with their catalyst interface, it does look better than the nvidia, I don't know what keeps AMD so much from fixing their vsync to work as is on nvidia though. :( And I'm planing on getting an amd laptop no matter if the vsync is fixed or not.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Glad you got it sorted :D

6. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    While the Vsync Option in there is for D3D and OpenGL, since windows Vista the guide lines from MS is not to have driver forced Vsync in D3D, AMD followed and NV has not..

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    yes, the vsync setting stays within microsoft specs

not to worry, d3doverrider does seem to work great

8. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Yes, since Vista v-sync has not worked properly with ATI cards... Keeping to what Microsoft has suggested. My question is, WHY?

This is why I have ATI Tray Tools, to force v-sync.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They should have just broke the rule like Nvidia, still Overrider works fine, so its no biggie.