compatible 3d tv with nvidia 3d vision??

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by basel, Mar 14, 2012.

1. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    are all 3d tv compatible with nvidia 3d feature?? like they just need to have 120hz refresh rate??

2. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    If a 3D TV uses HDMI 1.4 / 1.4a then yes, it should be compatible according to Nvidia. However, in stereoscopic 3D mode they are still limited to maximum 720p resolution for gaming.

Later this year, new display products will be released which will incorporate 300 MHz HDMI chips so that's when 60 Hz per eye @ 1920x1080 resulotion 3D TVs will finally hit the market. This has been announced at CES 2012 in Las Vegas a while ago.

3. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    if i get a 3d tv would i need the 3d kit from nvidia with the nvidia usb thingy and nvidia 3d glasses? or i can just use the 3d tv glasses??

4. eLGbesi

eLGbesi Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    no you do not need the 3D kit or glasses from nvidia ,but you will need to buy nvidia 3DTV play software . there is a free 14 days trial to try it before you buy it .
    i tried it on my sony 3D TV and it worked well .

ps
    apparently (NOTE: the 3D Vision IR emitter is required to activate 3DTV Play software on your PC.)

so the trial version works without owning the 3D vision IR emitter ,but you will need it to activate the full version :bang: BULLSH##

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

5. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    WTH why do i need a software to use a feature that i already paid for when i bought the graphic card , and btw how much is the IR emitter? and what does it do exactly?

6. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
  7. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    No, only the bundled version of the software (bundled free with NVIDIA 3D Vision PCs) requires the IR emitter to complete activation of the software. The IR emitter is not required (and neither are the Nvidia 3D shutter glasses) if the software is purchased directly from the Nvidia Store.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-system-requirements.html

8. Hesto

Hesto Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX480
    3dtv

Hi all, please can you somebody tell me if I can use with nvidia 3d vision any kind of tv, if I have sony whitch have 200hz vill by compatible.
    Thank you