Logitech Z506, did I kill them?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by k1z, Apr 7, 2012.

1. k1z

k1z Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 980 SOC
    I'm a total newb when it comes to sound equipment, so I have no idea if/how there's a possiblity to fix this, or what the damage is. Anyway, pretty simple: Logitech 5.1 speakers, I accidently knocked the head speaker (the one with the power button...) off the desk, a ~50-60cm drop, now they won't turn on.
    Any ideas? If I can't fix this, could I buy some other 2.1 speakers and just replace the head speaker?

2. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    helps if u tell which one of the logi 5.1 u has....

open em and look for fuse or parts dislocated

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I agree with Bokah, most likely there's something loose inside. Could also be a cracked solder or something.

4. k1z

k1z Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 980 SOC
    Model is Z506, it's in the thread title. Before I go looking for a tool that can unscrew this type of screws, I just wanna know, will it work if I use a head speaker from another set of speakers, as a temporary solution at least.

Edit: typo

5. k1z

k1z Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 980 SOC
    Double post...but whatever. So I opened it, but I can't find anything wrong...or I can't recognize it. But, the power button seems to be just slightly looser than usual.

6. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    can u take that button out and look closer?

7. k1z

k1z Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 980 SOC
    I opened the whole thing, disconnected cables and stuff, removed the small circuit board where the buttons are on. I couldn't find a way to fix whatever was wrong. So, if I used a headspeaker from another set of speakers, would it work?

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have a pair of Z506 but I honestly don't know if what you are suggesting would work, I would assume they need the serial cable as well.

I suggest emailing Logitech support and seeing what they suggest.