The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - The Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Biały Wilk, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    yeah, saw it on gamefaqs as well, perhaps a patch or driver update is needed.

2. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    sorry dchalf10 and The Chubu I was wrong :bonk: been playing the Witcher 2 on high/PC and wow it looks awesome!

What game difficulty are u dudes playing?

3. hlhbk

hlhbk Active Member

Man the draw distance in this game is terrible! I have everything maxed and made these mods and there is pop in everywhere!

4. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    you can try it like so,

And you can force Anisotropic filtering in driver Witcher2 profile for better texture quality.

Idk im at the beginning and i didnt see any noticeable popups with those settings. :)

5. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    New lighting :D

[​IMG]

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    dark here

half way trough my second cursed armor set

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    For people who asked bigger font mod via PM (old one wont work in EE),

Looks like CDProjekt didnt like old one ._., size looks kinda hardcoded on EE and they seem to ignore old .otf files (you can remove them and game still shows fonts, maybe because i have them installed on windows, anyways they wont show the expected modded size), best i could do is make every subtitle and such bold... not a big deal but well.

if some1 can make a mod which works better, im also interested

http://www.mediafire.com/?genze73fb24edfd

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  8. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    for me too xbox screenshoot looks much better. Its looks more natural. Yes the textures are low quality but the overall view its more better.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    "We accepted your request for a replacement Activation Code needed to redeem your free backup copy of The Witcher 2 from GOG.com.
    "

yay :)

10. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Im not sure that should i install the game to ssd or raid hdd? Any thoughts by ssd guys :)

11. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I have it installed on a 7200rpm (my OS being on a SSD), and it loads in literally 2-3 seconds (from main menu to in game). I wouldn't bother with the SSD. It loads very fast compared to nearly all other games. Sometimes I'd say it takes even less than 2 seconds.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  12. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    thanks for reply.. as far as i recall last time i played game it was similar what you are saying, there is no significant texture streaming like skyrim as well.. it seems tome that there is not much benefits for SSD here i guess..

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I would install to SSD. There are many times where it will hitch slightly to load things as you move through the world.

Not even when you load between areas but within an area.

I'm just finishing the EE right now and there have been many times where I've wished I had an SSD due to the loading. Level loading is fine, but when you're in the middle of a gameplay you want it as smooth as possible.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is anyone else seeing a large performance hit during the cutscenes when the depth of filed effect kicks in? Also, the actual depth of field effect looks 'heavier' (more blurred) than before, unless my memory is playing tricks on me. The game runs at 60 fps during actual gameplay on my system on the settings I'm using (1920x1200, Ultra with Ubersampling disabled and the Foliage/MeshScale settings increased) but can dip to down to 26-45 fps during cutscenes. I'm pretty sure these dips weren't that severe when I first played through the game.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wasn't that a bug with Nvidia or some driver issue?

It could also related to AMD/ATI and in general that option is very demanding. :)

EDIT: Though based on GoG forum discussions it seems it's gotten worse with this update.

16. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I do not have the slowdowns when using DOF, but it is indeed MUCH, MUCH blurrier than before. So much blurrier that I've actually disabled it. For instance, when a certain pile of meat jumps out of a window after killing a certain king, the tower he jumps out of is so incredibly blurry and ugly that the effect is better left of if you want to enjoy any graphical quality.

17. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    anyone struggling to install the update?

tried installing it and get the corrupt pack0.dzip error, tried redownloading part 2 (and part 1 and part 0 and part 3) like suggested but still get that problem...

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you're deleting the old files and using the auto-downloader program it means they still haven't fixed that issue, if you are using the manual download links it must be some other file that is damaged depending on how early on it's encountered (That error message about the damaged pack0.dzip install attempt.) though hopefully it will be easy to locate what file is causing the problem and then replace it. :)

19. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    my witcher 2 folder is 18.2 gb now, is that normal? heh.

20. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    sorry i should've been more clear, i originally auto downloaded the entire thing and had the error, read around and found that manually download part 1 and 2 meant to fix it, but right now it's still not fixed

i did notice one thing is that my part 1 is about 1mb smaller than every other file...making me think it's the corrupt one causing all the problem BUT i've tried redownloading that file many times now...

error happens quite early in the install