AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.97 April 18) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    I think UAC needs to be disabled in Windows for that one to work properly. I'd still be very careful with cleaners. I was a strong supporter of Driver Cleaner for the longest time, then I got a Crossfire setup and it nearly borked my whole machine when changing drivers.

I'm going to stick with the manual cleaning method from now on. It's especially good if you're going back and forth between betas and WHQLs all the time.

http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/h...l-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards

2. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    that's not because of mobility, it is because AMD forgot to put an essential .DLL for clocks to be registered as it should. find my post here and download the DLL it will solve your issues

3. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Atiman uninstaller use a software like Catalyst Install Manager to uninstall driver in the first step.
    Catalyst Install Manager uninstall ALL ATI/AMD software by default include and AMD chipset mobo driver, sound driver, USB driver etc.
    This is the problem with AMD chipset mobo users and not Atiman uninstaller.

In any case, disable IGP option from your mobo to resolve this issue.

Driver Sweeper, does not uninstall software, only delete values , keys and folders.
    Large performance problem if reinstall previous drivers and big issue for newer installations.

Disable system UAC first.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  4. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Anyone else having a problem keeping ATI Tray Tools open with these? it starts up and then closes... whats going on?? -Thanks

/edit Restart fixed it. Don't know why it happened but oh well. its cool now

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

5. Progeny

Progeny Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 DC2T @ 1300 MHz
    Can some 7900 series user confirm if the aa options get forced in their game, im using the modded package from benchmark3d but so far i can't notice any iq improvements or any difference for that mather when using MLAA,etc.

6. jtcodeman

jtcodeman Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7970
    I doubt anyone cares, but this is the ONLY driver that makes Greed: Black Border work properly for me with my 7970. Any other driver will only work if I change the settings to "software", so that most of the performance rely on the CPU which makes the game run like crap. With this driver, it runs great and I can change the settings to "hardware" without the game crashing after loading.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    maybe other old ~dx9b games are affected

progeny, why would you get the modded drivers when you already are on a 7900? you should spot if MLAA is working easily, just turn off MSAA & any other AA of a game

other forced settings to check would be vsync for opengl games & forcing AA+AF on an old game that comes without either (like hl1/counterstrike/etc)

8. jtcodeman

jtcodeman Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7970
    Just tried RAGE with this driver, and I think it's broken. The FPS gets capped at 30 FPS when VSYNC is enabled in game, and 38 FPS when it's disabled. Weird bug, it runs at 60 fps with the previous drivers.

9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    LoL

please just stop posting more problems/bugs, its just unbearable xD
    It'll make me want to go to Nvidia ASAP xD

10. bighead147

bighead147 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 5650m 1GB
    that dll not working for me. I have still 499/799 :confused:

11. cesaroco

cesaroco Guest

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD7970
    Do you use the latest cap with these or the ones that come with the driver?

12. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m
    mediafire.com is the best host. Free and fast for everyone.

use that to upload next time

13. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    I still find jumbofiles to be better. The UI is especially quicker and simplified, and when using download managers the speed is as good or better than mediafire :)

Sorry for OT :) Drivers are working fine BTW, couple fps more on some newest games compared to the old 12.4 beta...

14. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Best uninstaller for clean install?

Guys,

Everytime i try to install a new driver release i have to try installing it three times over before i have sucess. Going from 12.3 to 12.4 was a nightmare with losing picture requiring reboot and bsod uninstalling caps that pile up after each one. I tried using driver cleaner dot net and driver sweaper both but after installing the new driver my eyefinity setup didnt need to be reconfigured at all and was the same as before. You would expect that these driver cleaners would force the driver by deleting whatever registry key to reset the triple monitor setup?

So was wondering do you have to disable crossfire when installing new video drivers? Also whats the best driver cleaner for Ati - Atiman? I have an X58 board so there are no other ati devices besides video. Anyone else getting the same bsod issues? And can anyone play Skyrim with more than two gpus utilized in the game in Trifire mode?

Also have noticed logitech keyboard gaming software to conflict with driver install. Makes you want to go Nvidia thats for sure!

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    My logitech keyboard software works just fine with this...

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Why the **** does everyone keep saying about going Nvidia when they get problems with the AMD drivers, as though Nvidia do not have any, so thats why they are changing to them, well they ******* do, they have loads of problems, they are getting slated to buggery just like AMD, so can we please stop this crap!!!

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I totally agree. Too many fanboys hoping on the bandwagon to flame. Although Rich_Guy, it's the internet. It's most famous for flaming trolls that promote user error and blame a company for their unstable systems.

18. Johnny33

Johnny33 Guest

I can definitely see a trend lately. Most of us have been with AMD since forever, jumping the boat and finding out that we're basically on the same boat must suck.

Anyways I guess I talk for most of us when I say that when you have a problem the more details you give the better. "I'm on 12.4 WHQL and Crysis 2 doesn't work" won't cut it.

19. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Wanted to buy 680, but I ordered 7970.
    PhysX sh!t - you must buy another card as PPU, because you get low GPU usage when using PhysX in game or exclusive Nvidia ApeX :funny:
    Forced Vsync - well it's a good feature, but I can force it with Overrrider.
    Also, Nvidia and their partners puts cheap components on their cards, well card can die after soft overclock.
    Oh, I forgot - please ask Nvidia users, what is TDR :eyebrows:

20. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I agree, I have complained only when my system got really unstable in general. I won't be crying if there's buggy textures on a game.. lol
    I also think that driver making is not easy.
    I hope the new AMD driver team is working better.
    This wouldn't happen (nvidia vs AMD jibberish) if 3DFX was still here :)

There should be something like a kickstarter project for companies to revive ^^

3DFX for life bro