Dragon Age 3 PAX east 2012

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by zer0_c0ol, Apr 13, 2012.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    looks like this will be the final nail in the coffin. good riddance

no one pushed streamlining as hard as Bioware, and DA franchise was it's poster child.

and yes that includes DA (1).

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Where in the video did you see anything about streamlining ?

DA2 engine, more areas to explore, no dungeon re-use, more choices that matter, more items, more tactics... sounds great

4. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I'm still trying to figure out from the video how it's the final nail in the coffin.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    you don't really expect that BIOWARE all of a sudden overwhelm their fanbase
    with bunch of complicated strategies, some of them even unviable,
    or with loads of skills, stats and God forbid....NUMBERS?

@Major Melchett
    Crazy up against the wall, let's have it on right here :)

Final nail in the coffin of aspirations of anything better then cheapos like that.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    While i disagree with you on DA1( one of my all time fav RPG's ), i absolutely agree with you on everything else.

I thought DA2 was absolute $hite in comparison to 1, i have lost all faith in bioware delivering now that theyre doing yearly releases, so i expect this to suck.

7. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    LOL...funny @ people who were mindless cheering up for features which were partly_or_completely present in the Dragon Age Origins and then removed in the Dragon Age 2?.

Hahaha...I pity them.

8. racofer

racofer Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Sound like the same kind of crap BiowarEA said about ME3 before release, and we all know how well that turned out.

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    dragon age has a baldurs gate writer on the project i just hope that he will not make a "mass effect 3" style of ending

like: i am a supreme ghostly dragon that created the Blight for a stupid purpose only I the SUPREME BEING can f.. understand u measly mortal

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    BioWares place in 5 years from now [​IMG]

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    he has written bg2, nwn, dao, da2. and kotor

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol ..

Anyway, they said they would learn from Skyrim while making DA3. Let's see how spectacularly they fail on that front :p

13. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I think the practices of EA are wearing down on our beloved Bioware.

Pretty clear the move of the industry. Big corporation sees successful developer in the PC world. Has devoted fans and a track record of success. Gobbles them up and at first the games don't really change as the smaller company still has most of their employees and executives.

As time goes on big corp replaces talented people who make art, with drones who make what big corp executives want them to make (whatever is most marketable to the masses), most of the original good employees leave and their executives are replaced by big corp ones.

The soul of the company is destroyed leaving big corp to rape the brand name and any of the franchises built. Revenue drops as masses eventually get tired of the same boring lame ****, so big corp goes looking for successful and valued developer (likely from PC) to start over again with.

14. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i agree with you there. bioware said a lot of stuff for ME3 which ended not being in the game. somewhere between me2 and da2, bioware started to become rotten.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It was before that.
    There were issues in ME2 showing how BioWare was changing, and not for the better. EA's firm grasp on the company was coming through in the games.

DA2 just cemented it for a lot. And ME3 only worked to stomp it into place.

16. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    So, nowhere. Okay.

I expect more areas to explore, no dungeon re-use, more choices that matter, more items. I enjoyed some changes in DA2, these things I did not, and I'm certain they will be changed.

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Bioware is like every other EA consumed dev group, forced to release unfinished get to marked asap stuff with loads of paid for DLC even on day 1 and constantly from then on, to basically get what you initially wanted from the game.

Look at BF3, technically excellent on PC apart from client side hit detection, but completely destroyed from what BF2 was. Not gonna fix the game but still waiting on a decent commo rose, sigh.

Yearly churn is wrecking the industry and only going to get worse.

18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    A tragic end to a tragic series.

19. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Making games is business as much as anything else. If there was money to be made from releasing complex RPGs and hardcore balanced FPS games, everyone would be on it.
    The problem is not the developer nor the publisher, its the 20 million morons buying call of duty ( or insert a name of any "mainstream" game ) on day 1.
    If everyone gave 2/10 to call of duty, or battlefield or mass effect, or dragon age or 90% of other "garbage", and said the reason is because they are simplistic and stupid and unbalanced etc.. and they sold 100k copies and lost 50 million dollars, you would see a change.
    And on top of all that you have the console hardware limitations.
    By how things are going, I'm happy to see even this much being done.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012