PowerPoint issue

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Arken, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Arken

Arken New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 Crossfire
    Hi I'm currently having some problems with my PowerPoint at the moment. A fellow employee has sent me a PowerPoint presentation via e-mail. I can open and read all the data in the document though I cannot edit an excel spreadsheet object that has been included in the presentation.

When I try to access it I get the error message saying that server application, source file or item cannot be found. I have both PowerPoint and Excel installed on my computer so I don't see what the problem is. The person that's sent it to me too claims that he's linked and embedded it all correctly as well.

What's your take on the situation? If he has linked and embedded it all correctly is it a fault on my end? Or is it definitely his fault for not linking it correctly?

Thanks a million! (-:

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yes.

Your colleague is mistaken.

3. jaydeee

jaydeee Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7600GT
    Try double clicking the spreadsheet from the presentation itself, the spreadsheet will become editable from there... This may change from version to version, mine does it that way. :)