AMD Catalyst 12.3 (8.951.0 March 8) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hemphill

hemphill New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC
    8.95.5 works without problems here too, but all the versions since then have resulted in exactly the same symptoms. The reset button is the only option.

But AMD's drivers have, in recent times, corrected some problems and created a a set of new at the same time, so I think that the problem is there.

And Aida64 started to work when I removed all the GPU sensor selections in safe mode.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Oh, sorry.

3. Vacating

Vacating Member

GPU:
    Zotac 680GTX
    Just in case AMD is paying attention, my 2nd card is stuck at full speed w/0% utilization when starting up. Have to start a game or Furmark full-screen for the clocks to drop. AMD... you aren't doing very well lately...

4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

5. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    Working perfectly, even when i didn't have any problems on xplane, thought the fix would mean they improved support, but gpu never was a problem, stuck with unithread my system does a poor job on fps.
    Other titles, never had a problem and still perfect performance/stability.

6. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Works fine like always...

7. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Ive just installed these, when I click to open Overdrive, Click on Lic. agreement, It switches to the AMD Home page, the AMD Overdrive tab disappears. Any body else experience this?

8. medo3000

medo3000 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    I can confirm this problem

9. medo3000

medo3000 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

10. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    After a couple attempts to find a fix by reinstalling, I decided to go with 12.4 Beta. I have AMD Overdrive now, just wished I knew why it didnt work with 12.3 drivers.:)

11. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    CFX and Powertune Issue

Cheers folks,
    I did some diggin on the web on the CFX and Powertune slider issue since I was
    experience it the since Cat 12.2 and now also in 12.3 here.
    This is what I have found out so far, since Cat 12.2 the driver disables the second GPU when in desktop mode so you can`t change powertune since the card has to be active to do so, so if you wanna change the slider without having it jump back when you click the apply button just run i.e. Heaven in windowed mode to get the card(s) in 3d mode and then change the slider and hit apply. It should not jump back now, at least it worked for me!
    With CFX and not clocking back in desktop, well according to AIDA it works for me but CCC says otherwise, but I think since the second card is disabled on desktop CCC cant read clocks properly as CCC stated clock gauges only run in perfomance mode correctly!

I hope it helped....

Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  12. Thalyn

Thalyn Guest

I had that a while back with one of the betas (I think it was the Feb 14 one). Managed to fix it by uninstalling just the CCC, deleting the ATI.ACE program files folders (you may need to force-close Explorer to let you do that), restarting and then re-installing the CCC. Seems to be some kind of file access violation during install - but it's nothing a little brute force can't fix.

Why it happens with some installs and not others is beyond me, though.

13. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    So your work around is to place the 11.10 dll's in the skyrim directory and you are done?

It would be nice to see the one that screams and shouts in here just indicate it is still not working to AMD and here if he needs to and quite the shouting. In no way was i pointing at you.

Regards

14. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Thanks Thalyn, I do recall that I couldnt delete the two .dll's in ATI.ACE prior to 12.3 install, i installed any way, hence the AMD OD frustration. Well Ill try it per your fix.
    Much obliged man.

15. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Nice drivers.
    Impressed so far.
    1st driver I've used that actually "reads" my card correctly.
    GPU clock @ 800MHz instead of 775MHz
    Small bump in Pixel Fillrate and Texture Fillrate.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also a slight decrease in temps after playing Skyrim.

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M

Lolno. A full fresh install of the 11.10's is needed. Simply the dll's in the dir does NOT work. And when you're on those old drivers, naturally all new titles don't work/have crappy performance. After all the effort I've put in fixing skyrim (with no avail) I found your previous post highly insulting. That's why the rage answer.

17. mr. nails

mr. nails Member

GPU:
    AMD 6850
    12.3's + 12.3 CAP1's

I play Killing Floor and Aion right now and both perform perfectly (with my setup).

CCC does not restart at bootup (the OPENCL 12.4 beta's did). My card reads teh correct clock speeds and I have Overdrive.

Ran 3dMark Vantage and 3dMark 11 and both are on par with 12.1's (11.12's are the fastest for me).

As for video's I get zero "green" videos and my Blu-Ray movies play and look flawlessly.

Can't comment on Xfire or DX11 games, but I did have LOTRO installed (not anymore) and it played DX11 fine.

Uninstalled drivers, reboot to safe mode, used CCleaner, Driver Sweeper 3.2, CCleaner again, manually cleaned the rest of my registry, reboot, install new drivers, done.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  18. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Uninstall (and CAP) all again restart use Atiman Uninstaller 6.3.1 restart and install again 12.3 WHQL.Atiman use option A and after restart Next Generation ...
    Driver Speeper its not working for me.

19. mr. nails

mr. nails Member

GPU:
    AMD 6850
    naw, don't need atiman. driver sweeper works just fine. MOST ppl still using version 2.0 or whatever. I'm using 3.2. Cleans all but ONE registry file. So, I'm content.

20. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I had to let go of my Skyrim rage, I will play it when I play it, for now it's getting dusty in the corner, figuratively!

I still haven't played it beyond the first few hours, it's just unplayable!

I'm very tired and about to go to bed, so I don't want to misquote anyone! Just saying that I share your Skyrim pains bro!