Kepler will be Unbeatable: NVIDIA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 2, 2012.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh come on wizz is one of the most respected reviewers around,So what if the list is messed up.

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

No disrespect to Wizzard intended, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of the quoted reviews don't agree with almost any other reviewer so can't blame people for being cautious.

I can only assume you don't pay for your power usage, but many people, including myself, do and are going to be sensible in regards to long term cash outlay which effectively makes the card more expensive. That's without taking into account the heat generated and the fact that some people will need to upgrade their PSU.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They probably cheered as the 7970 was around the performance of their card, and not absolutely hammering it :p

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I bet those overall numbers are closer to the truth then other sites.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    oh cmon dont bring the power usuage thing into it.

that is weak i think...cmon man i didnt think you were a fanboy but those type of comments indicate you are.

6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Yeah...their GTX580 card.

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I'm a fanboy for wanting to save £20 a year? and lots of reviewers use price/performance/watt as a deciding factor.. and wasn't it you making a big fuss about a similar number in the 560ti thread merely minutes ago even though you were arguing for a much weaker card? double standards much :3eyes:

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    erm no i would never bring in power consumption into a gpu arguement. well atm.

but only fanboys seem to use fairly "weak" arguements in my opinion.

£20 a year....that really isnt 2 much. just drink 5 pints less.

estas faillando un poco tio te le juro. no lo dijo por nada solo de amistad y honestad. soy asi. :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Forgive me for not taking any of that seriously :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    what the part about power consumption? it really is a poor part of any amd v nvidia arguement.

cmon we all know that....

i dont understand a personal attachement to a gpu myself. seem rather silly and all the nonsense/discussion that arise around a new launch.

te dijo muy en serio haha!

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

well, end of the day £20 is still money, personally I wouldn't care either but that doesn't mean we shouldn't hold nvidia/AMd or whoever up to the highest standards.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    oh i agree as long as that doesnt entail holding it up to whatever current gpu is in your possesion.

it's actually a fairly easy thing to do. i know because i own a 580 and find myself knee-jerk wanting to defend it.

it's weird how something inaminate becomes an emotional thing.

that said i'll defend it when i see something false that's posted. if someone said to me "what card should i buy if i had to buy a card now"

i'd reply a 7970. and if it doesnt come up to scratch you can always return..

what's funny is how nvidia owners are building it up and amd owners putting it down. when no-one knows zero or it's educated guesses. and maybe they are right...

what i cant see is some members of this forum holding up their hands and saying yeah go for a 580 or go for a 7970..

it's pretty sad and tbh we all know it's here. a denial act will only last you so long...

the "watcher" is here....:)

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^yeah it's only natural I guess, and let's be honest it can be fun too, that is as long as people don't get carried away :)

Also regrding the Crysis 2 charts at TPU, Wizzard did reply to concerns about it and said he would update the charts, so all's fine there, but you'll have to wait for the updated charts/future reviews before making comparisons.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2564244&postcount=12

and anymore info about this brush bios?

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    NO i dont pay for my powerdraw,as ive said before in other threads i run my PC off 2 Heavy Duty car batteries,i dont need to worry about power and even if i could afford electricity like you(your so lucky im jealous!)i certainly wouldnt be waffling on about powerdraw.:D

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yes clearly you have more money to spend than the rest of us as you keep saying in countless other threads, I suppose I'm the one who should be jealous ;)

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    come on lads/girls both ati and nvidia make great gpus that keep us gaming for hundreds of hours , who cares if its red or green as long as ya fps makes u smile and u get what u pay for then job done :)

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I think you may not have realised that this is an enthusiast forum and most people who buy enthusiast level hardware really aren't bothered about the $30.00 that said hardware tacks on to the energy bill per year.

I don't think that having an extra $30.00 to spend on one's hobby (per year) is anywhere close to uncommon and if you think that is a lot of cash, enthusiast level PC gaming may not be the right place for you.

I'm not trying to be an a$$hole here, I would agree with you if your argument was that you had to spend $500 or $1000 or whatever but $30.00 is equivalent to 3 imported beers at a bar.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    For those of us taking part in the Folding@Home project, power consumption can be a concern. Running a graphics card and cpu at full load 24/7 eats up a good bit of power. Most of us want maximum performance per watt from our components.

I think you misunderstand what "enthusiast" actually means. It has nothing to do with how much you spend or what you components you buy.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enthusiast

You don't have to buy the fastest components on the market to be an "enthusiast".

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Alright so let's get back to what the argument actually was before all the people with ti-sli jump in as if they are the majority of PC gamers, users on this forum or even enthusiasts for that matter.. the argument was that if both cards perform about the same but one uses 50% more power then that's a serious flaw in the card's design...answers on a postcard, please.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I can see where your heading BZ...hehe.
    [​IMG]