Configuring Logitech g500 under Windows 7 64 and Linux

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jhelsas, Mar 20, 2012.

1. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    I have been having a hard time trying to use logitech's program to recognize the above mentioned mouse under win7 64 bits professional, so I can then configure it. I have other logitech mouses/keyboards and didn't have any problems with then before. I searched the internet to fixes and alike for this mouse and couldn't put any to work with my computer. Any help would be most apreciated.

As a bonus I would take any sugestion to configure it under linux, but it's not a must since I know it's not easy to find programs to do this kind of configuration.

2. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    What problems are you having specifically? I'm using a G500 on Win7 Pro x64 without issue.

3. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    the setpoint doesn't recognize the mouse, neither the normal version nor the g500 specific version, and so I can't configure the buttons(the one I wanted to configure is the middle buttom on the side), also can't change the dpi of the mouse.

Beside that, it's fine, it works without pratical issues.

4. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    Try installing the older setpoint software that doesn't combine all devices into one.

5. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    Installed the version that came in the cd with them, worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.