Manhunt for killer of French paratroopers

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by (.)(.), Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They friggin captured the bastard in Afghanistan fighting against ISAF troops and they let him come back into the country... alive!? You might as well have stamped the passport "terrorist entry".

About the group he was affiliated with:

Talk about an abuse of democracy and freedom of speech.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's those vermin .. again .. and not Neo Nazis.

3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    BFMTV says that he has been arrested.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm hes been linked to al-Qaeda

time will tell if its true though

5. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Maybe, just maybe, this will get people to acknowledge that radicalized Islam is not a good thing. Naturally the majority of the people who practice Islam are peaceful intelligent individuals, but these days it has become dangerously perverted and twisted the minds of a small section.

Tolerance only goes so far, and you can't reason with illogical people.

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    lol what? no one thinks radicalized islam (or any other thing) is a good thing.

7. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    words amaze me, oh well.

RIP victims

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Image of the bastard:

[​IMG]

9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    :stewpid:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  10. MerkageTurk

MerkageTurk Banned

GPU:
    GTX 580sli + GTX 260
    wdh?? why have you moderators removed my comment. I did not use any bad language i just spoke the truth.

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Check your PM's. No more off topic

12. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Glad he's been caught and while it's wrong to root for a person to die I sure as hell won't be sad when he does.

13. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    It seems that the information I got before was incorrect. ATM street light are dark and according to HS police has started storming into the house.

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    24 hours hours and the French have not thrown up the white flag! What a battle.
    /joke

On a more serious note, there seems to be an extreme lack of professionalism here on the part of the French security forces. How the heck did they end up with three (3!) of their officers shot but the suspect still at large and armed... for over a day yet!

Throw in tear gas along with several flashbangs and watch the fool come running out not remembering if he's a man or woman, then just taser or jump him.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    its possible the assailant had a better vantage point than the police. if he had a clear fov, he could of easially picked those cops off before they knew what was going on. just glad it was only 3 with non life threatening injuries.

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    According to HS 2 officers were injured, but there have been 3 explosions (someone was wondering if those were to blow off the front door (but why would you need 3) or just to scare).

French are really wanting to get him out alive. He had promised to surrender at some point of afternoon. Well, he did not surrender then, shocking that you cant trust a terrorist.

I dont think that one man can check all routes going to apartment in city (lives in a block of flats afaik). Smoke helps to block the fov, flash, hell, anything at all directions and he will have no idea what is going on, other than they are coming in.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    are there still people inside that building he is in? what about the surrounding buildings?

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Rule #1 when dealing with terrorists holed up: Never let them take the initiative.

Rule #2: When in doubt, refer to rule #1.

Any time these rules were not followed it ended up costing the negotiating side dearly.

I don't recall such a simple terrorist hold-up in recent memory, and I still can't figure on how they managed to screw this up.

- First floor
    - No hostages
    - ONE person Armed but untrained
    - Neighborhood evacuated

I mean you can not ask for a simpler standoff to solve.

Not to sound over-arrogant, but I'm sure Israel would in this case have no problem sending over the YAMAM (our version of SWAT), the YAMAM have taken home "Urban Shield" international SWAT challenge trophy for two years in a row (they only started competing two years ago :) ) setting a new record the first time they were there; and they have no shortage of experience in dealing with terrorists.

19. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    People near have been avacuated.

ATM it seems (again according to HS which has heard flor reportern near that house), that there have been no gunfire or explosions in some time, they might have managed to get to situation in control.

BTW. The shooter has 15 crimes on his record and NATO troops has suspected him for something on some other country... I wonder why they did not atc before ?

20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    More info, it seems that those explosions were just to scare or to cause some pressure. Police has not stormed the house (according to BBC French interior ministery) which had said so to some reporters.

EDIT: That is what we know atm. Just that info coming out is not that reliable. Police said earlier that those explosions were to destroy front door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.