AMD Catalyst 12.3 (8.951.0 March 8) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice Driver , awsome. Installed without a problem and working great on the games i play ( DiRT 2 - DiRT 3 - NFS The Run ) , even DiRT 3 went up by 3 FPS. Definitely Keepers. W7 x64bit , 2 HD6950(unlocked) Crossfire.

My 2 cents

2. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Any 5xxx series owners using this? I'll be happy to guinea pig these if not (5970+5850) but if there are any impressions or tips, would love to hear 'em.

3. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Same goes for 5800m series guys. Been using 8.96, the opengl1.2's messed up my stuff.. so the earlier 8.96's

4. Vacating

Vacating Member

GPU:
    Zotac 680GTX
    If you mean that the 2nd card's clocks simply aren't being reported correctly with desktop mode, think this is not the case - the 2nd card does appear to be operating at full speed as the fan speed is higher, the reported temp for that card is higher, the corresponding temps for the 1st card & the overall case temps are significantly higher. Running Furmark for a moment & quitting will bring the clocks back down to desktop speed, and all temps across the board decrease...

5. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Thanks man, much appreciated to know there is some fellow sufferer out there! Hopefully a dev reads our posts and ends our flickering asap

6. pugsiman

pugsiman Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Am I the only one who get CTD's in skyrim with these latest drivers?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  7. dotslasher

dotslasher Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970 GTX
    I get slowdowns in BF3 it's really annoying.

low fps outside and bigger maps, like 25-30fps at certain times.

It's been 3 months and there aren't any decent drivers out. my god.

12.1 crappy performance
    12.2 random BSODs on me
    12.3 crappy performance
    12.4 slowdowns.

:(

8. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    ROTFL

Dude, in what world u live ... definietly is not our world.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    All of the official sets I've used work fine also. Sure there was the Alan Wake Crossfire bug, but it's a new game to PC and new cards.

It's fixed now.

I've had no major issues with anything on all the official releases.

I have none of these slowdowns a few 7970 users experience at all.

Bad memory clocks, and or bad memory or no page file can crash AMD/ATI drivers. This is something people should try to look into.

10. dotslasher

dotslasher Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970 GTX
    ok i've tested another 12.4 version of the drivers and they work great now. no performance loss in BF3.

these are keepers. 60 fps all over the place (vsync on).

it were the 120315a-135399E-win7-Vista drivers

they're better than these 12.3 drivers.

11. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Well the card performs normally as far as I can see since temp difference is in the normal 1°C-2°C range for me as it has always been. I also did check with
    GPU-Z since I wanted to have a second read-out compared to AIDA.
    With the fanspeed running differently I cant say...running on water. Also you
    might wanna try the CAP for this driver...resolved the little micro-stutters in BF3
    for me and ANNO seems to run smoother with them too so it might be a CFX thing?!
    Cheers!:cheers:

12. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Fed up with the cry babies continuously whining over and over when there is obvious fixes. I really don't care too much what you find insulting.

Oh and by the way it is version 1.5 now.

13. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    I reinstall Skyrim, and after that, the flickering is gone, zero, nothing. Now, the game is running perfect, without graphical corruptions.

14. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    OMFG you drunk?
    OBVIOUS FIXES? IF YOU can fix Skyrim's CF flickering for me without breaking every other recent game (rolling back to outdated drivers), I'll give you 20€ via PayPal right away, and if you are insulting me once more I'll report you. Guru3D is about help and not about insulting/making fun/trolling other members that mostly visit this Page because they seek advice.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  15. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    reported.

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Hey, we made it too 7 pages this time in a ATI driver thread before the endless insulting happened!

I'm impressed, normally mods have to remind people by page three, I think this may be a record

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Stay on topic people and do not get personal.

18. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Well, after I reinstall the game, update 8 and mods from ZERO, my Skyrim works perfectly. Maybe the various updates from Bethesda and nexus "fixes" have cause the flickering in options and local map. Now, the driver running perfect with Skyrim.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Walter, thanks for your input but it did not solve it. I even installed Windows 8 CP just to see if a fresh install of the OS would make a diffrence, but even on Win8 with the official rc 10 driver and some beta drivers its still flickering literally the same. So its solemly related to the driver.

20. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Please quit your swearing and insulting me .... no I am not drunk

Everyone else seems to tweak ccc and game settings and has no problems with crossfire. Others with the exact same cards state it works perfect on new drivers as does mine. Others are using older drivers. Some have disable crossfire all together and get butter smooth game play. All these things and still no help? I already told you nothing was directed at you however you seem to want to have some sort of fight. Report away .............. Oh your partner already did. This is counter productive like I stated it was in the first place, I will not respond to you again. This post is to make you understand it does not worry me to be reported by you, I have done nothing wrong.