What kind of cat is this?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by T1tan, Apr 24, 2012.

1. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    I think he might be a French Chartreux cat, anyone good with cats? It's my cat btw, he's very intelligent! quite aggressive but knows when to stop, he literally knows to knock on the door so someone will open it. Knows who to mess/play with and who not to.

[​IMG]

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
  3. mr_47

mr_47 Guest

GPU:
    G RTX 3080TI GOC
    This should be russian blue or burmese.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Its a pussy cat!

Felis Catus

Quickly looked up Russian Blue and Burmese, it looks like neither! although its much closer to some variations of the Burmese.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yep^^^Pussy Cat^^^Thats All, Folks:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Its close relatives:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    My Rabbit knows to scratch at a door if it's shut and he wants to get in, he'll know if someones in the room at the other side and do it till you let him in, he's done it for so long I kind of take it for granted, do animals not normally do this?

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    American Shorthair?

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Pretty much, depending on the animal. It kind of becomes a 'trained instinct' more than doing it through intelligence. Its the same kind of thing as if an animal is hungry, it knows that it needs to eat. Your rabbit wants to go inside, it scratches on the door and you open it, effectively its training to rabbit to associate the scratching with the opening of the door.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Get out of here. It's training it's pet to open the damn door and feed it.:)

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Thats pretty much exactly what I said :) although I didn't associate the eating part properly with the rest of the statement!

12. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    No, his food, drink and toilet (yes my rabbit is toilet trained), are all in the room with him, he does it when he's bored and wants to watch TV with you, or explore the rest of the house (he likes to go up and sleep on the beds).
    So not just a basic instinct for food.

13. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560 Superclocked
    I'd say that is a Burmese Blue. Does he meow quite a bit? Does he fetch a ball if you throw one for him?

Don't go by many of the pictures on the internet (if you google for Burmese Blue) as the modern standard for these cats has changed a lot over the last 20 years and they tend now to have much more pug-like features than they traditionally did. You can still find these cats with their traditional features (which is what yours appears to be).

I've had 2 of them and they are brilliant cats. Both were house cats and the 2nd one lived to 21 years old. Behaviour is as you described - quite agressive but in a playful sense. You could chase him around the house and he'd go absolutely nuts with his back arched and tail all splayed out, sort of hopping up and down on all fours and spinning around. You could easily set him off by really quickly and firmly stroking the length of his back. Great cats.

14. Redawgc187

Redawgc187 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 X3
    Speaking of smart cats mine amaze me sometimes. I have two cats and have seen them work in tandem on multiple occasions to get what they wanted. I had put cat nip in the first drawer down from my kitchen counter top they both knew it was in there and tried on their own without any luck. It was in a drawer that had two handles to pull to open it if you pull on just one side it would jar a bit and not go any further. After each tried on their own for about a minute or two they then each used one paw to push the drawer just far enough to grab the catnip. Another time at our old house a bat some how got into the house through the attic and they would try and knock it down but the bat would fly away to quick then one jumped and smacked to the floor while the other grabbed it up real quick like a tag team wrestling match it was crazy. I then grabbed it and threw the bat out. There are just so many examples I have seen to make me believe that they do have more intelligence than they are given credit for. The one thing I cannot understand about this there seems to be a bit of communication going on between them but they do not even have to meow maybe they can pick up on each others body language much like they seems to understand me and my moods without saying anything. I can see why Egyptians thought there was something mystical about them

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Animals learn that if they do a certain action, we will perform a certain reaction

If they like that reaction they will keep doing it

I have two dogs, if you say "Park" or "Walk" they go nuts and run and get their lead's from the other room

So my Gf started spelling out P.A.R.K so they wouldn't understand and go nuts and after a few times of her doing that before they went out, they learned that when she spells that out it means they are going to the Park too

She said "The dogs can spell ! " I said, no, they are just associating you making those sounds P.A.R.K with going to the park now instead of actually saying the word.

Same when shes about to get back from work, about 5 minutes before she gets in I put the kettle on and make her a cuppa, the dogs have learned that at a certain time of the day, when I put the kettle on, shes getting home very soon and they always run to the front door waiting for her as soon as I make the coffee.

They learn, but its nothing more than association.

16. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    I think its basement cat.

17. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    it's emo metrosexual cat like the dude on the screen

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I had a cat that could open doors lol. It would jump and pull down on the lever handle. It also had a 6th sense. It knew what was on my mind when it was time for its monthly bath and would run and hide.

19. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    I've had quite a few cats in my day but never as intelligent and understanding as this one, and he's only a couple of months old and yet he's very stocky, smart, (agressive) but understanding. My girlfriend's cats are little spoiled retards that I just want to kick everytime I see because they are so dirty and untrained, they sh1t everywhere and do whatever they want and this guy is einstein compared to those two little idiots lol.

I just don't know if its a French chartreux, Russian blue, British shorthair or a Korat (the thaim burmese one)

the reason I want to know is because with my research they are all pretty different but can act the same (every cat is different) so I was wondering if anyone on here knew (i'm only on two forums and this is one of them, and I dont want to join a cat forum because it's filled with cat people that just want to be your weird friend..)

I need to make this bugger stop banzai attacking my feet and hands everytime I walk in front of him.

LOL my mom was visiting and sitting on my couch, so this guy was playing behind the couch, straight ninjajumps on my mom and punches her (without nails) in the face, scaring her to death and so she slapped the sh1t out of him and now he's scared to go near her when she visits, he stays behind my TV and watches her for hours... but when I give him a little tap for punishment he thinks i'm playing with him and gets more agressive, I dont have the heart (unlike my mother) to hit this animal but anyone got any punishment tips for these guys?

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Telling the difference between those 4 breeds, especially if it's only half of one of those, would likely be near impossible with seeing a cat breeder.