Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Heres the sad thing: Theres a LOT of unused audio files that indicate there was a much larger ending planned at one point in time, which is one of the reasons its obvious the ending was significantly cut down late in development. True or not, the belief that happened is whats fueling fan outrage.

The ending as it is now is simply horrible.

2. andybls

andybls Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5850
    I really liked the ending of sacrificing my life to save the universe and become a true legend !!

3. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Couldn't agree more. Freakin' rainbow color choices.

Not to mention, after all the hardship, Shepard should be allowed to live in more than just the "destroy" ending (where EDI and the geth are unnecessarily wiped out). The series was NOT a tragedy, and Shepard was NOT written as a tragic character - he's always written as a legendary/victorious hero, and to change that all of a sudden is both poor literary writing and just...dumb. The world and life has enough suffering and pain - I want all my stories to have happy, uplifting endings. I need that, as do many others. I almost never like ANYTHING with an unhappy ending, especially where a good guy main character dies. Shepard deserves his vacation after doing nearly everything and saving the galaxy over and over. Effort and good deeds should always be rewarded.

Plus, he already died once. Killing him twice is stupid.

And my rant doesn't even mention the plot inconsistencies and randomness of the ending, with Joker and friends on that random planet, etc.

- PR-0927

4. Prag

Prag Guest

GPU:

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Nice. I'm all for free DLC.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Enough with the MP stuff, BioWare! I want some single player stuff! But at least this is free...

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I hope they do a DLC from that one comic. Cant remember the name of it, but it's when Omega gets taken over by Cerberus.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yea free stuff is always great, but I too got bored of the MP, havent played for over a month. I hope for some SP DLC, free or payed just... giiiive! :nerd:

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I just hope it's more than 2 minutes worth of cut scenes. I've known about that for quite some time (that voice actors were recording). I think Sbarge was the first to tweet about it.

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Mass Effect 3 Writer Distance Himself From Game Ending, Blames Casey Hudson

BioWare writer Patrick Weekes is distancing himself from Mass Effect 3′s ending in wake of the massive scandal that’s rocked the franchise in recent days, making clear that he and other writers were literally ex-communicated when it came to writing the game’s ending, while executive producer Casey Hudson took charge, neglecting their many protests on how the trilogy should conclude.

The post was first written on Penny Arcade where Weekes is a frequent visitor known as user Takyris, but it was deleted and several other posts with quotes from the original post have been edited to steer clear of the controversial comments, however a screencap of Weekes’ comments was captured and sent to Gameranx by an anonymous source.

Here’s the entire text, unadulterated, giving great insight into what took place in the final days of Mass Effect 3′s development:

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/03/...himself-from-game-ending-blames-casey-hudson/

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  13. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I'm with you on the multi-player. IMO, it gets old pretty quick and just doesn't have any lasting appeal!

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It seems like Bioware threw the 2 maps together, because they looks like sh!t. I guess we're getting what we paid for. Oh wait..... :nerd:

15. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Rumor: Mass Effect 3 DLC details leak out

New information about Mass Effect 3′s upcoming downloadable content has leaked out. The details come from a Reddit user who provided an accurate forecast regarding previous DLC.

The leak in full:

Mass Effect 3: Earth:

The fighting is fiercest when it’s your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut:

An expanded ending for Mass Effect 3. Additional scenes and an extended epilogue reveal the impact of Shepard’s choices on the future of the galaxy.

Players can expect both DLC content to be made available this summer.
    Source

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    le gay. :nerd:

At least we're getting some more maps that are free.

17. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    hmm lets see if they come soon, cause i just started my first ME3 Walkthrough and just made peace between the Geth and the Quarians, everything went better than expected :)

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm still on ME2 - 20hrs in so far...

19. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    how far are you right now? finished ME2 3 days ago and i needed 35h with all DLCs and about 3/4 Sidemissions completed.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I just started ME 1 again......lol

Ran through ME 1 on the 360 when it came out, then the special edition of ME 2 came out on the PS3 with all the DLC on the disc, so i played that version and had to lose all my work on ME 1 on the 360......then they mess up the PS3 version of ME3 so now i'm back on ME1 on the 360 making my charactor to take through al three games again.

And you know what......i am enjoying it.........i missed a lot of stuff in ME 1 the first time round......picked up the 2 disc version of ME1.

Hopefully by the time i get round to ME3 there will be a GOTY edition. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.