Blades of Time Uses DX9 E??

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by yosef019, Apr 19, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I think I'll wait and get this later. I was just looking at my library and noticed i have 18 games and only finished 3 of them. :p

The funny thing is, I bought L4D and L4D2 over a year ago and still havent played them yet. :nerd:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    it doesnt need a patch, its right there

[​IMG]

3. chuuey

chuuey Guest

lol this game plays like an pre-alpha version or something, i saw it at my friend's place, terrible lol ;) production quality is pretty damn low ;)

4. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    Que?

Imo it rocks, with nice FX and fur looks great too :D

It looks like a mix of Prince of Persia vs TombRaider meets DMC4.

5. chuuey

chuuey Guest

i hate the character animation, sorry but I really can't stand games with technical issues like that ;) maybe that's just me, but Konami can definetely do better - ie - compare it to the latest Castlevania for example, now that is a game :D

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I went ahead and bought it. I'll just add it to the other games I have yet to play. Maybe i'll get to it sometime next year. :D

7. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    True its not prefect.. Voice acting kinda sucks and I lol'd a bit when i saw her awkward running, but overall its still a cool game. She looks nice too lol:)

8. chuuey

chuuey Guest

;) hehe, try the Japanese audio, it's better than the English - at least that's what i think hehe :D

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Vsync does not work at all and the tearing is horrendous. Getting 120fps because the game seems to use only 1 thread so it's CPU limited pretty hard, it's barely even scratching at my GPU with all its settings maxed.

RadeonPro doesn't detect what it uses and can't force any settings on it properly. Trying to force vsync does nothing as expected and forcing an AA type causes the game to screw up.

The game itself is like it's still in the alpha stages, the game seriously seems incomplete. The voice acting is absolutely horrendous, I'll never understand how these people get jobs as voice actors. It's like she's intentionally trying to do as poor of a job as possible.

Those of you considering buying this game: Just don't do it. At least not until there are updates/fixes.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    120 is the max for framerate as far as I'm aware, voice acting is understandable albeit yes it's pretty poor though as this is a eastern European title (Gaijin entertainment or some such, same as X-Blades and I'm unsure who the publisher is.) and I think budget was pretty limited but that's just a guess, there's some alternatives to the voice acting language however and the default native (the non-English default I mean.) voices are pretty OK so I'm alternating between them (Russian I think.) and Japanese though the latter gets pretty noisy with all those high pitched voices and similar. :p

Finished it yesterday, last couple of boss battles and the amount of enemies thrown at you dragged out on things a bit longer than it probably should have but as with X-Blades the game is rather short though that's nothing new for these types of games although the environments and gameplay is much improved this time, took around seven hours all in all and the ending was pretty bad in my opinion but that's also nothing unexpected here although it's unfortunate, seems they're also keeping things open for a possible sequel eventually but we'll see.

Translation for the main game is pretty good though albeit not without flaws but in comparison the dismal swamp DLC seems to be only in English (Despite what language options you've chosen.) and both the text and voice acting are far worse than they were in the main game, it actually got pretty funny towards the end of that adventure with just how bad some of the dialogue got even if it was somewhat unintended.
    (Story isn't really this games strong point though it works I suppose.)

Didn't encounter any bugs and the game isn't demanding at all but the effects and such are pretty low-detail although overall it looks passable. :)
    (That parallax effect while nice really blurs out object detail as well.)

EDIT: Ah right VSync doesn't cap framerate, there's a separate option for that in the config file but it will lock FPS to 30 if used.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

11. Darkkiz

Darkkiz New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH6970 DCII 2048MB
    Finished it late last night, I give it a 6/10.
    Gameplay gets very repetitive fast but the ending is quite good.

Again a big thanks to dchalf10 for making this game work in the first place !
    Big thumbs up for you !

12. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    You're welcome. I was so pissed off when I couldn't get it to launch.

Lucky guess ;)

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Tried that as well, doesn't work. I can limit the framerate using Afterburner but I can't actually get anything to sync it.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Someone mentioned XP compatibility mode helped but I've not tried that personally, somewhat of a oversight of the developers if it works.
    (Or what else could be causing it to bug out if it works under XP.)

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    XP compatibility indeed does get vsync working... but vsync can't be forced any way that I know of without forcing an AA option as well, any AA breaks the game, none of the textures load properly.

Neither the CCC nor RadeonPro can force any settings without an AA mode being selected as well.

120fps doesn't really even feel much better than 60fps, the difference while playing isn't that much, however it makes 30fps feel laggy as hell (the intro screen caps at 30fps). Edit 2: I take that back, the game definitely feels worse at 60fps, especially turns. If the tearing wasn't so bad I'd leave vsync off.

Edit 1: It seems selecting Enhance rather than Override works, it forces the vsync but not the AA unless post processing AA (MLAA which looks like crap) is selected. But again it still needs XP mode to work, which is absolute bull****.

I always get excited when a console game is released for PC, because it's still a far better experience than 960x540 at 20fps... but this one is a massive letdown.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

16. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I just finished the game. It was absolutely brilliant. Way better than DMCIV.

It was also much longer than 10 hrs for me. I didn't have a counter but I would say it was 12-15hrs.

The graphics were better than DMCIV was in DX10 once again proving that the API means nothing.

The combat was really difficult too.

I just set compatibility mode to XP3 and set sound to 5.1 and there were no other problems with the game at all. Pretty decent story for a hack and slash as well, much better than DMCIV.

Couple of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The third (hotfix, day-1 update and now this.) patch is now out, again there's no changelog of what it fixes though it only affected two of the engine files but that doesn't mean much I guess as they could still have tweaked a number of things.